Indy Rumor from a Good Source - Cards not active in Free Agency due to trading down

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Four starters would be one hell of a draft. Agree an epic draft for sure. The draft should be a component of the rebuild.
Totally "spot on" if the team can get four legit players out of the draft that shall we say are capable of starting, that is a major league win. I am very confident in Monti, why? Having the spots he held with NE very impressive. Assembling a staff here of teachers is impressive as well. No one player can lead a team to then promise land as often as Brady did. He was surrounded by a cast of excellent players whom he brought out the best in. Ever notice that the only thing that people discuss on talk radio or even in sports chat rooms are the bad things. When the Bulls kept winning year after year, living here rarely was it discussed, nothing to argue about or get mad at. It should only happen to the Cardinals in our lifetimes!!

Reactions: PJ1

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not quite. DRC tried to jump Ben’s pass when he pump faked, leaving Holmes open. Ben passed to Holmes, Francisco falls down, and the rest is history. That is the play that really killed us. Before that play they were probably on pace for a medium to long range field goal to send the game to OT.
Yup. That screw up by both guys gave them a huge chunk play of like 35 yards that enabled them to go for the jugular instead of playing for the FG.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
But, in fact, we did overcome it and were leading with 1.37 to go.
Yes, and it still was points scored on the Cards which makes it tougher. It's tough with no time on the clock that a defensive td was scored. Points a team can't allow to happen. I see your point.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes, and it still was points scored on the Cards which makes it tougher. It's tough with no time on the clock that a defensive td was scored. Points a team can't allow to happen. I see your point.

That CARDS team had an in-season offence that scored 427 and gave up 426.

The defence showed its ugly head at the worst moment in Cardinal history.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That CARDS team had an in-season offence that scored 427 and gave up 426.

The defence showed its ugly head at the worst moment in Cardinal history.
I agree the defense dropped the ball (or rather let the offense move the ball with impunity) but back way way way off in stating the 'worst' moment in Cardinal history... dude, try to relive that Redskin game in '84 which still hurts me more than the freaking Super Bowl and it was not the Cardinals doing wrong but a throng of ill-fated bad bad bad calls which has scarred me for life as a fan lol

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree the defense dropped the ball (or rather let the offense move the ball with impunity) but back way way way off in stating the 'worst' moment in Cardinal history... dude, try to relive that Redskin game in '84 which still hurts me more than the freaking Super Bowl and it was not the Cardinals doing wrong but a throng of ill-fated bad bad bad calls which has scarred me for life as a fan lol

You're on your own comparing that 'trauma' with losing the freakin' Super Bowl.

Cards Crazy

Rookie
Reaction score
Wasnt that the team with Lomax Green OJ Anderson Oh I hated the Redskins all the way back to George Allen Billy Kilmer Days and Still do but damn they should have kept their name So I could still hate them some More (dont even know what teams name is now)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You know, communication from the FO could go a long way to assuage the fan base, although I understand that is not their priority. The new regime is giving horrible mixed signals in this supposed tear down. A short release about how we loved Allen but he simply wanted to move on, or some such, might help. Might not, but maybe.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, communication from the FO could go a long way to assuage the fan base, although I understand that is not their priority. The new regime is giving horrible mixed signals in this supposed tear down. A short release about how we loved Allen but he simply wanted to move on, or some such, might help. Might not, but maybe.
The silence is not good

I agree that they need to put out a little something about the direction the team is going in and about the 2 young guys that left

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The silence is not good

I agree that they need to put out a little something about the direction the team is going in and about the 2 young guys that left
What do you want them to say.

What if the truth is they wanted to resign both guys, but they did not want to come back to the Cardinals due the facilities - or due to the fact they don't like the new coaching staff? Should they say that publicly?

Time to move on.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Wasnt that the team with Lomax Green OJ Anderson Oh I hated the Redskins all the way back to George Allen Billy Kilmer Days and Still do but damn they should have kept their name So I could still hate them some More (dont even know what teams name is now)
They will always be the Redskins... do I hate the Washington Redskin/Commander/Football Team? Nah, but you won't seem me rooting for them on any given Sunday lol

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
IMO the front office shouldn't be making any press releases about how they wished they could have resigned so and so...That just makes them sound like a petty jilted ex lover.

By staying silent, it tells me they were A-Ok letting them walk...that they are replaceable, which they really are. Were they nice? Yes...Were they dominant at their position? Nope.

Should they be looking to move on from Ertz and Conner? Probably. Each of them, though, may have value to another team via trade. I think you keep them around, as long as possible...even up to trade deadline. Heck, that's how the Cards got Ertz in the 1st place. They monitored him for weeks/months until Philly was ready to pull the trigger at whatever price.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Nobody does this though right? I've not seen anything like that from any team not do I recall seeing any in the past.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO the front office shouldn't be making any press releases about how they wished they could have resigned so and so...That just makes them sound like a petty jilted ex lover.

By staying silent, it tells me they were A-Ok letting them walk...that they are replaceable, which they really are. Were they nice? Yes...Were they dominant at their position? Nope.

Should they be looking to move on from Ertz and Conner? Probably. Each of them, though, may have value to another team via trade. I think you keep them around, as long as possible...even up to trade deadline. Heck, that's how the Cards got Ertz in the 1st place. They monitored him for weeks/months until Philly was ready to pull the trigger at whatever price.

Ertz is injured so isn't tradeable. Maybe after camp and a few games so he's proved he is healthy they look to trade him. Trade is the only sensible way out that saves money.

Otherwise both are a wash and completely pointless moving on.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I am simply loading up on tanks and soldiers on the proverbial border right now of my Cardinal fandom and judge Monti's draft or additions by mid season before I invade

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose