It's all about the stud WR

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's no doubt that having better receivers helps a QB play better. That's common sense. A quarterback also can play at an elite level without elite WR's.

Nobody should be excusing Kyler's play but that pick 6 don't happen if AJ Green doesn't drop a bunny on the play before. Or Christian Kirk calls a fair catch at the 12 instead of letting the ball bounce to the goal line two plays before. That we have the worst WR corp in the NFL outside of DHop falls on Bluto not Kyler.
Would help to get a call in LA.
You must be registered for see images attach

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Actually, the horsecoller rule doesn't apply when the quarterback is still in the pocket.
Learned something new. I thought if you're outside the tackle box they call it.

They did against the 49ers his rookie year I believe. Maybe it wasnt as clear I guess.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gabriel Davis is 12 years younger and a lot faster
Yea if we can clearly say Josh Allen is better than Kyler today. Why cant we say Gabe Davis is better than AJ Green?

Josh Allen had a 92 passer rating and completed just 62% during the season with a healthy Diggs all season. No one would argue Kyler is better is now.

Who cares about Davis regular season stats.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Want the stud WR. However, cant forget about getting better at guard. Its from reddit so I didnt verify
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Now Im sure some of that is on him and as said he's got to get better there. This was far more alarming.
From the comment section.
Another thing to look at:

James Conner had the 2nd lowest yard before contact per attempt (1.59) among RBs with 100+ carries. That's lower than Chuba Hubbard (1.63), Najee Harris (1.74), and Rex Burkhead (1.86). Hope we sign and draft some Lineman

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really - Did Brady make his recievers look great on Sunday?

To me it looked like he couldn't overcome the loss of Brown and Godwin.
Huh? So because Brady didn’t means it doesn’t happen?!? Really!!?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Too many threads so I will put this here. Some a hole broke a window at work today so I had to have a vendor come out and board it up while waiting for a quote to replace the window. I had my cards mask on, he asked me how I became a Cards fan etc and we started talking. He's a big 49ers fan, his son in law apparently used to be on the 49er staff and now works at Stanford, I didn't ask the name. He said you guys are going to be good that guy Murray is special. So I said well I hope he is but he sure didn't finish well. He said well all I know is my son in law said lots of NFL people he knows like Murray, there was considerable unhappiness when it became clear the Cards were drafting Murray and trading Rosen, several NFL teams were hoping we'd take Bosa and or trade the pick because they wanted Murray.

I honestly don't remember that talk at all I was fairly surprised to hear teams were trying to move up to get Kyler from us? I remember thinking we might be the only team that him projected #1 overall because of Kliff but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

And again he may have been wrong never met the guy before in my life. And he was talking out of college not now.
I wonder how awesome Kyler would be running the Chiefs offense? Hmmm :)

I’ve been saying since the day Kliff was hired he is a mediocre HC at best. Imo he’s still the 4th best HC in the NFC West & Big Red will go nowhere as long as he’s running the show! I stick buy it

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sorry but Gabe Davis put up 549 yards in the regular season. Byron Pringle put up 568 yards. Trying to say that they are significantly better players than AJ Green and Christian Kirk is silly. Zach Ertz is limited but also way better than Dawson Knox. James Conner and Chase Edmonds are both better than KC and Buff RBs.

and to try and excuse Kyler's historically bad playoff game vs LA is funny.
Respect your opinion but I disagree with most.
Personally I’m not trying to make excuses for Kyler. He needs to step up big time.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, did I miss Brady coming back to tie the game?

Yep his 4 fumble recoveries, 3 in the 2nd half were huge.

Brady is the GOAT, and he played better than Kyler, but Brady had 2 turnovers himself, that game would have been a rout if not for 4 fumbles by the Rams. Kyler didn't get that benefit.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yep his 4 fumble recoveries, 3 in the 2nd half were huge.

Brady is the GOAT, and he played better than Kyler, but Brady had 2 turnovers himself, that game would have been a rout if not for 4 fumbles by the Rams. Kyler didn't get that benefit.
And he was facing far more pressure than KM when he made those mistakes. I missed the part where Brady held the ball too long in the end zone for a pick six. I DID see the part where he got strip-sacked and mauled. I also missed the part where he wilted away from contact and gave up and sat down. For the love of all that is holy, those two performances are nowhere near the same. If you want to shamelessly apologize for KMs performance, just say so.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And he was facing far more pressure than KM when he made those mistakes. I missed the part where Brady held the ball too long in the end zone for a pick six. I DID see the part where he got strip-sacked and mauled. I also missed the part where he wilted away from contact and gave up and sat down. For the love of all that is holy, those two performances are nowhere near the same. If you want to shamelessly apologize for KMs performance, just say so.

I literally said Brady is the GOAT and he played better but again, they would have been routed, by more than we were likely, if the Rams hadn't fumbled 4 times. That was the reason TB got back in the game. Akers fumbles at the 1 up 20-3 otherwise it's 27-3 at the half. So it would have been 34-6 when Kupp fumbled.

Brady is WAY better than Kyler and played better in that game but the reason the Bucs got back was not Brady it was the fumbles by the Rams.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Want the stud WR. However, cant forget about getting better at guard. Its from reddit so I didnt verify
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Now Im sure some of that is on him and as said he's got to get better there. This was far more alarming.
From the comment section.
No doubt we need olinemen.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, the horsecoller rule doesn't apply when the quarterback is still in the pocket.
He wasn't. It was discussed in another thread and you can tell where the pocket was. Kyler clearly was out of it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He wasn't. It was discussed in another thread and you can tell where the pocket was. Kyler clearly was out of it.
Yeah the “clearly” just isn’t true. The entire tackle box-to-horse collar takes place in the span of the letter “N” in the endzone. Kyler is moving, the contact first place within the tackle box and Kyler moves outside of it - barely - by the end of the tackle. And the ref is supposed to call that? Cmon man . . .

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the “clearly” just isn’t true. The entire tackle box-to-horse collar takes place in the span of the letter “N” in the endzone. Kyler is moving, the contact first place within the tackle box and Kyler moves outside of it - barely - by the end of the tackle. And the ref is supposed to call that? Cmon man . . .
Not to mention it is a split second play. Referees don’t get the benefit of pausing the game and looking at where Kyler is.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not barely, convincingly. So yes, the should call it. Am I completely upset that they didn't call it? No. Refs miss stuff all of the time and I don't think it would have changed the outcome one bit.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to mention it is a split second play. Referees don’t get the benefit of pausing the game and looking at where Kyler is.
I don't think the refs looked at it at all, even though the main referee was in a perfect spot to throw the flag.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not barely, convincingly. So yes, the should call it. Am I completely upset that they didn't call it? No. Refs miss stuff all of the time and I don't think it would have changed the outcome one bit.
Watch it in real time. Stop looking at stills in a fluid play. It wasn’t even a bad call much less “clearly” anything.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So convincingly that announcers didn’t even say a word about it and most Cardinals disagree with you.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So convincingly that announcers didn’t even say a word about it and most Cardinals disagree with you.
Announcers miss things all the time. Everyone was focused on the boneheaded play by Murray, instead of all aspects of the play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard