Jessica Jones (Netflix)

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I was up till like 3am last night binge watching. lol Made it to episode 10.

This show is freaking awesome. Love it. They better make more seasons. Very entertaining.

I think I'm over thinking stuff, everytime anyone says anything I'm like wait, what? What does that mean! Did I miss something? lol

Like when Luke gives Jessica a ride home on his bike, he says; "I wont infect you." I was like WHAT??? Infect her with what! What did I miss???

I asked my friend and she's like, um I think that was just an off the cuff comment. lol I should not watch stuff at 3am. :p

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I enjoyed it but the inconsistencies in Jessica's strength drove me crazy. One second she is ripping a metal door off of its hinges and the next she is having trouble beating up a couple of guys.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
:eek:

Go. See. Season. 1. Now.

Not an emo anti-hero. More like a super-bitch 'eff-the-world' 'I will screw your socks off' anti-hero.
well poo...then I better put some socks on and set up my netflix!!! Yeehaw...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well ****...then I better put some socks on and set up my netflix!!! Yeehaw...

I won't spoil it but the bad guy in season one is one of my favorite Marvel villains bar none. My biggest complaint about Marvel on the big or small screen is how weak the villains have been.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't spoil it but the bad guy in season one is one of my favorite Marvel villains bar none. My biggest complaint about Marvel on the big or small screen is how weak the villains have been.

He honestly might be as good as the Joker level villian.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
okay... got my netflix set up and I caught the first three episodes last night.

not a bad show... but damn, that broad has some serious issues.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
okay... got my netflix set up and I caught the first three episodes last night.

not a bad show... but damn, that broad has some serious issues.

Keep watching. Why she has the problems starts to become more clear. They build on that theme this season.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Keep watching. Why she has the problems starts to become more clear. They build on that theme this season.

I am gathering its because Kilgrave controlled her mind and made her kill people...Luke Cage's wife for one...
Chicks always have problems with dudes controlling them.

I had a girlfriend once that tripped out on me one day and started yelling at me, she says, "men are evil!! You shoot that delicious man juice up inside us and it lets you control our minds...it aint fair!!"

so, yeah...Jessica kinda reminds me of her, lol.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am gathering its because Kilgrave controlled her mind and made her kill people...Luke Cage's wife for one...
Chicks always have problems with dudes controlling them.

I had a girlfriend once that tripped out on me one day and started yelling at me, she says, "men are evil!! You shoot that delicious man juice up inside us and it lets you control our minds...it aint fair!!"

so, yeah...Jessica kinda reminds me of her, lol.

What I love about the show is let’s give powers to the most f’d up non-evil person we can and see what she does with it. Love the concept.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
What I love about the show is let’s give powers to the most f’d up no -evil person we can and see what she does with it. Love the concept.
yeah the concept is good. Similar to the show "The Gifted"... where a bunch of mutant kids are trying to survive in a post xmen world... lots of them have issues or dont know how to control their powers...stuff like that... but most of them just want to be like Luke Cage and disappear into society and try for a normal life...
I find that both funny and ironic.... how many people out their right now think they would love to be a mutant so they aint stuck in normal?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Wow. I watched the first couple episodes. This was my intro to the R-rated Marvel Universe. Pretty awesome. I have some catching up to do.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I finished season 1 last night... good show. I thought doctor who played a great villain in this one.
I like the way Luke Cage is being played...I was a fan as a kid...so I am gonna watch that show too.
Lots of character dynamics and surprisingly good writing for a tv superhero show

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finished season 1 last night... good show. I thought doctor who played a great villain in this one.
I like the way Luke Cage is being played...I was a fan as a kid...so I am gonna watch that show too.
Lots of character dynamics and surprisingly good writing for a tv superhero show

Check out Daredevil while you're at it. Iron Fist is pretty rough compared to those, but you'll probably want to watch it so you can eventually binge on The Defenders.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep, David Tennant was great. I echo the above. Daredevil is good, Punisher is good. I will be honest though. Luke Cage was a mixed bag of good and meh. Iron Fist is the worst of all of them. If you plan on watching Defenders though it will makes more sense if you watch the other series.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Iron Fist is nigh-on unwatchable. Luke Cage was magnificent for 1/2 to 2/3 of the season, then went way off the rails. Daredevil is good. Punisher is GREAT. The Defenders was good, but somewhat disappointing, and too short.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iron Fist is nigh-on unwatchable. Luke Cage was magnificent for 1/2 to 2/3 of the season, then went way off the rails. Daredevil is good. Punisher is GREAT. The Defenders was good, but somewhat disappointing, and too short.

Iron Fist worked better in Defenders verses his own series. I think mainly because he was just an ensemble character versing carrying his own show. Luke cage had pacing problems but at the end? They couldn't even decide who the bad guy was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard