Islanders announce sale of minority stake of club (Yahoo Sports)

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The New York Islanders are selling a minority stake of the team, with a former Washington Capitals co-owner and a London-based investor to become full owners in two years. The hockey team said Tuesday a group led by former Capitals co-owner Jon Ledecky and investor Scott Malkin agreed to buy a ''substantial'' minority interest. Under the agreement, current owner Charles Wang will continue as majority stockholder for two years, the team said in a statement. ''We are pleased to have the opportunity to become partners in the New York Islanders with Charles, and to pursue our shared dream of winning a fifth Stanley Cup for the greatest fans in the NHL,'' Ledecky said in a statement.

More...

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Were the Islanders hurting for cash? I though they were a decent club? Why did they decide to sell the majority of the team?

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Were the Islanders hurting for cash? I though they were a decent club? Why did they decide to sell the majority of the team?

I had Islander season tickets from season 2 to season 11, I believe. Got to see all 4 Stanley cups. I pretty much stopped following the team after the last Cup year for various reasons. I think they've pretty much been the worst team in the NHL, or close to it, during that time. Wang was a disaster- poor hiring and a lack of money. This sale is a godsend to Islander fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard