Josh Shaw Busted by League

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
UPDATE: looks his bet did include the cards. He will probably be banned from the league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss
@joshweinfuss

·
34m

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury on the next step in the Josh Shaw saga: "Josh was here in training camp and was injured and, honestly, I haven't had any communication with him since so I'm not sure the next step there.”

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NFL encourages gambling yet a player on IR and makes an innocent mistake and is ruined for life this is the NFL hypocrisy at its greatest
No. The move to Vegas with the Raiders is one helluva ticking time bomb that doesn't need much to tip it over. This cannot be ignored. The NFL is embracing online gambling as another revenue source but allowing players to gamble on games is insane.

P S, he bet the Cards to lose and put his occupation as an NFL player on his registration card.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread yet but I assume someone has pointed out this is the same kid who invented an elaborate story of jumping off a balcony to save a kid from drowning when he was at USC? Shaw had argued with his girlfriend, said he thought she had called the cops(never was clear if she did) so he naturally thought I should jump off a 3rd floor balcony to avoid the police. He injured both ankles, thought he'd broken both legs, called his brother who picked him up. He then claimed he'd jumped from the balcony to save his 7 year old nephew who was drowning in a pool that apparently wasn't even remotely reachable from the balcony he jumped from. USC knew immediately the story was fake and he eventually admitted it to them and asked them to cover it up but there were too many people who knew the truth, they knew it would get out, so USC told him he was going to have to come clean or they would for him.

That was 5 years ago, so he's not a kid anymore but the idea that he has this great excuse I misunderstood the new gambling rules is preposterous, the NFL tells players every year you are not allowed to bet on football, there is no way in the world he thought because he was on IR he was allowed to. It may well have been his first time doing it I have no idea, but I don't believe for a minute he didn't know he wasn't allowed to I think he just somehow didn't expect to get caught and when he did, that's his "drowning story" this time around, I misunderstood the rule.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose