Inject positive Cards media into my veins

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
for a player with a finesse label coming into the NFL, Simmons has proven to be a physical player when he needs to be
I didn’t know he had that rep. He’s been fast and physical. Though it’s now the wrong the number, I’m glad I was right to want his authentic jersey for Xmas last year!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Simmons was everything we needed yesterday. An absolute specimen of size, speed, and power. THIS was star level stuff yesterday. He's an all-pro if he gets more splash plays.

Did anyone else notice the Peanut Tillman punch he threw yesterday on a Lance scramble? he got the ball out too just not enough for the fumble.

I LOVED the physicality he brought yesterday. If he figures out the right balance between Physical and Speed merchant....... He will be very special.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Simmons was everything we needed yesterday. An absolute specimen of size, speed, and power. THIS was star level stuff yesterday. He's an all-pro if he gets more splash plays.

Did anyone else notice the Peanut Tillman punch he threw yesterday on a Lance scramble? he got the ball out too just not enough for the fumble.

I LOVED the physicality he brought yesterday. If he figures out the right balance between Physical and Speed merchant....... He will be very special.
Despite Watt and Chandler elevating the average age of our defense ( :mrgreen: :thumbup: ), we have a very young team on the defensive and offensive side of the ball. This team is built for a multi-year run. We're young on both sides of the ball, but especially on D.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in real time, that is a really tough ask of the QB. When that RB comes open, Lance has already accelerated to try to get the TD himself
Definitely tough! It's fortunate that Lance is still so raw. A more experienced QB likely would've had an eye on the receiver while running, looking for that option to open up... or even would've pump faked to the receiver in order to slow down Simmons and give himself a bit more room to make the TD.

It seems Lance thought he had the speed and size to just power his way in, which he would have vs. most defenders!

...dave

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He still has so much to improve on too. Right now he's doing well on physical talent and a bit of knowledge. He's not even at 75% of his full potential.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simmons is a baller. I'm so glad Hicks is putting him in positions to succeed.
Lol
Hicks using the joy pad and basically moving budda baker simmons around cause they started to play football yesterday

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol
Hicks using the joy pad and basically moving budda baker simmons around cause they started pkay football yesterday
Yet again evidencing the fact that you don’t understand the mental aspect and responsibilities of Hick’s position.

Look I am NOT a Hicks fan. I can’t wait until Collins is ready to replace him. But we aren’t waiting on a physical maturity with Collins. We are waiting on his ability to read and diagnose offensive sets and be capable of calling out defenses. Each individual player doesn’t read the offense and decide where to be. That is literally part of Hicks’ job description.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yet again evidencing the fact that you don’t understand the mental aspect and responsibilities of Hick’s position.

Look I am NOT a Hicks fan. I can’t wait until Collins is ready to replace him. But we aren’t waiting on a physical maturity with Collins. We are waiting on his ability to read and diagnose offensive sets and be capable of calling out defenses. Each individual player doesn’t read the offense and decide where to be. That is literally part of Hicks’ job description.
Again u come with the mental aspect of a player being really bad athletically but having the knowledge to call the plays, giving assignments and making audible. But after the snap the guy is a liability
Its funny how those endorsement for hicks coming just recently...
Just to know, Tallejo is better

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He still has so much to improve on too. Right now he's doing well on physical talent and a bit of knowledge. He's not even at 75% of his full potential.
Agreed and I am not sure Vance is the type of coach who will get the most out of him. It is a bit like Troy Polamalu. Troy has admitted he wouldn't have been the NFL player he was if Dick LaBeau didn't let him play outside of scheme on defense. Vance likes his scheme and his structure a lot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Again u come with the mental aspect of a player being really bad athletically but having the knowledge to call the plays, giving assignments and making audible. But after the snap the guy is a liability
Its funny how those endorsement for hicks coming just recently...
Just to know, Tallejo is better
You’re right, let’s blow the integrity of the entire defense instead of work around a single player who has some physical deficiencies. Sheesh.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed and I am not sure Vance is the type of coach who will get the most out of him. It is a bit like Troy Polamalu. Troy has admitted he wouldn't have been the NFL player he was if Dick LaBeau didn't let him play outside of scheme on defense. Vance likes his scheme and his structure a lot.
To be fair, most coaches do. You need an outstandingly extraordinary player to convince even the most liberal coaches to allow freelancing.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’re right, let’s blow the integrity of the entire defense instead of work around a single player who has some physical deficiencies. Sheesh.
Actually he is playing 100% of the snaps , when he will play less we will know how the "integrity" of the defense will be affected

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Cardinals are 11th in allowing rush yards and 7th in yards per carry WITH Jordan Hicks's veteran knowledge playing 100% of the snaps. I get what you are saying but Hicks does hurt our defense by being athletically incapable of making a lot of plays that need to be made. I think you are buying into Vance's narrative a little too much here.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cardinals move up to #3 on the Herd Hierchy

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Actually he is playing 100% of the snaps , when he will play less we will know how the "integrity" of the defense will be affected
Not if Collins ready to make the calls when he earns more PT.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cardinals are 11th in allowing rush yards and 7th in yards per carry WITH Jordan Hicks's veteran knowledge playing 100% of the snaps. I get what you are saying but Hicks does hurt our defense by being athletically incapable of making a lot of plays that need to be made. I think you are buying into Vance's narrative a little too much here.
He does. But what hurts more is being in a poor defensive alignment for a given offensive play. Then it’s not just Hicks limited athleticism that hurts us it’s multiple players being a poor position to stop what’s coming. You know this. I’m surprised you think a rookie LB from a smaller school would be ready a few games into his rookie year to call a sophisticated defense.

Reaction score
He does. But what hurts more is being in a poor defensive alignment for a given offensive play. Then it’s not just Hicks limited athleticism that hurts us it’s multiple players being a poor position to stop what’s coming. You know this. I’m surprised you think a rookie LB from a smaller school would be ready a few games into his rookie year to call a sophisticated defense.
Agree completely. Hicks may give up a few yards here & there but a poor defensive alignment could give up the bigger plays. Our defense is playing pretty good right now. Once Collins is there mentally this defense should look even better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard