Josh Jones traded to the Houston Texans

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This is a terrible choice. You are directly improving the team that you own their #1 pick.
Josh Jones is a replacement level player - unless he's taking over some someone significantly worse (not sure how that would be possible), it's unlikely that Jones will be worth 1 win or more than that.

Yes, he was probably in the top half of assets for us (like Simmons) but that's more an indictment of our team than anything. Or Monti is a New England mantra fanatic who will sacrifice talent for attitude. Either way, good times!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals are leaving no doubt it's a rebuild.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Honestly would have felt better if they just moved Simmons and Jones on draft day. Again you cant tell me they arent two of the better 53 on the roster now. Their value was likely higher draft day and we could have picked up a couple young players to develop NOW.

Its like the tampering with Gannon. Gotta be better with the timing Monti.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess this trade is fine, although I still think Jones can develop. Keeping a broken down Beachum over Jones doesn't help the team win games, but it's pretty obvious this team doesn't care a whole lot about winning games this year.

If I was Rondale, I wouldn't feel too comfortable right now. I could easily see him going next.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess this trade is fine, although I still think Jones can develop. Keeping a broken down Beachum over Jones doesn't help the team win games, but it's pretty obvious this team doesn't care a whole lot about winning games this year.

If I was Rondale, I wouldn't feel too comfortable right now. I could easily see him going next.
JAG. But one is 'tradeable' and one isn't. Now keep your eye on #66.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He was a backup for the Cardinals. He is going to be a backup for the Texans. He is a backup tackle.
The Texans right tackle Tytus Howard is going to be out for 2 months and based on Josh Jones 12 starts last year, Jones is better than Howard even when both are healthy. Josh Jones is going to have a starting job at the season opener and if he plays like he did last year he isn’t going to lose it either.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Simmons for a 7th round pick

Then Jones and that 7th round pick for a 5th round pick

And how much money did we save?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Texans right tackle Tytus Howard is going to be out for 2 months and based on Josh Jones 12 starts last year, Jones is better than Howard even when both are healthy. Josh Jones is going to have a starting job at the season opener and if he plays like he did last year he isn’t going to lose it either.
Howard is recovering from a broken hand suffered 2 weeks ago. He should be back within 2-4 weeks from now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently, the Cardinals felt they had plenty of depth at tackle.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Jones will be a free agent at the end of the year. Houston got a one year rental with no assurances that he will be on their team beyond this season. I don't think a 5th round draft choice for a backup tackle that will be free agent next year is unreasonable compensation.

Makes sense to me.