Jay Glazer Reports AZ Cardinals Shopping Leinart

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't doubt for a second that ML wants out, and I don't blame him. I think he got the royal shaft the last couple of weeks.

I'd been holding out hope that this would all pass and he'd still be our guy, but this is the last nail. I don't think Glazer would report that teams have been contacted if he didn't know that for certain.

I'm a little depressed right now; Anderson really, really sucks.

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
Man I can't believe some of the things people are saying in this thread. Here's a guy who's been given numerous chances and show's little or no progress after 5 years. So he hasn't thrown an interception and has a high pre-season completion percentage. Big deal! He hasn't thrown a pass longer then 15 yards and hung the best WR in the NFL out to dry because of his soft throws. He hasn't moved the team, refused to talk to the press and has moped and whinned all camp.

All this talk about how he's going to go on and become a star if we let him go and how the seasons over if we don't start him is nuts.

People have even rehashed Garrison Hurst and Thomas Jones as proof without even telling the truth about them. They each failed on more then 1 team in their careers.

After we traded Jones to Miami he did nothing. Nothing. He was worse for them then he was for us.And they chopped him faster then we did. On top of that it took him two more years more to produce for the Bears.

And Hurst? He was injury prone and again it's forgotten that after he was let go by the Big Red he went on to the Bengals and flopped there and was cut again.

There's no one, and I repeat no one who thought either of those guy would save their careers and that fact had as much to do with the teams they played on and the blocking in front of them then their skills.

In today's NFL, can you wait 4,5 or 6 years for a guy to blossom. Al Davis is a jerk but he's right about 1 thing: Win Baby.

If we're doomed with a rocket arm like Anderson, even if he's wild, what the heck would make anyone think we're going back to the play-offs with ML?

This coach and this GM put together teams that took us to the play-offs and the SB. I for one trust their motivation to be nothing more then to win again and to put us in the best position to do so it seems they think ML's not the guy. So be it.

If ML can't get his **** together I hope he goes to Seattle because we'll tear up their wideouts and him. As will every other team in the league.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Man I can't believe some of the things people are saying in this thread. Here's a guy who's been given numerous chances and show's little or no progress after 5 years. So he hasn't thrown an interception and has a high pre-season completion percentage. Big deal! He hasn't thrown a pass longer then 15 yards and hung the best WR in the NFL out to dry because of his soft throws. He hasn't moved the team, refused to talk to the press and has moped and whinned all camp.

All this talk about how he's going to go on and become a star if we let him go and how the seasons over if we don't start him is nuts.

People have even rehashed Garrison Hurst and Thomas Jones as proof without even telling the truth about them. They each failed on more then 1 team in their careers.

After we traded Jones to Miami he did nothing. Nothing. He was worse for them then he was for us.And they chopped him faster then we did. On top of that it took him two more years more to produce for the Bears.

And Hurst? He was injury prone and again it's forgotten that after he was let go by the Big Red he went on to the Bengals and flopped there and was cut again.

There's no one, and I repeat no one who thought either of those guy would save their careers and that fact had as much to do with the teams they played on and the blocking in front of them then their skills.

In today's NFL, can you wait 4,5 or 6 years for a guy to blossom. Al Davis is a jerk but he's right about 1 thing: Win Baby.

If we're doomed with a rocket arm like Anderson, even if he's wild, what the heck would make anyone think we're going back to the play-offs with ML?

This coach and this GM put together teams that took us to the play-offs and the SB. I for one trust their motivation to be nothing more then to win again and to put us in the best position it seems they think ML's not the guy. So be it.

If ML can't get his **** together I hope he goes to Seattle because we'll tear up their wideouts and him. As will every other team in the league.

Garrison Hearst :D

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

This coach and this GM put together teams that took us to the play-offs and the SB. I for one trust their motivation to be nothing more then to win again and to put us in the best position to do so it seems they think ML's not the guy. So be it.

Jones was traded to Tampa Bay....fyi

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
It was Tampa, and he did fine there. He had a 4.6 YPC average.

I'm glad to see the corrections. He did fine there? He had 600 yards on 140 carries and they shipped out after 1 year. If that's your interpretation of "doing fine" then I guess you made your point.

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
Jones was traded to Tampa Bay....fyi

This one and preceeding comments are reflective of the old saw about saying to Mary Lincoln "...aside from that how did you like the play..."

While I commited the grevious error of saying he was traded to Miami, instead of TB, I stand by the wishfull thinking of the nay-sayers about ML. The point remains that neither Jones nor Hearst left the Cards and immediately became stars. Others also failed to see their ultimate "potential". IF someone else can get ML to the level we all thought he might attain then god bless him and take your hat off to the guy. Should we hold on to him and pay him $12mil next year waiting for that to happen?

Last edited:

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There are rumblings that Tom Brady is unhappy in New England because he has not been offered a contract extension yet. If the Pats (who are notorious) for underpaying their players can't come to some deal with Brady by the end of the season the Cards should do everything in their power to bring him in.

Is that one ok Derm:)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

So what, they eventually went on to become stars.

If Leinart leaves the Cards will have ONE first round draft pick on the team from before 2007. That sucks. And so does the #1 pick from 2007 who will most likely be gone as soon as his contract is up.

PS I don't care about how many first round busts other teams have had. I don't care if they win any games or not.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm glad to see the corrections. He did fine there? He had 600 yards on 140 carries and they shipped out after 1 year. If that's your interpretation of "doing fine" then I guess you made your point.

They didn't ship him out. TJ was a FA and went to the highest bidder a bid the notoriously cheap Bucs wouldn't even come close to touching. A team by the way that did not like running the football in 2003 and the following year.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wasn't "shipped out," he had a one year contract with Tampa. He had a number of interested teams, IIRC.

And yes, given the limited carries he did "fine." You don't think 4.6 YPC is "fine?" (especially considering those numbers were 3.3, 3.4 and 3.7 in Arizona the seasons preceding)

Derm

slippery when wet
Reaction score
I do wonder of Kent Graham is still available. Sorry, but I just read too much "all is lost" in the posts. McNabb would have been interesting but at that time Matt was THE man and we were looking for a back-up.

I'm not a Matt hater nor am I of the belief that he's the next coming. If he does go I wish him the best for him personally. If he doesn't, then I hope he becomes the absolute finest QB ever.

Since I'm not part of the organization (although we all help pay for it), I can't do much about the decision that probably has already been made.

This is gut-check time to see who, if any, jumps off the bandwagon. We did have fun at SDS tailgating with 20k of our closest friends.

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
So what, they eventually went on to become stars. If Leinart leaves the Cards will have ONE first round draft pick on the team from before 2007. That sucks. And so does the #1 pick from 2007 who will most likely be gone as soon as his contract is up.

Is that the issue? That they became stars? How many guys have been cut in the NFL who were crap and remained crap? If a person becomes a star is there some intrinsic fault in those that watched him prior to that time for failing to recognize that potential?

Whiz will be an cornholio if he lets ML go and he has a good career thereafter?

I mean hell, first rounders fail all the time. Who can predict these things?

Show me where it was written, about those two guys, when they were let go by 5 teams total that they'd become "stars"?

And who cares if they don't have any #1 picks left. I don't care if the whole team is made up of UDFA's as long as they win.

What kind of credit do you get for keeping all your #1's?

Most of the best players in the history of this team, which I have followed for over 50 years, were not #1 picks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of the best players in the history of this team, which I have followed for over 50 years, were not #1 picks.

and you think it's just some kind of coincidence that we've sucked out loud for 95% of that time?

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
honestly this makes no sense. there has got to be a lot of things we don't know about. for whis to say up thru july Leinart is the man, and then this? when we have derek effing anderson as the next best plan? this is all too bizarre.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
and you think it's just some kind of coincidence that we've sucked out loud for 95% of that time?

Combine that with the fact that they were all for the most part top 10 picks.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I figure they're asking for at least a 1 and a 3. Let's face it, the guy is a proven winner at every level and so far this preseason he's clearly been the best QB in the league. 110% completion percentage and a 190 QB rating IIRC. Maybe a 1 and a 2 is too little?

Steve

LOL.

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
He wasn't "shipped out," he had a one year contract with Tampa. He had a number of interested teams, IIRC.

And yes, given the limited carries he did "fine." You don't think 4.6 YPC is "fine?" (especially considering those numbers were 3.3, 3.4 and 3.7 in Arizona the seasons preceding)

Man give it up. If he was so great why didn't they keep him? Didn't they know he was going to be a star or was it just the Big Red who made that mistake?

You think they said to themselves, hey he did fine for us but we don't want him any more?

The fact is he didn't produce for us and he didn't produce for them and the only reason Tampa wanted him was because it looked like Pittman was headed to prison and when he didn't, Jones was gone.

And then the Bears trade him AND a second round pick to the Jets FOR 1 second round pick. That's the way to deal with a "star" isn't it?

And oh by the way, the Bears traded that pick for three lower picks and took Dan Baziun, who they cut, Garrett Wolfe who gained 240 yards and caught 20 passes in 3 years, and Kevin Payne who they shipped to St.L.

Is that lesser or greater "short sightedness" then Whiz will show if he lets ML go?

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score

What the hell does that have to do with Whiz and THIS issue? He wasn't the coach then and the fact that a team keeps all their #1 picks is indicative of nothing in as much as the vast majority of number one picks never reach the levels predicted for them.