is your xbone HDD full yet?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We purchased an external HD at Christmas. I picked up a 2 TB drive for $119 bucks on sale. It took 1 minute to connect and another couple minutes to format. Boom. Done.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
We purchased an external HD at Christmas. I picked up a 2 TB drive for $119 bucks on sale. It took 1 minute to connect and another couple minutes to format. Boom. Done.

I guess 2 TB for 90 isn't a terrible deal then. I'm weird about gift cards. They usually last a while because I have this expectation of wanting to buy something that I really want, only to realize there's nothing I really want.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess 2 TB for 90 isn't a terrible deal then. I'm weird about gift cards. They usually last a while because I have this expectation of wanting to buy something that I really want, only to realize there's nothing I really want.

Sounds like a great deal to me.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nice!

I bought 5TB for like $119. It is 14% full. now that 360 games i bought digitally over the years are porting over I should have room for everything. We shall see. This 4 free games a month takes up a lot of space :)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice!

I bought 5TB for like $119. It is 14% full. now that 360 games i bought digitally over the years are porting over I should have room for everything. We shall see. This 4 free games a month takes up a lot of space :)

It does but to be honest. Most of them I play for a bit and erase. There are a few I keep but for the most part I keep very few of them permanently. My space is taken up by the big games that to start with take a huge chunk. Then they release "patches" that weigh in over a gig.

There should be a rule. If your patch comes in over a gig...you can't use the word "patch".

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd buy a 5TB for $119 if I could find it. I have to delete games ATM. I am a bit like Covert where I delete games and never play them again though.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does but to be honest. Most of them I play for a bit and erase. There are a few I keep but for the most part I keep very few of them permanently. My space is taken up by the big games that to start with take a huge chunk. Then they release "patches" that weigh in over a gig.

There should be a rule. If your patch comes in over a gig...you can't use the word "patch".

i dont delete anything right but but I dont need to. There are plenty of games I may never touch but my kids might so I leave them there.

I'd buy a 5TB for $119 if I could find it. I have to delete games ATM. I am a bit like Covert where I delete games and never play them again though.

mine was $133

Amazon.com: Seagate Expansion 5TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEB5000100): Computers & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41LNunpQezL.@@AMEPARAM@@41LNunpQezL

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PS: everything loads much faster on an external than it does on the internal.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I'm still in the "I hardly play games on my xbox" mentality for buying a hard drive. I think thats the problem. I never finished Witcher 3, my sister got my fallout 4 and I have played it for like an hour, maybe 2.

What happened to my attention span over the years? I could play games for hours as a kid.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still in the "I hardly play games on my xbox" mentality for buying a hard drive. I think thats the problem. I never finished Witcher 3, my sister got my fallout 4 and I have played it for like an hour, maybe 2.

What happened to my attention span over the years? I could play games for hours as a kid.

it takes a good game for me these days but I still do it at times. I have not tried fallout but it could suck me in that way. not sure if I ever will as battlefront is taking up most of my gaming time.

Other than that I do find myself at times going to play games and nothing sucking me in and getting bored fast.

I havent tried witcher either, there are a few that might suck me in good but with my limited time I mostly avoid buying them.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me, it's a matter of keeping something around I know I won't play much. I have plenty of room now and don't see myself needing more. However, I usually download all the free stuff...play with it.....and if I don't go back to it...I just figure it's not worth keeping around taking up space.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was borrowing Rise of the Tomb Raider and finished it in a few weeks. And that's with a 6 week old baby.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was borrowing Rise of the Tomb Raider and finished it in a few weeks. And that's with a 6 week old baby.

Your kid must have mad skills to beat that game in a few weeks! Do you have a custom controller for those little hands?

;)

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to delete some old games off of ours over the holiday to load some new games my son got for Christmas. Looks like I'll be investing in a new External HD soon.