Is this a superbowl organization...Bidwill, Keim, Kingsbury, Murray?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ah, yeah, because in the Jim Tomsula years we were so nice to them.

As a Cardinals fan, I've been ripped on with "lol wtf is your team doing" comments pretty much up until the moment we got Hopkins.
Not sure what Jim Tomsula, a coach with a defensive lineman background, has to do with anything.

Just speak for yourself & not for others.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Keim isn’t the problem. Sure, he’s made some mistakes but who hasn’t?

the biggest question, by far, is Kingsbury. If BA was coaching this team, they’d be in much better shape to contend.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not sure what Jim Tomsula, a coach with a defensive lineman background, has to do with anything.

Just speak for yourself & not for others.
Don't overreact. Fanbases trash other teams all the time. I know you have some weird obsession with NFL success and experience being a bad thing, but also speak for yourself.

My point about Tomsula is he was clearly a WTF hire from the beginning, and Kingsbury is a WTF hire.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't overreact. Fanbases trash other teams all the time. I know you have some weird obsession with NFL success and experience being a bad thing, but also speak for yourself.

My point about Tomsula is he was clearly a WTF hire from the beginning, and Kingsbury is a WTF hire.
Am I speaking for someone else? I’m not? Okay, thank you.

We’ve been over this. You like dinosaur coaches, I don’t. Lets not rehash that again.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Am I speaking for someone else? I’m not? Okay, thank you.

We’ve been over this. You like dinosaur coaches, I don’t. Lets not rehash that again.
Dinosaurs? I like coaching candidates that have experience for the job. If Kingsbury spent three years killing it as an Offensive Coordinator in the NFL, sign me up.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dinosaurs? I like coaching candidates that have experience for the job. If Kingsbury spent three years killing it as an Offensive Coordinator in the NFL, sign me up.

I like it because it's a gamble, 1...2 years tops will probably tell if it's successful..

Did Sean McVay's tenure with the Skins as OC tell you he was going to coach a team to a SB in less than 2 years?

I'm guessing no....

I seem to remember most people laughing about the hire of Doogie Hauser for the Rams.

Maybe KK hits that level of success or better....Maybe not.

At least it was a fresh hire, not another "last option available" or retread.

I remember hoping to God we didn't land Andy Reid.... And I still have no regrets, unless you could guarantee me that he would have drafted Mahomes for the Cards.(Which I suppose was a possibility)
Because without him... Reid is still just a better than average coach without a SB.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am optimistic, actually, because right now I think the talent is good enough to mask poor coaching. I think over the next 1-3 years we will play in a playoff game or two.

It's just from the standpoint of a Super Bowl, I don't see the right decision makers in place. And when Kyler's mega deal appears in short order, I don't think Keim will know how to build the roster.
As Billy Joel once sang, "you may be wrong for all I know but you may be right"? Lol.

Hopefully SK keeps giving us the type of off season we just had?

Big guess right now but all we can do as fans is sit back & see how it all unfolds.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I like it because it's a gamble, 1...2 years tops will probably tell if it's successful..

Did Sean McVay's tenure with the Skins as OC tell you he was going to coach a team to a SB in less than 2 years?

I'm guessing no....

I seem to remember most people laughing about the hire of Doogie Hauser for the Rams.

Maybe KK hits that level of success or better....Maybe not.

At least it was a fresh hire, not another "last option available" or retread.

I remember hoping to God we didn't land Andy Reid.... And I still have no regrets, unless you could guarantee me that he would have drafted Mahomes for the Cards.(Which I suppose was a possibility)
Because without him... Reid is still just a better than average coach without a SB.
McVay had 8 years of NFL coaching experience under his belt, and in 2015 and 2016 had essentially two top ten offenses. He came to the Rams with three years of playcalling experience at the highest level. A Super Bowl in two years was unexpected, but he burst onto the scene with a 7-2 start in his first 9 games, going to the playoffs immediately.

By comparison, Kingsbury didn't have a win that wasn't nearly a loss (to bad teams even) until week 15 against the reeling Browns.

Comparing McVay to Kingsbury has little to no merit besides age. And even then, Kliff was 9 years older than McVay was when he became a head coach.

Edit: I also want to argue that it kinda was a lower-down-the-list choice. Mike McCarthy turned us down. Eric Bienemy turned us down. At that point the other options were all pretty poor.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
McVay had 8 years of NFL coaching experience under his belt, and in 2015 and 2016 had essentially two top ten offenses. He came to the Rams with three years of playcalling experience at the highest level. A Super Bowl in two years was unexpected, but he burst onto the scene with a 7-2 start in his first 9 games, going to the playoffs immediately.

By comparison, Kingsbury didn't have a win that wasn't nearly a loss (to bad teams even) until week 15 against the reeling Browns.

Comparing McVay to Kingsbury has little to no merit besides age. And even then, Kliff was 9 years older than McVay was when he became a head coach.

Edit: I also want to argue that it kinda was a lower-down-the-list choice. Mike McCarthy turned us down. Eric Bienemy turned us down. At that point the other options were all pretty poor.

I don't know about all that but I think Kingsbury could beat your proverbial football knowledge in a game of tic tac toe :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard