Joe Johnson is quietly stepping up his game.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This big run we have gone on in the last ten to eleven games has in some part been helped by the play of Joe Johnson. This guy was frustrating last year after the trade in that he would show flashes of being a good player, then nothing for several games. His inconsistency carried over to the start of this year. But about the last two months or so, he has been very consistent and has showed he can score and play some defense in this league. He is starting to show why he was a first round pick. I know Marbury, Marion, Amare, and Penny are getting the pub for getting this team to the playoffs, but Johnson is really starting to blossom. His play should make taking a guard in this year's draft unnecessary. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if we took two centers in the draft. I can only dream.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Yuma
Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if we took two centers in the draft. I can only dream.
You can but picking up two centers with one pick is probably too bold....

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Yuma. This thread will surely jinx Johnson tonight. :)

Joe Johnson has played well over the last few games, but his shooting is still quite inconsistent. On the season he's averaging just 38.4% shooting. In February that field goal percentage jumped all the way up to 44.7%. However it then dropped to 41.8% in March and 38.5% so far in April. I just wish he would take its strong to the basket more often. Usually good things happen when he does.

BTW, and three previous games against San Antonio show Johnson issued in just 23.8% from the field. Let's hope he can improve the shooting percentage tonight.

Joe Mama

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Re: Re: Joe Johnson is quietly stepping up his game.

Originally posted by hcsilla
You can but picking up two centers with one pick is probably too bold....
LMAO :D

sunsfn

Reaction score
After two teams in one year as a rookie, and then two different offences this year with the suns, this guy is really improving his game. He is playing very good defense and FJ has used him a number of times lately to cover players that are hot and slow them down.

Hopefully on the pick we get there will be a decent big man, but I doubt it.

By the way, does anyone know if there is a place on the internet where it shows all of the suns trades since they started?
(I thought there was)
I have looked at the suns site and others and can not find it.

Thanks,

:thumbup:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Originally posted by sunsfn
After two teams in one year as a rookie, and then two different offences this year with the suns, this guy is really improving his game. He is playing very good defense and FJ has used him a number of times lately to cover players that are hot and slow them down.

Not to mention he is only 20, same age as Stoudamire!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
I like the fact that he took two clutch shots in the lakers game.

Remember the time he passed the ball to Jacobson for a game winner.

His confidence level has skyrocketed.
He is also much more aggressive on both offense and defense.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
JJ rocks!

If he played the whole season like he has in the last 3 month he would be right in the running for 6th man of the year!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard