Josh Rosen put in worst situation of any rookie QB in history

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
1st QTR
2-10-ARZ 18 (9:57) J.Rosen pass incomplete deep middle to L.Fitzgerald [B.Wagner]. (15 yard pass, should've been caught)
1-10-SEA 37 (2:32) J.Rosen pass incomplete deep left to C.Kirk. (29-yard pass, could've led Kirk a little deeper and hit him in stride for a TD, but definitely should've been caught. Kirk dropped it when he hit the ground.)

2-11-SEA 27 8 :24) J.Rosen pass deep left to C.Williams for 27 yards, TOUCHDOWN [Q.Jefferson]. The Replay Official reviewed the pass completion ruling, and the play was REVERSED. J.Rosen pass incomplete deep left to C.Williams (E.Thomas) [Q.Jefferson] (nice pass under pressure - though Rosen never looked at another receiver option - and Williams was double-covered, but Rosen put it where only Williams could catch it... too bad he didn't get both feet in bounds) * Could have been a TD.
2nd QTR

1-10-SEA 11 (15:00) (Shotgun) J.Rosen pass incomplete short middle to L.Fitzgerald (J.Coleman) (Kirk & Williams were open in the flats, but Rosen never took his eyes off Fitz, breaking across the middle, and forced a pass into double coverage. Fitz could've come down with it but the announcer said it was "broken up" and Fitz thought he was "interfered with". Some blame to go around on this one.)
1-10-SEA 40 8 :18) (Shotgun) J.Rosen pass incomplete short middle to L.Fitzgerald (B.Wagner) (high pass hung Fitz out to dry for a big hit by Wagner. Fitz got his hands on it, but i wouldn't call it a catchable ball or a drop.) * Larry had it in both hands and as he was coming down, he got hit by LB.
3rd QTR
3-10-ARZ 25 (3:37) (Shotgun) J.Rosen pass incomplete short middle to R.Seals-Jones (B.McDougald) [F.Clark] (Rosen held the ball too long, then threw way off-target to Seals-Jones; looked to have better targets with a quicker pass).
4th QTR
2-11-ARZ 33 (14:22) (Shotgun) J.Rosen pass incomplete short left to R.Seals-Jones. (ball was thrown late and behind Seals-Jones, but should've been caught for a short gain)
1-10-SEA 49 (10:51) (Shotgun) J.Rosen Aborted. M.Cole FUMBLES at 50, recovered by ARZ-J.Rosen at ARZ 46. J.Rosen pass incomplete short left. (Rosen rolled left, then threw it away after the shotgun snap bounced to him)
1-10-ARZ 24 (7:11) J.Rosen pass incomplete short right (broken play? Rosen rolled right and threw it away)

First of all...very nice job! Thank you for your detailed response.

We will disagree on some things but based on your assessment above:

(4) Dropped passes
(2) Throw aways
(3) Disputable

Rosen was 15-27

4 dropped passes - 19-27
3 disputable - 22-27
2 throw aways (due to pressure) 24-27

There is 1 more in there that I don't agree with you about but will give it to you.

TD's - Chad Williams dropped 1 and so did Fitz (9 yard TD at 15:00 of 2nd QTR). Yes, Rosen also missed Chad/Kirk on another one.

Yards - 180

Larry's 1st drop = 15 yards (195)
Kirk's drop = 29 yards (224)
Chad's missed catch = 27 yards (251)
Fitz TD drop = 9 yards (260)
Fitz drop :18 2nd QTr = 6 yard (266)
RSJ drop/slightly off target = 10 yards (276)
RSJ drop = 4 yards (280)
2 throw aways due to extreme pressure and a bad snap.

Adjusted totals on the high side = 24-27 for 280 yards and at least 2 TD's/maybe 3.

What I am saying is that is pretty good 1st game for a rookie and much better than the stats suggest.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap guys, I read for a while but damn. This Murray and Rosen thing is causing everyone to become professional analyzers

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Here's the thing that I haven't heard anyone address and the thing that makes it simple for me.

He came into the organization with a bit of bluster and bluster isn't bad if you back it up, but if it's in fact the exact opposite of what you claimed?

That's bad.

It's really that simple for me, but others obviously can and will differ.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
You're not taking into account that Josh also contributed to the fact that our offense was unwatchable. Yes, the entire coaching staff was abysmal. Yes, the Oline sucked. And yes, Josh Rosen was awful too. Josh can be good, as long as everything else around him is good. Can we trust this organization to make EVERYTHING around him good/great?? After watching this team since 1963, I have to say no. I have to laugh when MB talks about how he's always studying & talking to franchises that routinely win championships. Hell, we are the OLDEST franchise in the NFL. Why aren't teams coming to us? After all these years, we can barely get to 1st base, let alone 2nd. For this franchise to sniff a championship, they need to be GREAT at the most impactful position in the sport. It'll be a long time before we'll have the opportunity we have right now. Don't blow it Cardinals. Murray is the guy.
Hate to say this but Murray given the same set of circumstance would be just as bad if not worse that is the very reason IMHO we should build TEAM FIRST and if Rosen sucks again next year then make the very necessary changes history has proven that most players improve dramatically in their 2nd year

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Matt Leinart was much better as rookie number 10 pick - and you all continue to kick him in the nuts repeatedly - if we really want to know draft Murray and keep josh - it’s ok to compete them - no really it is

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In history? Give me a break. This was an 8-8 team the year before with most of the same players coming back AND getting David Johnson back. Your title is ridiculous.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hate to say this but Murray given the same set of circumstance would be just as bad if not worse that is the very reason IMHO we should build TEAM FIRST and if Rosen sucks again next year then make the very necessary changes history has proven that most players improve dramatically in their 2nd year

We KNOW that Rosen was bad under these circumstances. You can’t say that Murray would do even worse until he ACTUALLY does worse. If Rosen sucks again, the Murray opportunity is lost. Murray is not your average opportunity. His skill set will fit KK’s system like a glove.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
We KNOW that Rosen was bad under these circumstances. You can’t say that Murray would do even worse until he ACTUALLY does worse. If Rosen sucks again, the Murray opportunity is lost. Murray is not your average opportunity. His skill set will fit KK’s system like a glove.
Maybe of course ya know I'm going to come at ya though to what happens when the rest of the league figures KK's offense out say by week 7 or 8 ya know these defensive guys tend to do that just a little bit will KK readjust or keep trying and Murray's athleticism will only carry him so far witness Randall Cunningham remember he was actually a great runner and passer early then had to adjust to be a pocket passer towards the end in Minnesota

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe of course ya know I'm going to come at ya though to what happens when the rest of the league figures KK's offense out say by week 7 or 8 ya know these defensive guys tend to do that just a little bit will KK readjust or keep trying and Murray's athleticism will only carry him so far witness Randall Cunningham remember he was actually a great runner and passer early then had to adjust to be a pocket passer towards the end in Minnesota
For the unteenth time, Murray is not a running qb in the same mold as the Vick’s, Lamar’s, RG3, Randall’s....he’s the same mold as Mahomes, and Wilson: a pocket passer that can utilize his legs for gains.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
For the unteenth time, Murray is not a running qb in the same mold as the Vick’s, Lamar’s, RG3, Randall’s....he’s the same mold as Mahomes, and Wilson: a pocket passer that can utilize his legs for gains.
A very short one I may add and behind this lime he will be a running QB in very short order so to save his life

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A very short one I may add and behind this lime he will be a running QB in very short order so to save his life
That depends on his line....being short is relative, Flutie didn’t have those problems to survive in the NFL Neither did Jurgeson or Tarkenton. Bree’s, Wilson, Mayfield are all “short” but they are thriving. Murray is oozing with talent, the arm of Mahomes, and the legs of Barkley. This is generational talent. He faced dudes who are the same size as those in the NFL. Please spare me the height arguement. What’s next, he’s going to bail to the A’s??

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

u dint post much before but recently u are always ready to praise rosen and detracting murray
so my question is obvious
are u related to rosen?

previously we had here the gabbert cousin, a funny young kid who used to post stuff about the talented gabbert and how good he could be with an adequate cast around him

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
u dint post much before but recently u are always ready to praise rosen and detracting murray
are u related to rosen?

previously we had here the gabbert cousin, a funny young kid who used to post stuff about the talented gabbert and how good he could be with an adequate cast around him
Don’t forget Vikesfan who staunchly defended Denny Green and theees a PalmerCardinal on another board who knows Carson.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
A very short one I may add
are u related to rosen?

Bah I have reading this board for a very long time never posted anything bit always loved reading other people's thoughts. Actually stumbled onto itfrom a old website called Footballs Future bout 10 or so years ago and you are right I do like Rosen better than Murray for a few reasons 1. Murray hasn't started long enough in college 2. SHORT QBs scare me 3. Rosen was pit in a No win position withe the coaches and team last year and last but not least its extremely hard for me to pass or give up on a number 1 pick after after just 1 year

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bah I have reading this board for a very long time never posted anything bit always loved reading other people's thoughts. Actually stumbled onto itfrom a old website called Footballs Future bout 10 or so years ago and you are right I do like Rosen better than Murray for a few reasons 1. Murray hasn't started long enough in college 2. SHORT QBs scare me 3. Rosen was pit in a No win position withe the coaches and team last year and last but not least its extremely hard for me to pass or give up on a number 1 pick after after just 1 year
1. One good year in college: Cam Newton, Vick, Trubisky destroys that arguement

2: short qb’s scare you. So you would pass on Wilson, Flutie, Mayfield, Brees because they are too short?

3. Rosen was missing wide open passes and touchdowns in a clean pocket. Worst qbr out of all first round rookies.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i mean i m happy u post here, just hope is not for a short of time and then u disappear if they draft Murray

Reaction score
In history? Give me a break. This was an 8-8 team the year before with most of the same players coming back AND getting David Johnson back. Your title is ridiculous.

Completely different coaching staff who didn't utilize DJ correctly. The o-line was in shambles with street fa's starting at the end of the year.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
1 year good year in college: Cam Newton, Vick, Trubisky destroys that arguement

2: short qb’s scare you. So you would pass on Wilson, Flutie, Mayfield, Brees because they are too short?

3. Rosen was missing wide open passes and touchdowns in a clean pocket. Worst qbr out of all first round rookies.
Rosen constantly telegraphed his passes, late delivery and a pick 6. He also overthrows wide open receivers when he had time. This guy isn't the answer. Backup qb for a couple years. .....

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
1 year good year in college: Cam Newton, Vick, Trubisky destroys that arguement

I like Cam Newton, but are you really going to point to Mitch Trubisky as the best-case scenario here?

It's not like any of these guys are traditional QBs with a long track record of NFL success.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Cam Newton, but are you really going to point to Mitch Trubisky as the best-case scenario here?

It's not like any of these guys are traditional QBs with a long track record of NFL success.

Yes he was too generous comparing those guy to Murray, kyler has much better fundememtals and he is a natural smooth thrower

1year wonder? Yes but what kind of year he had, the way he played and those records...I prefer 1 stellar year then 3 years of above average performance

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes he was too generous comparing those guy to Murray, kyler has much better fundememtals and he is a natural smooth thrower

1year wonder? Yes but what kind of year he had, the way he played and those records...I prefer 1 stellar year then 3 years of above average performance

Rosen may or may not be the franchise QB but there are few QBs in the league (including Murray) who can throw a football as natural and as smooth as Rosen.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Rosen may or may not be the franchise QB but there are few QBs in the league (including Murray) who can throw a football as natural and as smooth as Rosen.

Murray is in the same class, dont kid yourself.

His deep ball is absolutely effortless. It gets downfield fast and he leads receivers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The best arms of the 1st round QBs are Murray and Lock. Lock has the best arm, but his fundamentals and decision making arent always good. Haskins and Jones make good decisions but lack deep accuracy.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Running for his life? What do you think would happen to Rosie behind the same line?
Same thing as last year unfortunately an old saying that still holds true Football Games are won and lost in the trenches the Glamour boys get all the glory but the O line and D line are where the games are determined

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard