Jarvis Jones disappoints at Georgia Pro Day

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mingo > Jones

The only good thing about JOnes is his flexibility to bend around the corner.

He will end up in the NFL as the next Quentin Groves with his lack of size and speed.

No way. Mingo's own coaches have called him lazy. He might have more raw talent but that's it. Million dollar talent ten cent head

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
No way. Mingo's own coaches have called him lazy. He might have more raw talent but that's it. Million dollar talent ten cent head

do u have any proof or did you just make this up 20 mins ago

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
All of the pass-rushers in our area have flaws. The OL in our areas are mostly flaw-less. Although BA and his OL comments are making me nervous, hopefully a smokescreen.

I'll be nervous as hell as Goodell announces our pick. Just comes with being a Cards' fan I reckon.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mingo > Jones

The only good thing about JOnes is his flexibility to bend around the corner.

He will end up in the NFL as the next Quentin Groves with his lack of size and speed.

Groves was selected in the 2nd round by jaguars for his speed.he ran 4.53 at combine in 2008. About his lack of size...6'3'' 260 lb

Jones 6'2'' 3/8 242lb
Von miller 6'2'' 5/8 246 lb
Is von miller having problems pressuring qbs?

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Von Miller is a once-in-a-decade type talent... 30 sacks, 9 FF and 1st team all-pro by the age of 23. Not really fair to compare them.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If Demontre Moore was downgraded because of his workout then Jones should be as well.

I like him but there continues to be red flag after red flag with him. He's om the smaller side, he's been reportedly not a workout type of guy, he's had a bad pro day, he skipped the combine, and he has medical concerns. All this leads me to passing on him.

On the other hand, his on the field play was stellar. As for the Von Miller comparison, there really is no comparison. Miller has/had about the fatsest first step I have seen and he blew by guys before they knew it. I wonder what Jones's 10 yard split was?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Cornellius Carradine. Take Warmack/Cooper in round 1 and get a beast of a pass rusher in Carradine in round 2.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Terrell Suggs was in the 260's. Bad day for Jones who was already an undersized pass-rusher.

Teams like the Cardinals passed on Suggs because of his slow 40 time.

Would be beyond stupid to do it again.

However I'm on board with Womack. Womack and Massie and the Right side of our offensive line is set for 10 years.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams like the Cardinals passed on Suggs because of his slow 40 time.

Would be beyond stupid to do it again.

However I'm on board with Womack. Womack and Massie and the Right side of our offensive line is set for 10 years.

Suggs was bigger and stronger, had a better work ethic and didn't have the medical issues. However, I agree with you Warmack would be an excellent addition.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If Demontre Moore was downgraded because of his workout then Jones should be as well.

I like him but there continues to be red flag after red flag with him. He's om the smaller side, he's been reportedly not a workout type of guy, he's had a bad pro day, he skipped the combine, and he has medical concerns. All this leads me to passing on him.

On the other hand, his on the field play was stellar. As for the Von Miller comparison, there really is no comparison. Miller has/had about the fatsest first step I have seen and he blew by guys before they knew it. I wonder what Jones's 10 yard split was?

I agree with this. It seems there is issue after issue with Jones. It isn't just one thing which is what I find most concerning.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

This is why I like Bobbie Massie. Watch some film on him. He gets set in pass pro quicker than any Tackle I've ever seen in a Cardinals uniform. I really think we have a winner there. A 10 year Tackle unless the Cards pull their usual nonsense and let him go because he costs $5 dollars too much.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
FWIW, on Sportscenter Herm Edwards said the rookie he most wants to see play in the NFL is Jarvis Jones. This is despite the pro day results, Edwards said that coaches will look at the tape and realize that 28 sacks, 40+ TFL in that last 2 years will outweigh a slow 40 time. He referenced Terrell Suggs as a cautionary tale of placing a premium on 40 times. I don't think Jones will be there at #7. I am starting to believe that Warmack will be ARZ's pick at #7 unless they really love Dion Jordan or Barkevious Mingo.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really liked Jones and still do but not at #7 anymore. Too many concerns. I wouldnt even necessarily be bitter if he turned out great either. Cant blame a team for passing on a guy with this many concerns. Suggs and AP are different. They had one concern each.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
FWIW, on Sportscenter Herm Edwards said the rookie he most wants to see play in the NFL is Jarvis Jones. This is despite the pro day results, Edwards said that coaches will look at the tape and realize that 28 sacks, 40+ TFL in that last 2 years will outweigh a slow 40 time. He referenced Terrell Suggs as a cautionary tale of placing a premium on 40 times. I don't think Jones will be there at #7. I am starting to believe that Warmack will be ARZ's pick at #7 unless they really love Dion Jordan or Barkevious Mingo.

You lost me at Herm Edwards.

Health issues still make me nervous with him and his hips looks really bad at the pro-day. Maybe he's struggling with leg issues. I'd prefer Jordan or Mingo and his condition alone. Our goal picking in the top 10 is to have a guy that plays for you for a decade-plus. I think we have safer options with equal upside at their respective positions.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
do u have any proof or did you just make this up 20 mins ago

Why would I make that up. I have nothing against Mingo. jurecki was saying one of his conditioning coaches threw him under the bus. If you look at any scouting report on Mingo they all pretty much day the same thing he never lived up yo the talent during his college career. He gets off the ball as fast as anyone I have ever seen but he has developed 0 technique . make no mistake he's a freak talent but I think he needs to mature.

I think people are really starting to over think Jarvis Jones. Picking him apart I've heard about his slow 40 time , stiff hips, his work ethic( by all accounts he's a gym rat and heavy into film). Fact is he played in the SEC the toughest conference in football and he dominated more than anyone in recent memory of the conference. Last year he led the conference in tackles for loss and sacks and this year he led the country in tackles for loss, sacks and forced fumbles. The neck thing happened 3 years ago. I really doubt Jordan will be there I could see his old coach grabbing him if not I'd be more than happy with Dion Jordan( who is also coming off an injury)

Like someone said 28 sacks and over 40 tackles for loss in two years. That's just crazy.

Last edited:

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jarvis Jones is risky. I remember reading some people thinking Von Miller had "bust like" qualities to him. I would hate to think that about Jarvis Jones and he turns out to be amazing. I don't know what to think of the kid, he could turn out to be amazing or a total bust. The medical issue is also a concern, even though he was cleared.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard