JJ Watt signs with AZ

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It just means that we will be using our draft capital on Murray, which fits better with his timeline anyway.

As @Chopper0080 has demonstrated on a number of occasions, the Cardinals can carve out quite a bit of cap space this year. All of the good teams do this nearly every season.

The Cardinals can still resign Reddick and probably also bring in a starting caliber center as well. What sucks is that CB might end up being a bargain basement position...

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of meh on this. I have to see what Keim does after this. If you can bring back Reddick, then this front seven has some serious teeth.

there’s no way Reddick comes back, IMO. To give this amount of cash, in a cap strapped year across the league, to an aging and oft injured former superstar is mind boggling to me.

The6

Veteran
Reaction score
Why? Prez allowing GM to to tie up money's before he fires him end of next season. Sigh.

nashman

Reaction score
If he can stay healthy it could be big, and yes he will instantly add some veteran leadership this young team needs! Tell me a player on our D who is or would be a better veteran leader?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm kind of meh on this. I have to see what Keim does after this. If you can bring back Reddick, then this front seven has some serious teeth.
Yeah but I think that just became an enormous “if” bordering on highly unlikely.

HGC

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
A better defense does help Murray though.

True. I would’ve preferred weapons for Kyler. Believe me I’m not complaining. I believe Watt has plenty left in the tank and if he can stay healthy he’s going to help the defense a lot. The thought of CJ and Watt getting after the QB is pretty awesome!

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
CP3 for the Cardinals level effect

CP3 was a 3rd Team All-NBA player last year who pushed OKC to surprising heights. Watt was an okay DE on an atrocious D and team. Not seeing the similarities quite the same way you are.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tally Cardinal