Josh Jones traded to the Houston Texans

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
What do Josh Jones and the Barbie movie have in common?

Overrated

Plus a 5th rounder isn't peanuts - it's Clayton Tune - or apparently some guy named Dobbs

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Full disclosure, I've always been one of the least enamored with J. Jones' performance for the Cardinals, so take this next comment with a grain of salt.

With as bad as he was at RT and RG, some might it's a miracle we got a 5th rounder for him.

I know he was doing okay or even well this preseason at LT, and he did okay there last year in the regular season, but I'll just say I'd love for the texans to give him 17 starts this year at RT, and if they do that I'd put the over/under on C.J. Stroud getting decapitated at about six games.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Live look in from PA’s house:

You must be registered for see images attach
I laugh at how many on this board have bitched and moaned about how this team has never been able to create a franchise that could create sustainable success. So, after decades, Bidwill finally goes outside the franchise to at least attempt to create a franchise that can do that, and we still have the same people on this board who just prefer to bitch and moan. I’ve waited 60 years for this to happen, so I won’t let the whiny ones on this board circumvent the process that’s in place.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Keim sucked at everything... except, for trades. Hard to know if Monti is going to have the same success at this rate...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I laugh at how many on this board have bitched and moaned about how this team has never been able to create a franchise that could create sustainable success. So, after decades, Bidwill finally goes outside the franchise to at least attempt to create a franchise that can do that, and we still have the same people on this board who just prefer to bitch and moan. I’ve waited 60 years for this to happen, so I won’t let the whiny ones on this board circumvent the process that’s in place.
LOL… keep whining about the whiners.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Full disclosure, I've always been one of the least enamored with J. Jones' performance for the Cardinals, so take this next comment with a grain of salt.

With as bad as he was at RT and RG, some might is it's a miracle we got a 5th rounder for him.

I know he was doing okay or even well this preseason at LT, and he did okay there last year in the regular season, but I'll just say I'd love for the texans to give him 17 starts this year at RT, and if they do that I'd put the over/under on Bryce young getting decapitated at about six games.
Jones has been fine. He's a decent NFL OT. I'd think by now, Cardinals fans would know a bad OT when they see one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice comeback lol
Thanks.

Would you rather I bring up the past where you continually showed off your infinite wisdom, bashing “whiners” for not championing your favorite of control drunk GM, who you repeatedly touted as the right man to drive the bus, despite the fact that he kept smashing it into walls over and over again over the course of the last 7 seasons?

Right now, we made the switch you never wanted to (THANK GOD) but I still have no idea if it’s going to work. And truthfully, the more that you believe in your bones that it will, based on your previous prognostication, the less likely it is to happen.

That said, I hope you’re right for the first time in forever. I couldn’t even watch the end of last season and that’s a really crappy place to be as a Cardinals fan who loves football more than any other sport combined.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks.

Would you rather I bring up the past where you continually showed off your infinite wisdom, bashing “whiners” for not championing your favorite of control drunk GM, who you repeatedly touted as the right man to drive the bus, despite the fact that he kept smashing it into walls over and over again over the course of the last 7 seasons?

Right now, we made the switch you never wanted to (THANK GOD) but I still have no idea if it’s going to work. And truthfully, the more that you believe in your bones that it will, based on your previous prognostication, the less likely it is to happen.

That said, I hope you’re right for the first time in forever. I couldn’t even watch the end of last season and that’s a really crappy place to be as a Cardinals fan who loves football more than any other sport combined.
Nice comeback lol. Considering I’ve followed this franchise longer than most on this board, I’ve probably been right more times than the number of years you’ve been alive. One thing is certain, I will always give a new GM, or new HC the benefit of the doubt until it’s obvious that change is necessary. Unlike others that just want to bitch, just for the sake of bitching. Old man Bidwill was ill equipped to be an NFL owner, so it never surprised me that he was horrendous. Michael, although nowhere near as bad as his Dad, was still a poor owner. But, you have to credit him to some extent for FINALLY going outside the franchise to hire a GM & let that GM (who spent his entire career with SUCCESSFUL organizations) to at least attempt to build a franchise capable of creating sustainable success. We ALL knew that this process might be a painful one early on, but after decades of bandaids, it was a necessary process. So, after one mere offseason, we have to listen to individuals who just day after day after day, just want to bitch, bitch, bitch, and moan, moan, moan because they apparently know more than said newly hired GM and HC. In a year or two, I may agree it’s time to move on. But, until then, they DESERVE a fair shot at rebuilding this mess of an organization.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

With as bad as he was at RT and RG, some might is it's a miracle we got a 5th rounder for him.

I know he was doing okay or even well this preseason at LT, and he did okay there last year in the regular season, but I'll just say I'd love for the texans to give him 17 starts this year at RT, and if they do that I'd put the over/under on Bryce young getting decapitated at about six games.

That would be difficult considering that Bryce Young plays for the Panthers not the Texans

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice comeback lol. Considering I’ve followed this franchise longer than most on this board, I’ve probably been right more times than the number of years you’ve been alive. One thing is certain, I will always give a new GM, or new HC the benefit of the doubt until it’s obvious that change is necessary. Unlike others that just want to bitch, just for the sake of bitching. Old man Bidwill was ill equipped to be an NFL owner, so it never surprised me that he was horrendous. Michael, although nowhere near as bad as his Dad, was still a poor owner. But, you have to credit him to some extent for FINALLY going outside the franchise to hire a GM & let that GM (who spent his entire career with SUCCESSFUL organizations) to at least attempt to build a franchise capable of creating sustainable success. We ALL knew that this process might be a painful one early on, but after decades of bandaids, it was a necessary process. So, after one mere offseason, we have to listen to individuals who just day after day after day, just want to bitch, bitch, bitch, and moan, moan, moan because they apparently know more than said newly hired GM and HC. In a year or two, I may agree it’s time to move on. But, until then, they DESERVE a fair shot at rebuilding this mess of an organization.
Cool.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Always smart to sell something at it's lowest value. Exactly what they taught Monti in business school I am sure.

Two problems with this.

Nobody is assigning value based on the last game played and most of Simmons games suck. His whole tape is him being awful in coverage interspersed with the odd highlight blitz or him being stood in the right place at the right time.

You think that there's going to be a game where Simmons plays really well and a team is them going to offer a 3rd? Despite 20x more tape showing he sucks?

Vance Joseph couldn't use him. A new defensive staff couldn't use him. Maybe he's just really bad and it was a terrible pick by Keim?

We were lucky to get anything back. If there was a pick lower than a 7th they probably would have taken that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Re Jones.

A 5th is exactly what he's worth.

A backup guy that isn't good at right tackle, couldn't break into the Cardinals O line and couldn't displace a LT that many league experts don't consider a top 15 guy at his position isn't worth more with only a year left on his contract.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not if he plays like he did this Preseason. Oh that's right you don't watch those.

Summary: He was awful!

Then move him back. You can't tell me that what we got out of him last year isn't better than Joe Crap the rag man, who will step in to his spot on the roster. And didn't we just pay him extra $$$?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Except we're not doing that...yet. Solid draft? We'll see, but at least we got good compensation for the future through trading back. The rest? We're not seeing a build yet. We're seeing a tear down, for sure--with Monti selling us short, in a lot of posters' eyes--but a tear down. We are not yet seeing a build up. You have faith he can execute the build. That's awesome, and I'm glad you can have that optimism. I'm not from Missouri, but Monti still needs to show me he's got the chops for this. I'm not enamored with him thus far.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except we're not doing that...yet. Solid draft? We'll see, but at least we got good compensation for the future through trading back. The rest? We're not seeing a build yet. We're seeing a tear down, for sure--with Monti selling us short, in a lot of posters' eyes--but a tear down. We are not yet seeing a build up. You have faith he can execute the build. That's awesome, and I'm glad you can have that optimism. I'm not from Missouri, but Monti still needs to show me he's got the chops for this. I'm not enamored with him thus far.
You’re entitled to bitch, bitch, bitch, and moan, moan, moan. Whether you want to see it or not, the PROCESS to build has begun. And he and JG have been very clear about what that process consists of. Building sustainable success is a process and has always been a process with those organizations that have perfected it. And guess what? They didn’t accomplish it in one offseason. NONE of them did. Because of poor ownership, no one really knows if MOJG will be given a long enough leash to make the necessary changes to take this franchise out of the Stone Age. But, they deserve credit, not condemnation as this process is but a few months old.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Understand

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monti still needs to show me he's got the chops for this. I'm not enamored with him thus far.
He really has some highs and lows

Now some head scratchers

I get trading these guys, but the compensation is questionable

We'll have to wait and see how this tear down and leaving the cupboards bare plan works out

Still strange that we aren't trying to build while we do this