It’s now or never.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
no way. They didn't ask as much of Wilson in his second year as we do Kyler, but he was a closer during winning time from the moment he stepped on the field. You could see when they needed to turn him loose, he could shine. I've yet to see the same consistently from Kyler.

Russ had 4 GW's (2 of which Russ was barely involved in ) his 2nd year.
Kyler has 3 so far

Russ was clutch for sure, but perception..

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
D played great....its a game of inches. 4th down and Zane did us in. Crap happens. We dont get blown out and we are in every game. Just gotta stop with stupid penalties and a complete game. This team is light years ahead of the crap we had before. Any given sunday....
Also Rams lost...Bears getting spanked...Bucs lost...now if the eagles get the chickens tomm...its even money bring on LA

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ had 4 GW's (2 of which Russ was barely involved in ) his 2nd year.
Kyler has 3 so far

Russ was clutch for sure, but perception..

Russ was also a beast as a rookie in two road games in the playoffs, winning his first and putting the Seahawks in a position to win with a drive to take the lead against the 1 seed Falcons the next week with 2 minutes left only to see the vaunted Seahawks D then crap the bed.

playoff performance as a rookie: 2 road games, 572 passing yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 63% completion. Also 127 yards rushing and 1 TD.

he wasn’t what he is now, but it didn’t take a rocket scientist to see he was going to be special. Trust me... I remember multiple people here telling me I was nuts and that he was strictly a caretaker QB and there was nothing very special about him.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Russ was also a beast as a rookie in two road games in the playoffs, winning his first and putting the Seahawks in a position to win with a drive to take the lead against the 1 seed Falcons the next week with 2 minutes left only to see the vaunted Seahawks D then crap the bed.

playoff performance as a rookie: 2 road games, 572 passing yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 63% completion. Also 127 yards rushing and 1 TD.

he wasn’t what he is now, but it didn’t take a rocket scientist to see he was going to be special. Trust me... I remember multiple people here telling me I was nuts and that he was strictly a caretaker QB and there was nothing very special about him.

Russ had a ridiculous running game and defense to ride, they asked very little from him. Kyler is IMO ask to do to much as in we look bad unless he is being special. KKs offense is too predictable and D coordinators are shutting things down. He still don’t know how to use our weapons properly, Hop and AI and Chase are constantly misused. I’m pretty much over coach bro at this point he still making same mistakes and doesn’t seem to learn playing for FGs and conservative play is absolutely killing this team!!!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Russ was impressive. It should be noted that 2nd game they got down 20 and the Falcons were in a prevent defense the rest of the game. He was amazing in the 4th no doubt.

Seahawks were near bottom of the league in passing yards his 1st two years. Russ was clutch, but he'd basically have 1 or 2 big drives a game during that time period.

If our defense wasnt WOAT in Kyler's rookie year he'd probably have matched Russ's 4 GW drives as a rookie (4). 49ers and Bucs games.

Seahawks fans/writers even noted that a lot of Russ those early years were scrambled around to someone is open.

Just rewatch those old games and look at the passes they were asking Russ to make.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
[QUOTE="cheesebeef, post: 4356231, member:
that was just a truly pathetic performance from everyone in the organization today.[/QUOTE]

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As Slanidrac said, in September we would have taken 6-5 so there’s that. GBR for what it’s worth. The Rams are not invincible!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don’t care how you are feeling right now. Truth is we are one game behind the Rams.

In September we’d have all taken this scenario. The Rams have owned us but the worm turns every now and then.

Usually by this time of the season we are looking at the draft. I know it hurts when we lose a game we should have one. But maybe it’s our turn to win a game nobody believes we will.

Let’s get stoked for next week instead of dragging our d***ks in the dirt!

Have to Slan. No choice but to put it past us. Question is, can the team do the same? We have been presented the opportunity to do something special two weeks in a row, and have fallen flat both times. Outside of a play here and there, I haven't seen enough from them to feel good about the possibility of them putting forth a complete effort to snatch a game. I trust the Rams to be angry about losing last week more than I trust my own team. That's pretty sad when you think about it.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to Slan. No choice but to put it past us. Question is, can the team do the same? We have been presented the opportunity to do something special two weeks in a row, and have fallen flat both times. Outside of a play here and there, I haven't seen enough from them to feel good about the possibility of them putting forth a complete effort to snatch a game. I trust the Rams to be angry about losing last week more than I trust my own team. That's pretty sad when you think about it.
You are correct. But Sunday could be our turn !

Reaction score
Russ had a ridiculous running game and defense to ride, they asked very little from him. Kyler is IMO ask to do to much as in we look bad unless he is being special. KKs offense is too predictable and D coordinators are shutting things down. He still don’t know how to use our weapons properly, Hop and AI and Chase are constantly misused. I’m pretty much over coach bro at this point he still making same mistakes and doesn’t seem to learn playing for FGs and conservative play is absolutely killing this team!!!

How can this be when we have a top ten scoring offense?

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/offense/scoring/2020/reg/all