Jordan Hicks given permission by team to seek trade

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This seems pretty naive.

In what way?

There are people here arguing we don't need to cut Kennard as we don't need the money. It's even less so for Hicks after his adjusted deal.

I think this is Hicks choice and if he can't find a trade they are happy to keep him around for depth. Unless a situation arises where they do need the money.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In what way?

There are people here arguing we don't need to cut Kennard as we don't need the money. It's even less so for Hicks after his adjusted deal.

I think this is Hicks choice and if he can't find a trade they are happy to keep him around for depth. Unless a situation arises where they do need the money.

It’s naïve to think he would be happy and content even if he can’t find a suitor in a trade

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
nobody is trading for Hicks unless there is a training camp injury

this feels a little bit like Keim issued an edict to Vance: Collins will play (i.e. no Simmons part 2)

i think it also illustrates Keim's insecurity: he feels great pressure to get his 1st round pick on the field
Keim is from my neck of the woods here in PA, and I know some of his old buddies. If Keim could have strangled Joseph last year for not playing Simmons, he WOULD have. Bottom line, you don’t draft a player at 8, and sit him on the bench until midseason. Especially when your D is below average to begin with.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yea you guys are over thinking it. hicks is slow and sucked. He was a liability. Rookie MLBs routinely play and play very well in the NFL.

Shane, I'll give you he wasn't a world beater. But he is a vet, and understands the nuances of the position. I fully expected Zaven to outperform him by midseason and reduce him to a bystander, but WK 1 against Derrick Henry, and Tannehill on the road??? It's a scary spot for a star LB from Tulsa to be in. Overall to your point, I'm more concerned about the secondary's cohesion than anything else. This move isn't life or death in my opinion and your main asertion is duly noted bro.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shane, I'll give you he wasn't a world beater. But he is a vet, and understands the nuances of the position. I fully expected Zaven to outperform him by midseason and reduce him to a bystander, but WK 1 against Derrick Henry, and Tannehill on the road??? It's a scary spot for a star LB from Tulsa to be in. Overall to your point, I'm more concerned about the secondary's cohesion than anything else. This move isn't life or death in my opinion and your main asertion is duly noted bro.

I can't wait to see Collins tackling Henry week 1.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim is from my neck of the woods here in PA, and I know some of his old buddies. If Keim could have strangled Joseph last year for not playing Simmons, he WOULD have. Bottom line, you don’t draft a player at 8, and sit him on the bench until midseason. Especially when your D is below average to begin with.

Correct. Keim or ANY GM would have a right to be upset, especially given the way the Cards D played.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Father Time really caught up to Hicks last year. If other teams watch the tape there is no way anyone trades for him.

I'm guessing that Hicks isn't happy with the current situation and the Cardinals are giving him the opportunity to find out for himself.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He should have strangled the guy who’s decision it was to hire Joseph.

oh wait...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it would be nice to ease the new kid in a bit and have a leader like hicks to help but at the same time....This team clearly plans to play simmons and collins at ILB and not look back and I LOVE it. Especially after last year and the debacle in how simmons was transitioned in. These are two first round picks that can really turn our Defense around. I love it. Lets go!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, I like the idea of budda with the green dot. He needs to be on the field every play anyway and he is a clear leader

Morty

Veteran
Reaction score
He should have strangled the guy who’s decision it was to hire Joseph.

oh wait...
Hits me odd that he is telling Hicks to trade himself. Isn't that the GMs job? Will our GM start providing permission for draft picks to find a trade for the Cards to move back or up?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Vallejo is in his 5th year and was better than Hicks last year anyway.
You must’ve missed the word “seasoned.”

he’s started 1 game in four years. Has 60 tackles in four years. 2 sacks. 0 passes defensed. He’s not exactly a guy who can impart knowledge, keys, etc to two young guys (Simmons and Collins) based on experience.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yea you guys are over thinking it. hicks is slow and sucked. He was a liability. Rookie MLBs routinely play and play very well in the NFL.
They haven’t seen a lick of this kid in practice yet.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hits me odd that he is telling Hicks to trade himself. Isn't that the GMs job? Will our GM start providing permission for draft picks to find a trade for the Cards to move back or up?

this is the equivalent of puttings hicks on the trading block. Nothing more.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
people bitch about simmons barely getting playing time last year but now bitching that we are going to thrust these two into the defense. Cant win.
Horrible take. There’s a canyon of options between those two rims. And it’s quite grand.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horrible take. There’s a canyon of options between those two rims. And it’s quite grand.
You can choose to be super negative about it, I simply choose not to. We're all in with two top tier MLB draft picks and I'm pumped for it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
GET PUMPED OUCHIE!!!!
I’m excited for him. My favorite defense was the dansby/Washington combo. And I always salivated over the keuchly/Davis combo. This duo has that level of potential. But I also understand hedging. And planning based on knowledge verses hope. Starting a rookie isn’t crazy. But usually you make that determination during training camp once you’ve seen him capable of the responsibilities. Here it’s just hope as we will start two players with a grand total of 7 starts between them.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm not saying he's going to be delirious. But if they give him a chance to move on and he can't find one he can hardly hold it against the Org.

I mean, he shouldn't logically, but you can't really control a player's emotional response. There are lots of ways that players feel angry with this organization when they leave. Happens with Keim almost 100% of the time. It's a cold business.

Also, I like the idea of budda with the green dot. He needs to be on the field every play anyway and he is a clear leader

Budda was on the field basically 100% of the time last year. I definitely like the idea of him playing closer to the LOS since he sucks in space.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose