Jonah Williams Welcome To AZ

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Never bought PJJ staying on the right side.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Yup smoke screen for the draft but we have shown our hand now.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
That may help explain the sacks allowed numbers lol
Cohesion and familiarty have always been important for good OL play. Looks like MO subscribes to this view as well.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So losing DJ and getting Williams makes this a wash? Williams is fine but not an upgrade imo.
You do know that DJ is injured? It might be a wash if DJ were healthy, but unfortunately he's not. Also, haven't seen when he'll be able to play. Or am I just responding to a 'troll'?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think there's a real good chance we draft a tackle prospect at 27 and start him at LG next year. Let him battle it out with Williams in 2025.

I'd love a more plausible explanation for why Williams' market was so soft that doesn't have to do with him being exceptionally mid.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there's a real good chance we draft a tackle prospect at 27 and start him at LG next year. Let him battle it out with Williams in 2025.

I'd love a more plausible explanation for why Williams' market was so soft that doesn't have to do with him being exceptionally mid.
How do you know it was soft? I searched "Jonah Williams free agent rumors" and he was linked with the Cowboys, Steelers, Patriots, Ravens, Commanders and Giants before I stopped scrolling. The Cardinals were not mentioned.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Maybe teams wanting an OT are looking to this incredibly deep OT draft instead of paying the higher cost of a FA.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Instead of holding he just gives up the sack....

I'm usually glass half full in free agency but I am weary of the Bengals OL. I have heard that Zach Taylors scheme can make things difficult on the OL though.

He gave up 8 sacks last year. So 1 every two games. That will improve with Kyler.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Instead of holding he just gives up the sack....

I'm usually glass half full in free agency but I am weary of the Bengals OL. I have heard that Zach Taylors scheme can make things difficult on the OL though.
I think it’s also worth mentioning that Kyler has a hair more escapability than Burrow…

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Gave up a quick sack against us. (5:45)

Some real bad snaps on this little tape.
5:45 was the Dobbs pick 6.

Shortly after that was a sack from the left with this bunch formation.

You must be registered for see images attach

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5:45 was the Dobbs pick 6.

Shortly after that was a sack from the left with this bunch formation.

You must be registered for see images attach
Just watched the second of 3 sacks, LTs guy broke free to nearly sack Burrows and caused the pocket to collapse at 2:35 in the 1st. Williams ran into Burrows and should have been credited with the sack as a defender. This plah absolutely blew up all around.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched the second of 3 sacks, LTs guy broke free to nearly sack Burrows and caused the pocket to collapse at 2:35 in the 1st. Williams ran into Burrows and should have been credited with the sack.
3rd sack was at 11:32 of the 2nd and it was from up thr middle. Of the 3 sacks, Williams was not responsible for any of them aside from knocking Burrows down when the pocket collapsed.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think it’s also worth mentioning that Kyler has a hair more escapability than Burrow…
Not to go all @Chopper0080

Uhh you guys are forgetting the sacks that Burrow saves by reading the defense faster and getting rid of the football. And Burrow is very mobile. He's actually stronger than Kyler as well so he'll spin out of plays where Kyler might just take the loss of yards.

Say what you will about DJ, but he was use to Kyler's mobility and style. There is going to be an adjustment.

However, lets not start using Joe Burrow as a reason Williams just wasn't as good the Bengals hoped.