Irony of the penalties

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First play of the game 15 yard penalty. Third play of the game, penalty. I think this is a theme that will break our hearts.

I like Whiz's personality I really do, but something tells me he cant coach himself out of a wet paper bag and is hoping to ride talent and assistants.

The problem with penalties falls directly on the head coach. And he simply cannot address it. Other coaches sit problem players, whiz doesnt know to do that.

Penalties will cost us 3-4 games easy. We will be in the top 5 again in penalties.

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
1st Preseason game...Of course there will be dumb mental penalties.

Ride the talanet and his assistants? Sounds like your describing Dennis Green back when he was with the Vikings.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ride the talanet and his assistants? Sounds like your describing Dennis Green back when he was with the Vikings.

You must be registered for see images attach

Why didnt the saints come out of the gate with multiple penalties? WHy is it ok for us to make these mistakes?

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
Maybe you forgot their holding penalties or maybe something brown was stuck in your view?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That excuse would work if this team hadnt committed dumb mental penalties all last year...and the year before that as well. This is becoming a trend not a one preseason game aberration.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
I hope they replay the Dockett penaly in the film review about 100 times and remind him that he is not perfect and his contract is quite fair...

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Penalties Saints 6-52 Cards 8-70

They both had quite a few last night. I will wait and see and on this one.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Calias Cambells penalty was ridiculous!!!

oh, you did here Whiz say is tank is on empty in regards to penalties right?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It isn't the number it is the stupidity of some of the flags they bring out and the game circumstances. It is nice to see a slightly smaller number but when the first two keep a drive alive that ends in a TD, that is still a problem.

It is up to the players to play smart but the ultimate responsibility does still hang on the head Coach. If the team fails to win, he will get fired and if stupid, undisciplined penalties are the cause of some of those losses then it would behoove him to try and rectify that situation.

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe you forgot their holding penalties or maybe something brown was stuck in your view?

You do understand the difference between holding penalties (dumb) and facemask/unsportmanlike/false starts (extremely dumb).

Holding occurs every single play. The others do not. But we do them more often than anyone.

Whiz's tank is on empty with penalties. Well then I guess the problem is solved. :sarcasm:

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
oh, you did here Whiz say is tank is on empty in regards to penalties right?

Well, that certainly denotes that there are going to be some consequences. :rolleyes:

I'm glad that it only took one season where the Cards were the most penalized team in the league and then 8 penalties in the game to show Coach that things are unacceptable. One would think that the Cards focused on 2 things the entire camp:

1) Fixing stupid penalties
2) Fixing pass rush/coverage on third down

I like Coach Whis a lot, and really, really, really want him to be successful here. But as great as his playcalling has been, and for all the smart decisions that he's made, he's not immune from criticism. He's made a couple gambles this offseason that I think are on him:

1) Not bringing in competition for both kicking roles (Johnson was terrible as a punter)
2) Not being more aggressive (apparently) on policing penalties.

AZ Sports Native

It's a dry heat.
Reaction score
...but something tells me he cant coach himself out of a wet paper bag...
You sure you're on the right message board? I could swear this belongs in the D-backs board regarding Melvin. ;)

Way to early to come down this hard on Whiz in my opinion. He has only one full year of head coaching experience, so he gets more slack as far as I'm concerned.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn