jefftheshark's second annual mock draft extravaganza

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it's that time of year again. Tax time, of course, but that's not what I'm talking about. No, the old calendar on the wall is saying it is time once again for the second annual "jefftheshark's annual mock draft" extravaganza.

As usual, I have spent grueling hours & hours pouring over mind-numbing stat after stat to bring you the fruit of my insight on how I believe the first 11 picks will unfold during this year's NFL draft. Please, though, no wagering - this was done, not for personal gain, but to share with the world what I personally would like to see on my HDTV a week from Friday night.

So with no further fanfare, I present:

Oops! Except the jefftheshark legal team insisted I place the following disclaimer:

Disclaimer MUST OPEN FIRST:

If pictures of girls in bikinis, etc is NSFW then you might consider waiting until you're home, or in the bathroom, to view the JTS mock draft :devil:

Number 1 - Kansas City Chiefs

The Chiefs have more issues than one draft pick can resolve. Going out on a limb. I say they trade down and get two picks. I'm sure they're looking at these two. At least they should be looking at them - because I know I've have - a lot. So far I have been unable to discover any reason they wouldn't work well in any position I, oops - I mean "they" can dream up.

Besides, what is more "Kansas City" than B-B-Q?

You must be registered for see images

Number Two - Jacksonville Jaguars

Jacksonville needs someone who knows how to tackle. A special someone who knows how to get low, use leverage and attack from a 4-point stance in order to stuff the run. Or stuff an American flag for that matter:

Number Three - Oakland Raiders

We got their old signal caller, now they get one of their own.

I leave it to you as to who got the better end of the deal.

You must be registered for see images attach

Number Four - Philadelphia Eagles

This team is a mystery. They seem to get the draft right, only to have it blow up in their faces. Year after year they think they're drafting Tarzan yet end up with someone else.

Number Five - Detroit Lions

It's cold in Detroit. I don't like the cold although penguins do. I know that penguins play in Pittsburgh but this is my mock draft so sue me if I go off track a bit.

But I digress. This year Detroit is going for someone already used to the cold. I mean, just look at the ready-made goose bumps on this year's number 5 selection.

Number Six - Cleveland Browns

All I know is that they need some excitement in the Dawg Pound and this pick might provide it. I'm thinking tight end.

Number Seven - Arizona Cardinals

When they talk about Guards and how they generate their power the discussion turns to "bubble" - "That's the butt, Bob" for those of you not as knowlegable on the subject as yours truly.

So here is a powerful bubble for you to ruminate upon.

Number Eight - Buffalo Bills

The Raiders messed everything up by taking a QB, so the Bills take a page from the old Cardinal playbook. When you don't have any idea who to select - take a wide receiver!

But at least they take a fast one:

Number Nine - NY Jets! Jets! Jets!

Chris Berman chants Jets! Jets! Jets! so many times the Commish gives New York 3 picks by mistake. The new GM almost tears a groin muscle rushing his pick(s) to the podium.

Number Ten - Tennessee Titans

Granted I get most of my knowlege about Tennessee from watching Justified on FX. That being said, I know you need speed when hauling butt across the field - especially to keep one step ahead of the Revenuers - so what better way to do this than to go old school.

It might take a minute or two to register, but that's the General Lee in the background :)

Number Eleven - San Diego Chargers

Last but not least, San Diego has a new offensive coordinator - I can't remember his name, but I know he's got a reputation for recognizing talent. Not a good reputation, but one nonetheless.

So this will not be his pick:

Well that's all for this year - the Swami is exhausted from all the researching for this year's selections, plus it will take a couple of hours to clean up the hard drive so that Mrs. Shark doesn't wonder why Mr. Shark is so damn interested in the draft. :D

Enjoy!

JTS

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bravo My Friend! Bravo!!!!!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I dunno Jeff.

There is talent at the top of this draft, but I think I am going to have to do my due diligence and bring these prospects in for a work out.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Finally a mock that I can agree with.

But I wouldn't mind if we traded down to aquire more picks.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I would trade back with SD and take their pick.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I appreciate al of the excellent work you put into this Jeff.....but I did notice,...you draft exactly like the Cards do...that is a nice looking prospect, but in no way is that a powerful bubble....I could see that one being driven back alot and just getting pounded all day long....

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I will need to conduct a lot of private workouts. Stay tuned.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I dunno Jeff.

There is talent at the top of this draft, but I think I am going to have to do my due diligence and bring these prospects in for a public work out.

FTFY.

Gotta give the fans a show :D

OP
OP
jefftheshark

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate al of the excellent work you put into this Jeff.....but I did notice,...you draft exactly like the Cards do...that is a nice looking prospect, but in no way is that a powerful bubble....I could see that one being driven back alot and just getting pounded all day long....

Sometimes I wonder if we're talking about football around here :), but your's is a very good point. I debated a lot about this pick, weighing size verses power. As you are very well aware, we went through the 1400 pounds of a$$ with Denny Green - and look how that worked out.

That being said, I would be happy if we went in this direction, although rumor has it this pick has undergone quite the transformation over the past several months.

I would trade back with SD and take their pick.

This. :D

JTS

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
JefftheShark is the most underrated awesome poster on this board. Huzzah for jeff's labor-intensive mock draft!

Also, if this is the scenario, I hope DO trade up with the Chiefs to get the #1 overall pick.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too funny.

I'm going to let this thread run it's course, but I think it has a good chance of being HOF'ed.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Too funny.

I'm going to let this thread run it's course, but I think it has a good chance of being HOF'ed.

????????

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard