Isaiah Simmons and the 5th year option

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Is Isaiah the most overrated player on this board by far?

It can’t be Kyler because he catches more slander than praise on here.

Pretty sure K9 & I are the only ones that critique Isaiah repeatedly.
Admittedly my disdain for Vance Joseph results in most defensive guys getting a pass. I agree that his play does not warrant the option being picked up.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Brit’s the only one I really see still give Rondale passes despite obvious durability issues.
That’s because we’re at the low ebb of the Rondale Moore Hype Cycle. Once the crocuses bloom, the stories about how involved Moore has been this off season and how motivated he is to show the NFL that he deserves a place will begin to come out.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
That’s because we’re at the low ebb of the Rondale Moore Hype Cycle. Once the crocuses bloom, the stories about how involved Moore has been this off season and how motivated he is to show the NFL that he deserves a place will begin to come out.
HES HAVING A BIG TRAINING CAMP!!!

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Admittedly my disdain for Vance Joseph results in most defensive guys getting a pass. I agree that his play does not warrant the option being picked up.

A disdain not shared by Payton, the head Coach this board was pining for, nor the dearly departed Mr. Allen.

What could they possibly know that you don't... :shrug:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess if you look at it from that standpoint, then yes, you shouldn’t buy the tickets. I guess I’m not sure why everyone is surprised the Cardinals are going scorched earth. Just remember that we went 4-13 with these players last year. I really don’t think Bidwill is intervening either. He’s hired MO to do exactly this. Rebuild this team from scratch no matter what short term pain is involved. It may work, and it may not. I can’t wait to see this board freak out when we trade down twice in the first round. If it means we will build a physical team instead of the finesse garbage we’ve had to watch since BA left, then I’ll take the short term pain. But, make no mistake, MO & Gannon will sink or swim with the system & players they want here. I don’t see them re-signing Simmons either. They simply don’t believe that an ILB is EVER worth the kind of money that it would take to keep him. No sense being angry about it. In 2-3 years they may end up heroes for taking this approach. Time will tell. The problem is older fans like myself are running out of time to ever see this team turn this mess around.
It was one thing during the Dave McGinnis era to go through all that and just keep ponying up. It was still very affordable for great seats and the ticket people made you feel appreciated. Now, it's a pretty serious chunk of money, like my mortgage and car payments for three months, and the the team throws off attitude like you owe them something even after a horrible season and 28 years of holding season tickets.

I am not surprised at rebuilding. Not even disappointed. But just throwing away YOUNG players who are going to go elsewhere and almost certainly do well? Not a fan. Been there, seen that and done that. Looks like SOS.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was one thing during the Dave McGinnis era to go through all that and just keep ponying up. It was still very affordable for great seats and the ticket people made you feel appreciated. Now, it's a pretty serious chunk of money, like my mortgage and car payments for three months, and the the team throws off attitude like you owe them something even after a horrible season and 28 years of holding season tickets.

I am not surprised at rebuilding. Not even disappointed. But just throwing away players who are going to go elsewhere and almost certainly do well? Not a fan. Been there, seen that and done that. Looks like SOS.
The reality is that you haven’t seen this before. I’ve been a fan for 60 years, and what we‘re doing this offseason has never been done before. We’ve always been a franchise that tried to put a bandaid over our problems and the best results we could see was mediocrity. Give Michael some credit here. He’s literally moved away from “The Cardinal Way” by actually hiring an outside GM, and has given the GM/HC the freedom to bring this franchise into the 21st century. If MO is successful with this process, it could have major ramifications moving forward. The new regime cannot worry themselves about what this franchise has been in the past. They can only move forward. So, as someone who’s only seen mostly crap, crap, crap, I at least welcome the chance that we may actually operate like a normal sports franchise moving forward.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reality is that you haven’t seen this before. I’ve been a fan for 60 years, and what we‘re doing this offseason has never been done before. We’ve always been a franchise that tried to put a bandaid over our problems and the best results we could see was mediocrity. Give Michael some credit here. He’s literally moved away from “The Cardinal Way” by actually hiring an outside GM, and has given the GM/HC the freedom to bring this franchise into the 21st century. If MO is successful with this process, it could have major ramifications moving forward. The new regime cannot worry themselves about what this franchise has been in the past. They can only move forward. So, as someone who’s only seen mostly crap, crap, crap, I at least welcome the chance that we may actually operate like a normal sports franchise moving forward.
Ok. But season tickets are not for watching management decisions and the philosophy of the franchise. It's a game.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I welcome it also. This new staff & Monti have a plan in place & it has to be better than the Keim era. All these moves, cuts, signings, signing no one's will make much more sense going forward I'm sure, especially after the draft. Piece by piece I'm really looking forward to seeing this team built. Hell, you can listen to Monti & tell he's way smarter than Keim & our coaching staff is young which tells me they wanna have young players that they can mold & fit into their system. I'm gonna be patient through this whole process & enjoy the draft, OTA's, mini camps etc etc.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
It looks to me like the current administration has little regard for Keim’s selections. I think they pass, but that’s a mistake.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose