Interesting radio reception last night

Herdman

Rookie
Reaction score
I couldn't pick up the game on the standard channels; but on 660 I was able to pick up enough of a signal to enjoy the broadcast. One thing that was more interesting though is that you could hear Calvisi, Wolfley, and the play by play guy that did not sound at all like Pasch talking amongst themselves during the commercials. You could still hear the commercial; but you got some interesting commentary and perspective when they thought they were off the air. Looking forward to better reception for game one.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
pasch wasn't doing the game last night. He does college football games so since it was thursday I assume he was somewhere doing games for espn2. Also they did say they were working on the reception for game 1

AZCardDieHard

Reaction score
Herdman said:
I couldn't pick up the game on the standard channels; but on 660 I was able to pick up enough of a signal to enjoy the broadcast. One thing that was more interesting though is that you could hear Calvisi, Wolfley, and the play by play guy that did not sound at all like Pasch talking amongst themselves during the commercials. You could still hear the commercial; but you got some interesting commentary and perspective when they thought they were off the air. Looking forward to better reception for game one.

You would of picked it up better if you would of tuned to the right station which was 620. They do some Suns games as well.

OP
OP
Herdman

Herdman

Rookie
Reaction score
620 on the dial was useless in the stadium

There was no reception whatsoever on 620. Why I was able to get a signal on 660 that i discovered by accident is a mystery; but I am glad I was able to get it versus nothing at all. Thought this post might help others for the next game if they do not get it corrected within the stadium.

Reaction score
Herdman said:
So anything interesting to tell us regarding the off the air comments?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SIRIUS threw me a curve last night. They advertise that they feature both home and away announcing crews for every game, but they only had either one or the other for all of last night's preseason games - including the Denver announcers for the Card-Bronco game.

Which drove me to go back to nfl.com so I could listen to Wolfley & Co.

Note - Another SIRIUS glitch - at least in my home - is that my only shot at the western or southern sky is from the skylight in our living room where I get a barely passable signal. Quirky thing is that, if anyone in the house moves around, the signal can be disrupted just like when people used rabbit ears (often with tin foil "flags") back in the day.