Is Murray a wuss?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love the guy but his toughness has to be in question…… dude falls down all the time before he gets hit and now it’s 3 weeks for a minor injury?
I don't know. Depends. Compared to normal peeps like you and I.... Probably not. :)

In all seriousness...if he's dealing with any ankle related and doing what he does out there, it's a tricky injury. He doesn't have a history of being a wuss so far in the league.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is borderline trolling. Trying to start a flame war?

The answer is NO. Never missed a game in his first two seasons. And, never in high school or college either.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I used to wonder the same thing but I don’t think he is. I do think his size and skill set make it likely he will miss time most seasons. That’s why I think you have to have the approach to drafting QBs the same way the Pats. Draft, stash and eventually trade for picks as long as Kyler is healthy, and have a backup plan if he’s not.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think it’s harsh to say “Wuss.” There are no wusses in the NFL.

I think he’s soft and doesn’t like to play when he’s not 100%. Next year when he’s getting paid $40 million, he’s going to be expected to play with some bumps and bruises.

When was the last time you saw a QB get held out FIVE WEEKS with a high ankle sprain. RBs and WRs? Often. Not QBs though.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
are you an idiot??

random questions, gotta love'em

a high ankle sprain is not a minor injury, especially for a guy who moves around. If it is not given ample time to heal it can nag a player for months. which of course would cause Kyler to randomly miss games all season long.

the tricky part is that there isnt a set time table...could be three weeks for one guy but take six weeks for the next guy.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is borderline trolling. Trying to start a flame war?

The answer is NO. Never missed a game in his first two seasons. And, never in high school or college either.
This makes it sound like injuries weren't a problem for him last year which is 100 percent false. We failed to make the playoffs mostly because of his injuries last year. This is 2 straight seasons where Kyler's fragility is costing us significantly.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This makes it sound like injuries weren't a problem for him last year which is 100 percent false. We failed to make the playoffs mostly because of his injuries last year. This is 2 straight seasons where Kyler's fragility is costing us significantly.
Playing with an injury could be the definition of "not a wuss".

That's the topic of this thread. As to whether it costs us significantly? Yet to be determined this year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Playing with an injury could be the definition of "not a wuss".

That's the topic of this thread. As to whether it costs us significantly? Yet to be determined this year.
I didn't say he was a wuss. I sure in the hell don't want my Franchise player missing a quarter of the season. do you? That's a significant loss in and of itself.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't say he was a wuss. I sure in the hell don't want my Franchise player missing a quarter of the season. do you? That's a significant loss in and of itself.
No I don't. I agree with you so what is the problem exactly?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You quoted and corrected me, so I replied. Now you agree. So...I guess I needed to point out the error of your ways first? lol
Nah. I was just pointing out you were not on the topic. No big deal. He should be playing. But he isn't a wuss. If what Harry's connect is giving out good info.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson