JJ Watt signs with AZ

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm pleased.

Watt is still graded as a top interior player at his position. And I'll let @kerouac9 talk about the FBO stats (because I don't have them).

My issues are health and cap flexibility.

I assume that Chandler is being extended and restructured now.
I also assume that Fitz is back cheaper.
I also assume that Reddick will be tagged or signed long term.

With Kyler's contract, 2 years is perfect. And a 10-16mm split makes sense to me personally.

What we can also assume is that we will be very young on the back end of the defense. CB is now a top draft priority and the offense will be what it already is.

A fierce pass rush makes up for a young back end. We just MUST get to the passer. A LOT

And, hey, we've got a DC who is a very good CB coach ...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3/4 defensive end, Zach Allen who showed something last season Jason Phillips on the other side , then fotu Lawrence and a cheap veteran signing like Peko, Blackson

Jordan :)

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
WTF? 2 years for 31 million?!

this is a terrible Emmitt Smith contract. Adios Reddick and most of our cap space.

I’ll go on record and say this is a bad move. Hope to eat ALL the crow on it.
I am also not a fan. I don’t like throwing a ton of money at a guy who is constantly injured.

Reactions: PJ1

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

so so much more to come??

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm pleased.

Watt is still graded as a top interior player at his position. And I'll let @kerouac9 talk about the FBO stats (because I don't have them).

My issues are health and cap flexibility.

I assume that Chandler is being extended and restructured now.
I also assume that Fitz is back cheaper.
I also assume that Reddick will be tagged or signed long term.

With Kyler's contract, 2 years is perfect. And a 10-16mm split makes sense to me personally.

What we can also assume is that we will be very young on the back end of the defense. CB is now a top draft priority and the offense will be what it already is.

A fierce pass rush makes up for a young back end. We just MUST get to the passer. A LOT

Why would you tag Reddick when there's no chance of him starting? Reddick is gonzo.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Uh, okay. Hope he’s got something left in the tank and stays healthy. Tremendous gamble. And of course it’s a “win now” gamble by keim . . . future be damned. He’s gotta save his own hide.
I’m not sure how I feel about this signing yet...