In Simulation: Cardinals get #1 pick

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Oh, I remember the good old days when we were called the worst team to ever make it to the Super Bowl. That would have been a good year to die a happy Cardinal fan. But no, I have to be alive for the whole 2022 season.
Sissy.
I hope you suffer more brother.
Getting old suxx. But it beats the alternative.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Anderson but i am cooling on Carter.
Rumor has it some scouts say he is kinda lazy and doesnt have any love of the game.
Reminiscent of Robert Nkemdiche.
Would hate to waste a top 5 pick on that kind of player....sadly, would prefer Bijon Robinson over a lazy D Lineman...and im kinda with y'all on first round runningbacks.
So my biggest hope is that we get Anderson
Where did you read this from?

I don’t see that anywhere.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine being the GM who has more #1 overall picks than playoff appearances in 6 years..
Our franchise has had exactly one #1 overall pick. But also 1 playoff appearance.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we get #1 pick, trade it for as much as we can get. Use 2023 as a complete rebuild year to get us back to respectable again. Now coaching will help quicken this but we are two years and many players away.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I like Anderson but i am cooling on Carter.
Rumor has it some scouts say he is kinda lazy and doesnt have any love of the game.
Reminiscent of Robert Nkemdiche.
Would hate to waste a top 5 pick on that kind of player....sadly, would prefer Bijon Robinson over a lazy D Lineman...and im kinda with y'all on first round runningbacks.
So my biggest hope is that we get Anderson
I want a competent GM who can make that decision. If we have one, or at least it's not Keim and someone who gives the benefit of the doubt he can draft, then I will accept the pick and gladly accept being an uninformed fan who is not qualified to even worry about if Carter is better than Anderson lol

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
We have already shown we can't pick well even at #1. I know Keim is "gone" but if we pick in house we will get the same result. Trade back, regardless of our position. IMHO

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't necessarily feel a need for us to get the #1 overall pick, as I don't see a perfect player at the position. But I really want to draft in the top three where we are today. There's a lot of time to go until draft day, but Carter or Anderson would be a big deal, IMO.

How I feel today might completely change if we get the coach and GM situation I'm hoping we can.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have already shown we can't pick well even at #1. I know Keim is "gone" but if we pick in house we will get the same result. Trade back, regardless of our position. IMHO
What a confusing post.

I don’t even believe this makes sense to you.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Where did you read this from?

I don’t see that anywhere.
this is the scouting report from walterfootball... I dint copy all the positives as there were a lot..

Weaknesses:
  • Poor character
  • Off-the-field concerns
  • Doesn't work hard
  • Has a reputation of not loving football
  • Hand usage could get better
  • Large mass guards can give him some problems

Summary: Led by a legendary defense in 2021, Georgia won its first National Championship since 1980. They prgoram had some elite prospects for the NFL on that defensive front. Mammoth nose tackle Jordan Davis got a lot of media attention, and fellow tackle Devonte Wyatt received acclaim as well, but some broadcasters hinted that teammate tackle Jalen Carter, who was ineligible for the 2022 NFL Draft, was even better those two. Carter flashed dynamic ability in 2021 while rotating with those star veterans. He collected 37 tackles and three sacks in a backup role that season, suggesting a serious skill set that made him a player to watch for 2022.

Carter has 29 tackles, three sacks, two forced fumbles and two passes batted entering the college football playoff this season. The junior missed a chunk of time due to a sprained MCL from a dirty hit versus Missouri.

As a pass rusher, Carter showed more natural ability to get after the quarterback in 2022 than Jordan Davis or Devonte Wyatt did as Bulldogs. Carter is quick off the ball, possessing excellent an first-step. With his speed, he will dangerously fire through his gap and get into the backfield. His agility catches offensive linemen by surprise, whuch allows him to often get them on their heels. Carter has a serious burst to close, and he will blast into the backfield.

Carter plays with excellent leverage despite his height. He stays low versus guards and avoids allowing them to get underneath him. Carter has natural strength in his upper and lower body to bull through blockers, showing interior speed to power.

Against the run, Carter is a tough defender who can hold his ground and cause disruption in the backfield. He will push through blockers or fire his gap to cause havoc behind the line of scrimmage, leading to a blown-up run cleaned up by teammates. With his skill set, Carter is a well-rounded defender who can play both phases well.

Carter could stand to improve his hand usage. He sometimes lets his hands go still, locking up with blockers rather than chopping them off of him. Large mass can give Carter some issues as well, and in the NFL, he will see massive guards regularly. Improving his technique to not get pushed or tied up by large mass blockers would help him to be more effective. Carter has a ton of upside, so these points of technique should improve as he gains more experience.

While Carter looks destined to become a top-10 choice next April in the 2023 NFL Draft, multiple team sources told WalterFootball.com that they have makeup concerns with Carter. NFL sources say that scouts have heard around the Georgia program that Carter is not a hard worker, and they do not believe that he loves football. It is not uncommon for supremely talented prospects to not have a hard-working reputation. Such athletes are so physically gifted that things have come easy and they have not had to work exceptionally hard to be elite at college level. The NFL is on another level, however, so teams want players who have a good work ethic and love to play football. Carter has developed a reputation of not being a worker or loving football, which could rub some franchises with high first-round selectiong the wrong way.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He’s touted as being the closest prospect that could equal to Aaron Donald. Could give Trey Young, Stafford, and Geno fits for decades. But knowing us he’ll end up like Wadsworth or Eric Swann. It’s the Cardinal way.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand it fully.
Ah.

The FO didn’t draft an All-Pro the one time they drafted #1 overall, so that means they should avoid doing so ever again.

So, trade back no matter what because there’s obviously a history of draft success doing that from this franchise….clearly.

Definitely makes sense(it doesn’t).

Rethink this through.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this is the scouting report from walterfootball... I dint copy all the positives as there were a lot..

Weaknesses:
  • Poor character
  • Off-the-field concerns
  • Doesn't work hard
  • Has a reputation of not loving football
  • Hand usage could get better
  • Large mass guards can give him some problems

Summary: Led by a legendary defense in 2021, Georgia won its first National Championship since 1980. They prgoram had some elite prospects for the NFL on that defensive front. Mammoth nose tackle Jordan Davis got a lot of media attention, and fellow tackle Devonte Wyatt received acclaim as well, but some broadcasters hinted that teammate tackle Jalen Carter, who was ineligible for the 2022 NFL Draft, was even better those two. Carter flashed dynamic ability in 2021 while rotating with those star veterans. He collected 37 tackles and three sacks in a backup role that season, suggesting a serious skill set that made him a player to watch for 2022.

Carter has 29 tackles, three sacks, two forced fumbles and two passes batted entering the college football playoff this season. The junior missed a chunk of time due to a sprained MCL from a dirty hit versus Missouri.

As a pass rusher, Carter showed more natural ability to get after the quarterback in 2022 than Jordan Davis or Devonte Wyatt did as Bulldogs. Carter is quick off the ball, possessing excellent an first-step. With his speed, he will dangerously fire through his gap and get into the backfield. His agility catches offensive linemen by surprise, whuch allows him to often get them on their heels. Carter has a serious burst to close, and he will blast into the backfield.

Carter plays with excellent leverage despite his height. He stays low versus guards and avoids allowing them to get underneath him. Carter has natural strength in his upper and lower body to bull through blockers, showing interior speed to power.

Against the run, Carter is a tough defender who can hold his ground and cause disruption in the backfield. He will push through blockers or fire his gap to cause havoc behind the line of scrimmage, leading to a blown-up run cleaned up by teammates. With his skill set, Carter is a well-rounded defender who can play both phases well.

Carter could stand to improve his hand usage. He sometimes lets his hands go still, locking up with blockers rather than chopping them off of him. Large mass can give Carter some issues as well, and in the NFL, he will see massive guards regularly. Improving his technique to not get pushed or tied up by large mass blockers would help him to be more effective. Carter has a ton of upside, so these points of technique should improve as he gains more experience.

While Carter looks destined to become a top-10 choice next April in the 2023 NFL Draft, multiple team sources told WalterFootball.com that they have makeup concerns with Carter. NFL sources say that scouts have heard around the Georgia program that Carter is not a hard worker, and they do not believe that he loves football. It is not uncommon for supremely talented prospects to not have a hard-working reputation. Such athletes are so physically gifted that things have come easy and they have not had to work exceptionally hard to be elite at college level. The NFL is on another level, however, so teams want players who have a good work ethic and love to play football. Carter has developed a reputation of not being a worker or loving football, which could rub some franchises with high first-round selectiong the wrong way.

Ahhhh, that’s why I couldn’t find it. I haven’t checked out WalterFootball in almost 9 years. I fell out of his website because it has became outdated to me. Plus, the actual owner of it is a wackjob.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ahhhh, that’s why I couldn’t find it. I haven’t checked out WalterFootball in almost 9 years. I fell out of his website because it has became outdated to me. Plus, the actual owner of it is a wackjob.
Man, even when I kinda agree with you, you're wholeheartedly unwilling to accept anyone else's opinions. Come on.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, even when I kinda agree with you, you're wholeheartedly unwilling to accept anyone else's opinions. Come on.
Because I haven’t checked out a website in almost 9 years? Seriously?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
due diligence of course. but with this team I just find it hard to risk a top 5 pick on a guy anybody says that about...word is it is coming from within the school locker room.
can the cardinals afford the risk? if Anderson is sitting right there?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
due diligence of course. but with this team I just find it hard to risk a top 5 pick on a guy anybody says that about...word is it is coming from within the school locker room.
can the cardinals afford the risk? if Anderson is sitting right there?
If Anderson is gone, some team might give us a boatload for the chance to draft Carter. For me, I would take the boat and go sailing for a variety of fish.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Even at #4, Walter Football still has us taking a RB. WTF.

:biglaugh:

Moronic.

Wait, Walter Football...this isn't our old Walter, is it? That would explain so, so much.

"We're going to trade Troy Nickedglass for Ben Roethlisberger and the Stillers 1s and 3rd round picks!"

"That's a dumb fantasy trade idea no one would ever take seriously."

"How dare you I'm brilliant I'm taking my ball and going home!"

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He’s touted as being the closest prospect that could equal to Aaron Donald. Could give Trey Young, Stafford, and Geno fits for decades. But knowing us he’ll end up like Wadsworth or Eric Swann. It’s the Cardinal way.
:hammer::mulli:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard