It's Mc Nabb time.

Camshaft

Registered
Reaction score
Kolb is a scaredy-cat bust. Skelton is too irradic. Lindley is talented but needs a couple years to smooth out. Tarvis is horrible. He can't see the field. McCoy likes where he's at. That leaves Mc Nabb or one of the three Pittsburgh back-ups, Leffingwell, Batch, or Johnson. I doubt if it's Johnson because he's young, good, and cheap.

Myself I prefer Mc Nabb. If we have the cap, what is there to lose. We ain't goin' anywhere with Kolb or Skelton. Lindley is out of the question this year.

Forty-five of the fifty-one years I've been a fan, we've wallowed in pig slop. I would like to see some more Cardinal playoffs.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The guy who lost his job to Kevin Kolb... then to Rex Grossman... then to Christian Ponder... and is now reduced to filming himself throwing on the beach in a sad effort to impress teams because no one will return a call.

If he represents "nothing to lose" then we must be heading for a winless season.

I am sorry to be so snarky, but seriously, he is absolutely done. He has no arm left, he not only is slow to learn a playbook but was deliberately obstinate about it in Washington, he is injury prone. The guy made plays with his legs, his legs are not there anymore. What you're left with is a QB who is horrific in the pocket but can no longer escape the pocket.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
In reality it really takes three to four years to develop a QB and what stinks is that in this day and age we want it to happen by the second year. Some say Skelton is tough in the pocket, I think he is tough all around considering he is a late round pick who will get even less breaks than a number one pick. I have serious questions about him improving his accuracy but he does have everything else one could want and maybe as the game slows down from getting used to the NFL tempo, his inaccuracy caused by the game moving too fast will lessen and maybe that will be enough.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LMAO! Have you even watched him play? WOW! He was godawful in Minny and is DONE!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The guy who lost his job to Kevin Kolb... then to Rex Grossman... then to Christian Ponder... and is now reduced to filming himself throwing on the beach in a sad effort to impress teams because no one will return a call.

If he represents "nothing to lose" then we must be heading for a winless season.

I am sorry to be so snarky, but seriously, he is absolutely done. He has no arm left, he not only is slow to learn a playbook but was deliberately obstinate about it in Washington, he is injury prone. The guy made plays with his legs, his legs are not there anymore. What you're left with is a QB who is horrific in the pocket but can no longer escape the pocket.

Yup, it was all about his legs, that is why the dude was 20-of-25 passing, with 255 yards and four touchdowns against us one time with a broken leg LOL. He could throw in the pocket, but the key word is he once 'could', as we agree he has no arm left (Max Hall could out throw him now...okay, maybe not, but that is still not saying much).

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the plan is to draft Matt Barkley next year, then McNabb is the way to go.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Kolb is a scaredy-cat bust. Skelton is too irradic. Lindley is talented but needs a couple years to smooth out. Tarvis is horrible. He can't see the field. McCoy likes where he's at. That leaves Mc Nabb or one of the three Pittsburgh back-ups, Leffingwell, Batch, or Johnson. I doubt if it's Johnson because he's young, good, and cheap.

Myself I prefer Mc Nabb. If we have the cap, what is there to lose. We ain't goin' anywhere with Kolb or Skelton. Lindley is out of the question this year.

Forty-five of the fifty-one years I've been a fan, we've wallowed in pig slop. I would like to see some more Cardinal playoffs.

So you want a 46th year of wallowing in pig slop? Then McNabb is your answer.

There is a reason he's been employed for almost a calendar year. He's done, and the only people who think he can contribute are he, his family, and fans acting out of sheer desperation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LMAO! Have you even watched him play? WOW! He was godawful in Minny and is DONE!

To be honest, if you look at the games McNabb started last season, those losses were not his fault. The first 3 games the defense folded up after McNabb gave them leads, one of which was 20-0. Minny's season was in no way his fault. Their defense was one of the worst in the league.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd go to war with Skelton at QB and Lindley being the backup. If the Cardinals want to keep Kolb for a rainy day I have no problem with it. However, the future at QB is Skelton or Lindley. The Cardinals may take some lumps but I'd rather they find out what they have now.

ryanshaug

Registered
Reaction score
How about instead we just let Skelton have this season. He has worked for and deserves the opportunity to be this teams starter on many levels. He definitely has issues, but if it doesn't work out this year, we take a QB in the draft next year with a high pick and start fresh. Getting McNabb would do nothing for us.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
How about instead we just let Skelton have this season. He has worked for and deserves the opportunity to be this teams starter on many levels. He definitely has issues, but if it doesn't work out this year, we take a QB in the draft next year with a high pick and start fresh. Getting McNabb would do nothing for us.

I'm not sold on Skelton, but there's no reason why we shouldn't at least kick the tires and see if he's learned from his mistakes. Worst-case scenario, we are drafting early next season in a strong, top heavy QB draft. Bringing in any veteran QB off the streets, ESPECIALLY MCNABB, would not improve the team at all and would most likely cost us games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Skelton doesn't deserve anything. He needs to win the job.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Skelton doesn't deserve anything. He needs to win the job.

So what are we supposed to do if the preseason keep going they way it is? Just... not have a QB?

IMO, Skelton has won the job. He hasnt been great but he is the best QB on the roster, he has played far better than Kolb has. This competition hasnt been a competition.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
IMO, Skelton has won the job. He hasnt been great but he is the best QB on the roster, he has played far better than Kolb has. This competition hasnt been a competition.
Do you attend Cards practices and meeting everyday? Otherwise, you don't know what's going on, competition-wise. I agee that Skelton has looked better in the paid scrimmages but that doesn't mean everything. If the pre-season scrimmages meant everything then guys like Bartel, Rusty Smith, and Ryan Mallet would be starting for their respective teams.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you attend Cards practices and meeting everyday? Otherwise, you don't know what's going on, competition-wise. I agee that Skelton has looked better in the paid scrimmages but that doesn't mean everything. If the pre-season scrimmages meant everything then guys like Bartel, Rusty Smith, and Ryan Mallet would be starting for their respective teams.

Well, unless opposing defenses promise not to touch Kolb during real games then I dont think practices are going to tell the team much about Kolb's problems. And for all of the talk of their practice play it does not sound like Kolb is exactly blowing peoples doors off out there. Most practice reports sound like our defense is regularly getting the best of both QBs.

Oh, except for that one beauty 9 route...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson