Josh Jones traded to the Houston Texans

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Jones will be a free agent at the end of the year. Houston got a one year rental with no assurances that he will be on their team beyond this season. I don't think a 5th round draft choice for a backup tackle that will be free agent next year is unreasonable compensation.

Makes sense to me.
He is a Houston guy.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What is this guy doing, going all out to get the least compensation he possibly can? Simmons for a 7th is a farce--just keep him because he is better than whoever is replacing him at the bottom of the roster. Trading Jones for next to nothing? Why not wait with him until later, when a team loses a tackle to injury so you can, I dunno, maximize the return? This after fluffling the Nuk situation. Sheesh.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
It's possible that some team outperforms expectations in the first month of the season and decides to trade a 3rd rounder for Budda.
I know they have Mathieu and Abram, but the Saints would be a team to do something like this...They'll probably get a typical good Derek Carr start to the season and go for it, only to have him come crashing down after week 10.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So for Dhop, Simmons and Jones we got a 5th pick. Can someone please explain to me how this makes us a better team. I am not impressed with MO performance.
They all needed to go, for different reasons...2 out of 3 were definitely poorly managed situations by Mo.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Sheesh all the draft picks including three from Houston now. This doesn't even include the 4th round comp pick they'll for Zach Allen I don't think.
This tells me we will get the players we want in the next draft. These picks are simply chips in the upcoming poker game.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't like this. I know Josh wasn't a quality starter, but he was a good backup player, and you need depth for when players get hurt. Beachum is almost done. I don't want to count on him being healthy and being a backup at OT.
THANK YOU!!!! You and I are backups on this team. Did you know that GC?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard