JJ Watt signs with AZ

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Why? Prez allowing GM to to tie up money's before he fires him end of next season. Sigh.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he can stay healthy it could be big, and yes he will instantly add some veteran leadership this young team needs! Tell me a player on our D who is or would be a better veteran leader?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm kind of meh on this. I have to see what Keim does after this. If you can bring back Reddick, then this front seven has some serious teeth.
Yeah but I think that just became an enormous “if” bordering on highly unlikely.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
A better defense does help Murray though.

True. I would’ve preferred weapons for Kyler. Believe me I’m not complaining. I believe Watt has plenty left in the tank and if he can stay healthy he’s going to help the defense a lot. The thought of CJ and Watt getting after the QB is pretty awesome!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CP3 for the Cardinals level effect

CP3 was a 3rd Team All-NBA player last year who pushed OKC to surprising heights. Watt was an okay DE on an atrocious D and team. Not seeing the similarities quite the same way you are.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CP3 was a 3rd Team All-NBA player last year who pushed OKC to surprising heights. Watt was an okay DE on an atrocious D and team. Not seeing the similarities quite the same way you are.

Culture, Accountability, Leadership and I believe the production will be there.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
there’s no way Reddick comes back, IMO. To give this amount of cash, in a cap strapped year across the league, to an aging and oft injured former superstar is mind boggling to me.

It's a gamble, but I'm cautiously optimistic at this point. I want to see what else transpires before I go to the darkside.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I do not care for the signing due to the money involved and his possible medical status, but he does assure a solid player if not good still when playing and he does offer much needed leadership on this defense... BTW, I do not have any interest in Reddick because he has shown through his tenure what he really is (that one game spike on his stats should make one think) and rather bring Golden back who along with Watt and Jones is an above average core in my opinion

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there’s no way Reddick comes back, IMO. To give this amount of cash, in a cap strapped year across the league, to an aging and oft injured former superstar is mind boggling to me.

I"m surprised but I'm hopeful they did their homework on his health. I'ts been 2 years since he was elite but that was largely due to health so I'm hoping we did our homework. I have to admit I still hope we keep Reddick

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As @Chopper0080 has demonstrated on a number of occasions, the Cardinals can carve out quite a bit of cap space this year. All of the good teams do this nearly every season.

The Cardinals can still resign Reddick and probably also bring in a starting caliber center as well. What sucks is that CB might end up being a bargain basement position...

If they can sign Reddick, I’ll live with bargain basement because that will be no different than last year’s secondary.

now, add Watt and CJ to last years D and we’re talking. But I’m gonna be shocked if we get Reddick back now.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
why would he come here aside from us paying way more than any other team. the other story lines were too good. pitt with his bros, home to GB

Reactions: PJ1