It’s now or never.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t care how you are feeling right now. Truth is we are one game behind the Rams.

In September we’d have all taken this scenario. The Rams have owned us but the worm turns every now and then.

Usually by this time of the season we are looking at the draft. I know it hurts when we lose a game we should have one. But maybe it’s our turn to win a game nobody believes we will.

Let’s get stoked for next week instead of dragging our d***ks in the dirt!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I don’t care how you are feeling right now. Truth is we are one game behind the Rams.

In September we’d have all taken this scenario. The Rams have owned us but the worm turns every now and then.

Usually by this time of the season we are looking at the draft. I know it hurts when we lose a game we should have one. But maybe it’s our turn to win a game nobody believes we will.

The problem is this team has its ***** in the dirt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the 49ers can sweep the Rams why do we think we have absolutely no chance.

I know why. As Cardinal fans it’s in our DNA.

they have a coach who consistently gets the most of his guys. We don’t. That’s why.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

This was my state of thinking after Miami loss. Then Seahawks game and Patriots proved all I had to see. Cardinals will be lucky to lose by just 10 points against Rams.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the cards got a new head coach, I'd have more confidence.

Kingsbury is single handedly losing games though.
If you watched the Rams game today their fans are saying the same thing about McVay. Goes deep on 3rd and 5 with two minutes left. The 49ers March down the field chewing up the clock. McVay finally decides to start using his tome outs with about 40 seconds left. You know, to save time if the Rams get the ball back.
The 49ers kick the game winning fg as time expires.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you watched the Rams game today their fans are saying the same thing about McVay. Goes deep on 3rd and 5 with two minutes left. The 49ers March down the field chewing up the clock. McVay finally decides to start using his tome outs with about 40 seconds left. You know, to save time if the Rams get the ball back.
The 49ers kick the game winning fg as time expires.
This is simply not true. McVay used the timeout to get the booth to look at 4th down play of the 49ers that resulted in a first down. It does not matter since 9ers had two timeouts left.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Cardinals lose by 17 points, one can start to speculate if players are checked out on this coaching staff. This may look silly right now, luckily next game is only seven days away.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is simply not true. McVay used the timeout to get the booth to look at 4th down play of the 49ers that resulted in a first down. It does not matter since 9ers had two timeouts left.

When there was a 1:30 left on the clock he could have stopped the clock knowing his defense had to step up. Of course as it turned out the “ great” Rams defense allowed the 49ers to March down the field and failed to stop the 49ers on 4th and 2. JMO. Does MCVay blow because his defense couldn’t stop the 49ers? Or was it players not executing.
Bottom line is today is over. We are in a position many didn’t think we’d be in with a chance to firmly be in the hunt.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Cardinals lose by 17 points, one can start to speculate if players are checked out on this coaching staff. This may look silly right now, luckily next game is only seven days away.

And if we win by 17 are we going to the Super Bowl?

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We lose every damn big game. K1 without his running ability is a script we've already seen that does not end well against Rams.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the 49ers can sweep the Rams why do we think we have absolutely no chance.

I know why. As Cardinal fans it’s in our DNA.
It’s a matchup thing. Saleh/Shanny owns McVay. They’re 4-0 in their last 4 matchups for a reason. We actually match up decently against SF. We don’t at all against LA.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Nah, it's next season with this season being a tease from where this team had to build from. I thought they were an 8-8 team even when they were winning and still see that now but think winning nine is not out of the question... next season is the realistic schedule for them to be a playoff team which belongs

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And if we win by 17 are we going to the Super Bowl?
Good comeback [emoji192]. Doesn't it amplify the question whether players still believe if there is fourth consecutive loss and latest loss is by 17 points? Rather than super bowl thoughts after one 17 points win?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nah, it's next season with this season being a tease from where this team had to build from. I thought they were an 8-8 team even when they were winning and still see that now but think winning nine is not out of the question... next season is the realistic schedule for them to be a playoff team which belongs
Not if the coaching and players don’t improve dramatically.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Not if the coaching and players don’t improve dramatically.

It all boils down to Kliffy and Kyler. While I wish Kliff would be gone, he will be back next year... If he doesn’t develop his head-coaching capacity, AND, if Kyler doesn’t refine his throwing mechanics, his pre-snap reads and his ability to execute in the pocket, we will continue to be what we are... a team entirely dependent upon Kyler Murray making magical, drive-making plays with his legs... Which, more and more teams are learning how to contain - especially since they know how much he struggles when forced to remain in the pocket.