It’s time to quit babying Booker

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m still high in booker too and wouldn’t want to trade him due to my perception of his upside. But I don’t think league executives value upside as much as fans do. Sure they factor it in, but not to the extent to overweight bookers value in a trade for Beal at present.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker has not peaked. He is surrounded by a horrible roster. By default if he doesn’t feel like he has to carry the team he probably takes 5 less stupid shots. He probably makes the extra pass. He probably takes less risk.

To compare him to older guys in their prime with better talent around them and say that justifies trading him now is incredibly shortsighted.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I do also believe that struggling through last year and this one, having to play without a point guard, will make him a better player in the long run. Going back to catch and shoot from off the dribble shooting will make him much better and more efficient, but he will have had that experience.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get Booker healthy, pair him with a quality point or combo guard and watch him average 30, 5 and 5 with good efficiency. Hopefully that will be for Phoenix but if not we'll still get to cheer him on each year in the all star game for a decade or so.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Get Booker healthy, pair him with a quality point or combo guard and watch him average 30, 5 and 5 with good efficiency. Hopefully that will be for Phoenix but if not we'll still get to cheer him on each year in the all star game for a decade or so.
If he gives up 30 or more on the other end while doing so then it won’t matter.

The next step to his game has to be improving his defense which seemingly looks to have gotten worse each season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he gives up 30 or more on the other end while doing so then it won’t matter.

The next step to his game has to be improving his defense which seemingly looks to have gotten worse each season.

Yeah and if he gives up a thousand or more each game it will be even worse.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah and if he gives up a thousand or more each game it will be even worse.
Point being he can put up all the great stats he wants but if he continues to be the worst defensive player at his position then none of it matters. I don’t care about his individual stats being great while the team still sucks.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The hypothetical trade proposal that I mentioned was more so about getting Zion Williamson than even Bradley Beal. I think nearly everyone agrees that Zion probably has a higher ceiling than Booker.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Who knows that the truth is. Maybe he didn't get her pregnant ... and maybe he's paying her beyond imaginable to say so.

At best, that still leaves one victim.
Uh, why would you use the word “victim?” That’s an awfully loaded word.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Who knows that the truth is. Maybe he didn't get her pregnant ... and maybe he's paying her beyond imaginable to say so.

Why not change your screen name to BCJury? Sheesh.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

What do you mean victim? Last time I checked they were consenting adults!?!

Did I miss something?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
What do you mean victim? Last time I checked they were consenting adults!?!

Did I miss something?
Guys, I resent that the face of our franchise is bringing more negative publicity to the Suns. Haven't we had enough?

With leadership comes responsibility. Granted, the Suns were so hard up for leadership on the court, that it fell on the shoulders of a kid barely out of his teens.

And now they are also falling on the shoulders of another young player just out of his teens.

All of the times I've observed that the Suns are an unbalanced team (too many lead Point Guard, no lead Point Guards, etc.), lack of earned leadership is just another example.

DBook has brought the latest publicity, but but a very naive and non-existent management team is the cause. And will probably continue to be for a long time.

Hey, maybe the NBA could set term limits for ineffective Managing General Partners. :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Guys, I resent that the face of our franchise is bringing more negative publicity to the Suns. Haven't we had enough?

With leadership comes responsibility. Granted, the Suns were so hard up for leadership on the court, that it fell on the shoulders of a kid barely out of his teens.

And now they are also falling on the shoulders of another young player just out of his teens.

All of the times I've observed that the Suns are an unbalanced team (too many lead Point Guard, no lead Point Guards, etc.), lack of earned leadership is just another example.

DBook has brought the latest publicity, but but a very naive and non-existent management team is the cause. And will probably continue to be for a long time.

Hey, maybe the NBA could set term limits for ineffective Managing General Partners. :)
Dude, just say you used an inappropriate word. You can resent books choices all you want, but there is no victim here from the facts we possess. There’s not even any alleged victim.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Deflect much?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When talking about value; I think Booker as a marketing force is being really undervalued. In all seriousness, I suspect he has far more name recognition among fans, especially young fans, than guys like Beal and McCollum. I'm not saying he is better than those players, yet, (although I think it's marginal with Beal and that he's MUCH better than McCollum) but he has a serious following around the league. Just look at the all-star votes. Booker plays on a bad team with bad attendance and is getting more AS votes than Beal and McCollum combined.

Not saying popularity leads to wins, but it does make money. Booker needs to take the next step, or at least the Suns do, or he will fade away like other hyped up "next-stars" of before, but IMO he has a TON of value. I am 100% certain the Wizards would faint if the Suns offered him up for Beal, if the Suns offered him for McCollum their GMs head would explode.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

What does any of that have to do with calling a consenting adult a “victim” of Booker?

Victim implies something really bad like rape. I was asking what I missed!?

Booker might be a young bonehead but so are many athletes. Can you explain why she is a victim? I just assumed I had not read something somewhere.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why not change your screen name to BCJury? Sheesh.
I think Book has made himself the victim here. He has been trapped into a biological and financial connection for the rest of his life—not just 18 years. You don’t just disown your kids at 18.

Maybe the real “victim” is the kid that grows up without the benefit of a dad around. Hopefully he steps up and fills the role. It’s just really hard with two different women (neither of whom he is presently with) and two different kids. These are real kids who are going to have real lives. Honestly. I feel bad for everyone involved.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I think Book has made himself the victim here. He has been trapped into a biological and financial connection for the rest of his life—not just 18 years. You don’t just disown your kids at 18.

Maybe the real “victim” is the kid that grows up without the benefit of a dad around. Hopefully he steps up and fills the role. It’s just really hard with two different women (neither of whom he is presently with) and two different kids. These are real kids who are going to have real lives. Honestly. I feel bad for everyone involved.
At this point it is nothing but rumors though. Gotta wait for all the facts before just making assumption.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Did you miss the article above where it was revealed Booker is NOT the father of one of those kids? I don't know how you come to this conclusion unless you did miss it. I know that still leaves 1 potential pregnancy/kid, allegedly, but the one being revealed as a rumor casts doubts on the other story as well. It's almost a non-story to say Booker got 1 girl pregnant. The only reason it was being discussed as is had to do with there being multiple women pregnant with his kids at the same time.

Link...
https://www.sportsgossip.com/nba/devin-bookers-ex-girlfriend-denies-being-pregnant-by-him

Last edited: