Inject positive Cards media into my veins

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
Rams, Jax, and Minnesota rank 1, 5, and T6 respectively in sacks allowed per game. I can promise you goal #1 for those offenses was to NOT let Chandler Jones beat them. I think the lack of pass rush negativity is being directed at the wrong guy is all. Nobody is taking advantage of the attention Jones is getting after the 5 sack performance in Week 1.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Rams, Jax, and Minnesota rank 1, 5, and T6 respectively in sacks allowed per game. I can promise you goal #1 for those offenses was to NOT let Chandler Jones beat them. I think the lack of pass rush negativity is being directed at the wrong guy is all. Nobody is taking advantage of the attention Jones is getting after the 5 sack performance in Week 1.
Well that’s 100% wrong. In virtually every game thread abd post game thread people have pointed that he’s not getting doubled. Did he have single assignments all games long? No. But I watched him a lot on defense (tough not to as an outside pass rusher when the camera is focused on the pocket and he just hasn’t been doubled that frequently. He’s not getting home. No one is.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just watching this again it was a bad play by Lance. First, putting himself at risk of real injury but mainly I think any other running QB like Allen or Lamar fakes lowering the shoulder to sucker the LB in then goes upright and either leaps or flips over the tackle.

It's not college anymore where he's bigger than the other guy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watching this again it was a bad play by Lance. First, putting himself at risk of real injury but mainly I think any other running QB like Allen or Lamar fakes lowering the shoulder to sucker the LB in then goes upright and either leaps or flips over the tackle.

Not only that, but the play worked perfectly to draw all the defenders toward Lance as he neared the line of scrimmage, allowing his receiver (the RB) to get open for an easy lob TD behind Simmons.

...dave

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not only that, but the play worked perfectly to draw all the defenders toward Lance as he neared the line of scrimmage, allowing his receiver (the RB) to get open for an easy lob TD behind Simmons.

...dave
Good point

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yeah that was a bad decision.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I really disagree. Simmons is a size/speed outlier. And even so, Lance has him in weight I believe. The move was to pull up and lob it over Simmons once he committed but easy in hindsight. People saying that Lance was wrong to lower his shoulder are undervaluing the amazing play Simmons had here. Handful of players can hang back that long in coverage and then bring that much force vs a larger player in that short of distance.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really disagree. Simmons is a size/speed outlier. And even so, Lance has him in weight I believe. The move was to pull up and lob it over Simmons once he committed but easy in hindsight. People saying that Lance was wrong to lower his shoulder are undervaluing the amazing play Simmons had here. Handful of players can hang back that long in coverage and then bring that much force vs a larger player in that short of distance.

It was an amazing play by Simmons. I just think it was poor from Lance and that any other running QB such as Allen or Lamar either jumps Simmons or keeps their body weight higher and just flips into the EZ.

(Simmons has about 13lbs on Lance)

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

...dave
in real time, that is a really tough ask of the QB. When that RB comes open, Lance has already accelerated to try to get the TD himself

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
for a player with a finesse label coming into the NFL, Simmons has proven to be a physical player when he needs to be

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed. Lance is a big dude. I thought no one was in position to make that stop. Simmons is such a freak that he made a play that only a special group of players in the history of the nfl are capable of making.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It was an amazing play by Simmons. I just think it was poor from Lance and that any other running QB such as Allen or Lamar either jumps Simmons or keeps their body weight higher and just flips into the EZ.

(Simmons has about 13lbs on Lance)
I don’t think either of those guys would’ve been that savvy in their first start. You have to learn first. Typically the hard way.