Jazz @ Suns Thursday game thread 2-8-2024

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The Suns wrap up a two game home stand when the Jazz visit the Suns on Thursday.

Utah is 26-26. They beat the Thunder at home on Tuesday after beating the Bucks on Sunday.

Suns are now 30-21 with their win over Milwaukee.

Afterward, the Suns play at the Warriors on Saturday.

When: Thursday, 2-8-2024

Television: Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7:00 PM Arizona time

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
despite popular opinion we have a bench

despite popular opinion we have all we need

i like this team and would like to see it as is (for the most part) finish the season together

I'd like to spend resources on Grayson and Bol Bol

If there's a no brainer trade or acquisition sure - but seriously - I am anti-trade at this point and I'm the guy who said we should trade Ayton for a cheaper Center more suited to our needs - so I am all about the beyonce

We have undervalued underpaid talent sitting on our bench - but they've been sitting there so long they obvs look rusty af when they finally hit the court

Some have seen time - some have only mopped floors - but our entire bench has both seen time and mopped floors - due to injuries and Vogel's tinkering - everybody's had a shot and Vogel's predictable line up is producing

I think we have untapped resources

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are on the clock with the trade deadline 24 hours away. I don't see them wasting their exceptions and sitting still. We need one more rotation guy. Not sure we can get it done but this bench simply isn't very deep.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Suns are on the clock with the trade deadline 24 hours away. I don't see them wasting their exceptions and sitting still. We need one more rotation guy. Not sure we can get it done but this bench simply isn't very deep.
We've wasted exceptions before.

I'm expecting us to not do anything. Buyout market or bust.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ishbia doesn't strike me as a guy to waste them should their be an opportunity to use them. It's possible there isn't one which means you could be right. Buyout market or bust.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I have to imagine a move is coming. Considering it appears they are exploring trading for Miles Bridges (of all people) tells me that they know they need to do something.

Now will it be a move that does much of anything to move the needle? Not a great chance of that unless it is for Miles.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I have to imagine a move is coming. Considering it appears they are exploring trading for Miles Bridges (of all people) tells me that they know they need to do something.

Now will it be a move that does much of anything to move the needle? Not a great chance of that unless it is for Miles.

This is where I'm at. I think the Suns will fortify the PF position given the opportunity.

Their needs are more depth at center, PF and a backup point guard.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah, using the trade exemption to bring in a guy would add like 10-15 million to the tax bill and I don't really see who we're getting with a trade exemption that would be an obvious upgrade over our current top 8 or 9.

Ishbia is willing to spend, sure, but there are limits, which we've seen in letting Payne and Saric go in salary dumps.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
We shall see. At this point, I wouldn't be shocked by either outcome, stand pat or make a move or two.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Bradley Beal is listed as QUESTIONABLE.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Devin Booker is now listed as QUESTIONABLE.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The Suns still have their bench for tonight's game in Eubanks, Okogie, Gordon, and Bol Bol after the trades today, plus they keep Little.

The Suns also have two-way players, Azubuike, Saban Lee and Maledon.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Bradley Beal will be a gametime decision.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn