Jay Glazer Reports AZ Cardinals Shopping Leinart

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Cardinals | Shopping Matt Leinart
Comment (0)
Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:18:23 -0400

The Arizona Cardinals have been shopping QB Matt Leinart around the league trying to trade him, reports FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer. Several teams have confirmed that they have received calls from the Cardinals, but it is not clear what they are asking for in compensation.

Might as well start another one

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Cardinals | Isaiah Williams signed
Comment (0)

Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:51:28 -0400

The Arizona Cardinals have announced they have signed unrestricted free-agent WR Isaiah Williams (Steelers). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/6/nfl#ixzz0yEHLUl7R

Didnt see this anywhere either

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You beat me to do it. :)
Here's Glazers teeet:

Jay_Glazer Cards have been contacting teams today shopping qb matt leinart, according to several sources. Unclear what compensation they r looking for

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And if they dont get any offers...Leinart will be cut...Like I said...because no way he plays for the Cards now....See these media guys get paid to do this.....Leinart was never going to start after last week. And now may never play a regular season snap for us...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figure they're asking for at least a 1 and a 3. Let's face it, the guy is a proven winner at every level and so far this preseason he's clearly been the best QB in the league. 110% completion percentage and a 190 QB rating IIRC. Maybe a 1 and a 2 is too little?

Steve

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glazer has been fairly accurate in the past, he did the scoop on Edgerin James flying to Phoenix as a free agent signing. He has some good inside contacts.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh, too late Cards. Should have done this ages ago. Idiotic mismanagement if this is true.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
And if they dont get any offers...Leinart will be cut...Like I said...because no way he plays for the Cards now....See these media guys get paid to do this.....Leinart was never going to start after last week. And now may never play a regular season snap for us...

Leinart played a lot of regular season snaps for us.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh, too late Cards. Should have done this ages ago. Idiotic mismanagement if this is true.

Yeah, i'd have to agree with this take. :mad: IF it's not just a rumor.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Agreed but maybe Whiz had his hands tied....Management wanted 1 last look...I think Whiz threw Matt under the bus(Which is his prerogative) when he let Tennessee just blitz and blitz and did nothing to help Matt. I bet Whiz wanted McNabb or Bulger but the FO wanted Whiz to give Matt 1 last shot.

No one will trade anything for him because they know we will cut him.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I figure they're asking for at least a 1 and a 3. Let's face it, the guy is a proven winner at every level and so far this preseason he's clearly been the best QB in the league. 110% completion percentage and a 190 QB rating IIRC. Maybe a 1 and a 2 is too little?

Steve

I'm thinking more like a 7th. LOL.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I disagree. This was Leinart's doing if true. Mao hit the nail on the head with this -
He was never going to start after his tirades. Leinart wants out...

I told my wife when I heard that he turned around, approached the reporters and started talking about it, it was like he had finally said "F this. I'm out of here and I know exactly how to do it!"

The shame of it is that I really think that he (Leinart) would have been playing by the third game.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. This was Leinart's doing if true. Mao hit the nail on the head with this

I don't think so - I don't think Whis woke up a couple of weeks thinking Matt wasn't his guy. IMO, it's a big rolling ball of politics and BS and oil/water personalities & styles, combined with little communication. Toast should have been moved in the offseason when we could have got a 7th rounder for him.

Leinart just saw the writing on the wall and basically said "ef it, you don't want me then I'm totally out." :)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we could get a pick for the guy at this point I'd do backflips.

I also think it is a horrible move, riding and ..I mean OR dying with DA and two rookies. Frightening.

But if we get a pick for Toast at this point it would be a coup.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Matt told Whis play me or trade me is my guess. This could have been orchastrated since last season. Whis says great things about Matt and his hard work, he names him the guy. Matt works hard and other teams cans see he is committed so Whis gives him just enough playing time to look good and then trots out the not great chemistry with teammates and intangebles tripe and now we have trade rumors. ESPN tags along because they hate any thing West Coast that is successful like Matt Leinart. Can you say aaaggeeennndaaa. Matt is done here. This sucks. Our season is doomed. Might as well put Fitz on the IR now and stock a full bar. Oh no.....WE SUCK AGAAIN!!

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kent Somers on ESPn News...ANd this is EXACT...He said Anderson will start the opener...He would be SHOCKED if he didn't....And he thinks this was thought out for weeks and Whis has already made his decision.

I say if we can...keep Leinart...but does anyone here think he wants to stay?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The really sucky thing for me is if Matt plays great on Thursday it only
maybe helps his trade value, at this point I think we've passed the point
of no return. I don't think he's going to get Whiz to change his mind.

I doubt we get much of anything in return.

I just hope Whiz' confidence in Anderson is warranted, I love Max Hall but I sure don't want him having to play much this year except mopup duty.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If we could get a pick for the guy at this point I'd do backflips.

I also think it is a horrible move, riding and ..I mean OR dying with DA and two rookies. Frightening.

But if we get a pick for Toast at this point it would be a coup.

This is what we said about Thomas Jones, too. That worked out awesome for this franchise.

doctor

Registered
Reaction score
same thing with Garrison Hearst....big mistake coming....leinart would be starting by the 3rd or 4th game....Anderson is a TURNOVER MACHINE!!...I hope Larry is happy for not supporting Leinart. Andersons inaccuracy is going to get his ass layed out and hurt. As much as a stickler as Whiz is for turnovers ala Beanie...this baffles me...I think it has a little to do with being personal.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely. I am a huge fan of Whiz but this whole offseason has been a freaking disaster.The Cards made a huge mistake not going after McNabb if this is the case.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison