Jessica Jones (Netflix)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jessica Jones (Netflix)

Krysten Ritter To Play Jessica Jones In Marvel’s Netflix Series

http://deadline.com/2014/12/krysten-ritter-cast-jessica-jones-marvel-1201309398/

Marvel is mum as usual, but I hear they have tapped Krysten Ritter for the lead in the company’s straight-to-series drama Jessica Jones. Ritter was one of five actresses who tested for the role. I hear it came down to her and Teresa Palmer, with both doing chemistry reads with The Following‘s Mike Colter, believed to be the choice for male lead Luke Cage.

Spearheaded by Melissa Rosenberg, the 13-episode drama — the second in a four-series Netflix-Marvel deal — centers on Jessica Jones, a superhero suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, which leads to her hanging up her costume and opening her own detective agency, where she ends up helping people and assisting other superheroes.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
David Tennant Enters the Marvel Cinematic Universe as The Purple Man

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...e-marvel-cinematic-universe-as-the-purple-man

Already an acting icon to genre fans for his portrayal as the tenth incarnation of “Doctor Who,” David Tennant has joined the cast of Marvel’ upcoming Netflix series, “A.K.A. Jessica Jones.” Although the official press release refers to his character only as Kilgrave, comic book fans will likely better know the character as the Purple Man, a super villain gifted with the ability to force anyone to obey his commands.

“An enigmatic figure from Jessica’s past,” reads the official character description for the series, “Kilgrave’s reappearance will send shockwaves through the former super hero’s world.”

The Purple Man, whose full name is Zebediah Kilgrave (Killgrave with two L’s in the comics), made his first appearance in “Daredevil” #4 back in 1964. A Yugoslavian spy, Kilgrave was accidentally exposed to a chemical that turned his skin purple but that gave him the ability to force his will on others.

“I’m so honored and excited by the prospect of David inhabiting this multifaceted character,” says Melissa Rosenberg, Executive Producer and Showrunner. “He can deliver the most heart-wrenching moment to the driest of lines, and all points in between. He’ll make Kilgrave a truly original villain.”

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rachael Taylor of 'Grey's Anatomy' to raise hell as Hellcat in 'Jessica Jones'

http://www.cnet.com/news/rachael-taylor-of-cast-in-netflix-series-jessica-jones/

Marvel revealed this week that actress Rachael Taylor will play Patricia "Trish" Walker, also known as Hellcat, in the upcoming "Jessica Jones" premiering on Netflix this year.

The character of Trish Walker is a radio talk show host and former child TV star. She also just so happens to be Jessica Jones' closest gal pal who helps her "embark on the most dangerous case of Jessica's career," according to Marvel.com.

Walker's comic book character dates back all the way back to 1944 with her first appearance in Miss America Magazine #2. In the comics, she had the superhero name of Hellcat in "The Avengers" #144 comic circa 1976.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matrix's Carrie Anne Moss Joins A.K.A Jessica Jones

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Matrix-Carrie-Anne-Moss-Joins-K-Jessica-Jones-69812.html

Today we've learned that the new Netflix show has added yet another big name to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as Carrie Anne Moss has officially signed on for a part.

This official news comes to us directly from Marvel - though details about the character that Moss will be playing are a bit slim at the moment. But while the announcement doesn't even give us a name, it at the very least it seems that she will be playing for the good guys. In the show the Matrix star will be a "a no-nonsense woman who could prove a powerful ally to Jessica...if Jessica doesn’t completely alienate her first."

And while we know next to nothing about her character, she is set to play an essential role in the story, with Marvel’s Head of Television Jeph Loeb saying in a statement, "Carrie-Anne has proven her ability to play complex characters with deep and layered inner lives. Her interaction with Jessica Jones will be one of the many highlights of the series."

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freaking awesome. Netflix isn't playing around!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
big Kristten Ritter fan and like the tone of what I'm seeing.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So anybody watch it? I just binged watched it. Definitely feels like DD in tone. What was interesting is they actually referenced the Avengers multiple times and the Alien attack. What is interesting is that it felt odd. Only because the two worlds feel very different. Having a character from DD connects the two shows and sets up for a crossover.

David Tennant was awesome as Killgrave. Not that I am surprised because he was my favorite Doctor Who since Tom Baker. I think he by far is my favorite villain to date out of all the Hero shows on TV.

Overall I like the show. Not as much as DD but I still like it. It's refreshing to have a grown up type hero show that is not watered down to be G rated.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I've been watching it, took me a while to get in to the first episode but once it got going it picked up steam fairly quickly. I am 6 episodes in and really enjoying it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Just finished binge watching it yesterday. I can't say much beyond OMFG THIS SHOW WAS BRILLIANT! Not the typical TV pap we get so often. Well thought out, a great study in gas lighting, an interesting exploration of rape and victim blaming...just wow! Great noir feel, great writing, great characters. It knocked it out of the park on so many levels. The only reason I'd put DD above it is Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin. I loved Tennant as Kilgrave, but VD was just plain nails as Kingpin.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished binge watching it yesterday. I can't say much beyond OMFG THIS SHOW WAS BRILLIANT! Not the typical TV pap we get so often. Well thought out, a great study in gas lighting, an interesting exploration of rape and victim blaming...just wow! Great noir feel, great writing, great characters. It knocked it out of the park on so many levels. The only reason I'd put DD above it is Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin. I loved Tennant as Kilgrave, but VD was just plain nails as Kingpin.

He did nail Kingpin but Kilgrave was freaking creepy. I mean psychologically creepy. To me probably the scariest villain since the Joker.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He did nail Kingpin but Kilgrave was freaking creepy. I mean psychologically creepy. To me probably the scariest villain since the Joker.

Mmm, I'm sticking with Kingpin for that very same reason. He made the character not just psychologically creepy--and he did that well--but made him human along the way. While Kilgrave was marvelous, he didn't bring the same pathos.

Realize this is like me saying, no, THIS top grade steak is better than this OTHER one :)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mmm, I'm sticking with Kingpin for that very same reason. He made the character not just psychologically creepy--and he did that well--but made him human along the way. While Kilgrave was marvelous, he didn't bring the same pathos.

Realize this is like me saying, no, THIS top grade steak is better than this OTHER one :)

Either way that is two shows that nailed the bad guy. Have to be happy about that.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Just finished today, great series. Netflix is doing great with the gritty, more grown up super hero shows. I can't wait for season 2 of Daredevil and look forward to their take on the Punisher.

I was sort of hoping for a Daredevil cameo at the end, even if was just a passing glance in the police station or something.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm 5 episodes in. Loving the show so far, just have a question.

Did I miss the reason that Kilgrave needs pictures of Jessica everyday? Or is that something we will find out down the road?

Is it just pure obsession with her or does he need them for some reason that I just forgot?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 5 episodes in. Loving the show so far, just have a question.

Did I miss the reason that Kilgrave needs pictures of Jessica everyday? Or is that something we will find out down the road?

Is it just pure obsession with her or does he need them for some reason that I just forgot?

Obsession.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Obsession.

no joke! I just finished episode 6, wow, lol Obsession is an understatement. That episode was freaking awesome, my favorite so far. I hope that is not the last we see of Luke, though you couldn't really blame him.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no joke! I just finished episode 6, wow, lol Obsession is an understatement. That episode was freaking awesome, my favorite so far. I hope that is not the last we see of Luke, though you couldn't really blame him.

It's a great show but man it was grim....it went places I didn't expect at all.