Inevitable

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To everyone crying and whining, OP perhaps most of all, you do realize that 25 teams minimum would prefer to be in our spot than theirs?

Please work on having just a modicum of humility and self-awareness.

lol... weren’t you the one clowning Bruce Arians weeks ago and crowing about how perennial loser Coach Dingsbury was so much better than him? Talk about pot calling the kettle black.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lose best player on defense.
Win three more games than previous year.
Add 135 point differential improvement.

=

failure?

only to the least discerning of fans I suppose
Only the most simple analysis fails to adjust as facts change. At 6-3 the expectations for this team justly changed. And then abject failure the second half of the season is . . . well . . . failure.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
16 games is a small sample in any event, but it’s considerably better than 6 games from which to draw meaningful conclusions. Of course insipid fans call for heads and crown folks after one play, so I understand the confusion.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We just lost to a team that has the most injuries in the NFL including their top 2 QBs and their pro bowl pass rusher. 5th easiest schedule in the NFL this season and a 6-3 start.

dumb? What world do you live in? This isn’t a video game where you can just do whatever because the defense is on rookie. Before that idiotic call our defense gave up 14 points. 14!!!! Don’t act like they put up 40 in a shootout. Doesn’t negate the fact that we only scored 12 against a team that gave up 41 the week before to Dallas, who was missing 3 players from their secondary and a whole bunch of other defensive players.

they were getting like 7ypp but go off king on how good our defense was playing lmao

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
16 games is a small sample in any event, but it’s considerably better than 6 games from which to draw meaningful conclusions. Of course insipid fans call for heads and crown folks after one play, so I understand the confusion.

Meanwhile, fans in denial choose to live in the past, ignoring downward trends and utter failure down the stretch.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
it was actually very clear: we couldn’t stop their run game. Kliff knew it. Anyone watching the game knew it. Also, we had been quite good at converting 4th down all game (and getting short throws as well in other spots/having Kyler run around their edge). Warner made a good play and they were lucky he was in a position to do so. It happens.

It was a very good decision by Kliff to go for it there given all available information.

your analysis is the team is never wrong and the oppositions success is due to luck. We were outcoached all day. It’s okay to admit it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
To everyone crying and whining, OP perhaps most of all, you do realize that 25 teams minimum would prefer to be in our spot than theirs?

with your brief posting history here this may be one of the single most ironic posts I’ve ever read in ASFN.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

with your brief posting history here this may be one of the single most ironic posts I’ve ever read in ASFN.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
your analysis is the team is never wrong and the oppositions success is due to luck. We were outcoached all day. It’s okay to admit it.

If you haven’t figured out by now, that poster is bizarro 1Sun, always seeing the brightest of light no matter the reality as opposed to the darkest of clouds by the same token.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I specifically said the Niners had a great game plan and executed well. Shanahan is one of the few coaches better than Kliff. But Kliff beat him when 49ers were at full strength.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If you haven’t figured out by now, that poster is bizarro 1Sun, always seeing the brightest of light no matter the reality as opposed to the darkest of clouds by the same token.

I was the only (?) poster claiming our WR was trash and Fitz and Kirk were below average #3/#2 WRs and it wasn’t even close pre-season. So, that doesn’t sound like unmitigated homerism now does it?

1sun thinks CP3 trade was awful. He’s just not very bright.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I actually called kk out in game thread on this. You can’t consistently go for it repeatedly on 4th on your end of the field and not expect to get burned. There’s a reason what we saw yesterday from kk is an anomaly in the league. The risk/reward isn’t in your favor if you keep tempting fate.
I told my GF when KK decided to go for that 4th & 2 "this is the time it doesn't work" I could just feel it.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It’s actually the opposite.

the priors were: they couldn’t stop it

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I specifically said the Niners had a great game plan and executed well. Shanahan is one of the few coaches better than Kliff. But Kliff beat him when 49ers were at full strength.

lol... Shanahan is one of the FEW coaches better than KK? This is as laughable as people saying Keim is one of the best GMs in the league.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Only the most simple analysis fails to adjust as facts change. At 6-3 the expectations for this team justly changed. And then abject failure the second half of the season is . . . well . . . failure.
ok it all makes sense now. After a 6-3 start you thought this team had "arrived" and would be a perennial playoff team for the foreseeable future.

Its not our fault you chugged the kool-aid and are now upset with the reality of: this is a borderline playoff team progressing well under this regime.

case closed, thats it :) I hope they arrive too! I just didnt buy it at 6-3 with obvious flaws this team had to work on.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m fine with disagreement, it wouldn’t be much of a board if we all agreed. I’m just posting this to indicate I believe you have mischaracterized my position on Murray. I particularly object to your implying I have been vindictive towards him. In previous posts I have stated he is a great athlete. In this post I said he was the best running QB I’ve seen and that covers more than 50 years.

My criticism is based on a few of points, none of which is personal. Do you see Murray displaying motivational leadership skills? Please post those examples’s. Are his mechanics consistent? Here’s some that aren’t. He didn’t set up on the 2 point conversion. He threw the critical interception off his back foot. In fact, he threw multiple passes that way and does every game. He often doesn’t step into his throws. He rarely leads receivers. In this game and others his deep throws were more lobs than tight arcs. This helped the defenders and reduced YAC. Murray doesn’t slide to create passing lanes, which gets passes knocked down (he should study Wilson in this regard). Murray rarely, if ever, audibles. He also doesn’t use progressions on most throws. At least twice Saturday he threw into coverage when he had open receivers for big gains. I could continue this list.

He does a few things that show improvement. He runs more this year. He’s working on setting up once he escapes the pocket. He uses the TEs more effectively this year. He more often throws into coverage, which is fine if it’s to Hopkins or Fitz. I’ve seen other QBs take a huge leap forward in year 2. Murray’s move is more modest.

I don’t know how aggressively he’s working on improving, hopefully very aggressively. I just wish I saw it more in throwing mechanics. I’m not sure how you concluded I apparently hope he fails. I doubt, considering the few successful years I’ve experienced, that I would have stayed a fan for 55 years. I don’t just throw out opinions, I typically provide specific examples. Murray can be great, but he isn’t yet. Every great QB I seen wanted to be great and paid the price. I’ve seen far more QBs who could have been great but thought they already had it made. That they just had the magic. Talent is only one part of a great QB. It’s like the ante.
Excellent post @Harry

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3x conference player of the week at 23 years old. Definitely another disappointment.

Literally all that means is he had 3 weeks where he was better on offense than anyone else. It's says nothing about the other 12 games.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn