Jordan Schultz Article re: Bidwill/Keim/Kliff

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Possible. I'd have thought those 2 were good drinking buddies though.

Could be A-Dub. Because he's in line for the job, he probably think Keim sucks and he's a Card through and through and is tired of the mediocrity.
There’s a less than zero percent chance it’s AW. If it’s internal my guess is McDonagh. I think Schultz may have tipped off who it was by saying how surprised he was by who the source was, makes one think it’s someone really high up.

Could be Kliff or VJ too.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think Schultz may have tipped off who it was by saying how surprised he was by who the source was, makes one think it’s someone really high up.

Could be Kliff or VJ too.
doesnt sound like Kliff -- but it could be VJ

the commentary on "the wall" between coaches and GM -- i.e. the two not being on the same page-- might suggest VJ

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
doesnt sound like Kliff -- but it could be VJ

the commentary on "the wall" between coaches and GM -- i.e. the two not being on the same page-- might suggest VJ
Don’t underestimate how Keim and MB think of that building as their own little personal fiefdom. This leak coming from inside those walls if true is going to ruffle some feathers big time.

Remember how much they freaked out about Odegard being leaked the meeting details of their season ending meeting last year?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We’re liable to jump one of LAR(DET’s pick)/SEA(DEN’s pick) in the draft.

LAR-DEN play each other 2 weeks now.

Once DEN beats us, winner of LAR-DEN will help us big time.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is getting sad.

And if true - remind me again who picked Kyler aka the man singlehandedly tanking our franchise?

Steve keim, who should be fired, as I've said repeatedly.

Here's how this board goes.

Someone: This guy I know who works in the Cards canteen said they saw Steve Keim drinking out of a whisky flask during the draft. He was actually drunk drafting. That's why we drafted Zaven.

Me: That's obviously ridiculous.

Everyone: WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING STEVE KEIM!

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is starting to feel like Graves in 2012.

Keim, like Graves, seems untouchable due to his ties with the Bidwills, but you can only ignore so much losing and dysfunction. Especially after playing this poorly at home for so long. Once Brady embarrasses us at home on Christmas, I don't think there is any way Michael will be able to justify keeping Keim around to the fan base.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Unless i missed it, we can infer that the source is or was a Cardinals employee... but the exact reference in the article is to "an anonymous longtime personnel staffer" with no explicit statement that this person is "with the organization".

...dave
Who was the front office guy that got fired last year? Did he get a DWI as well? I can't remember.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard, who wouldn't have said **** if he had a mouth full as an employee, sure has a lot to peddle since he left.

Wonder why?
You're finding it hard to understand why an employee is more frank when no longer working for an organization?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I put this in the game thread last night, and i guess this is as good a place as any:

Kyler getting hurt sucks, but its also an opportunity.

Dak Prescott goes down for Dallas, and as a result -- drafted high enough to get Micah Parsons.
Joe Burrow goes down for Cincy, and as a result -- drafted high enough for Jamar Chase.

Kyler's injury has taken what was likely a top 10 pick and turned it into a top 5 selection. The record next year will suffer as well with a backup QB probably playing the first 8 weeks of the season.

its more than just picks though:

the Cardinals have all of 2023 to fix whatever ails them -- GM, HC, etc.

The goal being by the time Kyler is ready to play again at full throttle at the beginning of 2024:

A new coach has had the 2023 season to install his system and get the supporting cast up to speed.

A new FO has had time to reset the cap and set the stage for the 3 years post Kylers return.

Aside from new GM and HC -- what does this look like?

Hopkins gets traded this offseason. Watt is allowed to walk for a comp pick. Expensive but mediocre guys like James Conner are released. Etc. Etc. Etc.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve keim, who should be fired, as I've said repeatedly.

Here's how this board goes.

Someone: This guy I know who works in the Cards canteen said they saw Steve Keim drinking out of a whisky flask during the draft. He was actually drunk drafting. That's why we drafted Zaven.

Me: That's obviously ridiculous.

Everyone: WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING STEVE KEIM!
Yeah. That's how the board goes... rollseyes

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson