In Simulation: Cardinals get #1 pick

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If I were the GM, I would be trading down like crazy in the 2023 draft and stockpiling picks in 2024. I would recognize the fact that with the current contract situations in 2023, the uncertainty of other players and realizing no high pick is going to turn this stink pile around in one year, I would be looking further out to build a core of young players 3-5 years out.

I would tell Bidwill that a long term plan with some pain at the start is the only way this team is going to be competitive. If you can't live with that then I'm not the guy for the job.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
If I were the GM, I would be trading down like crazy in the 2023 draft and stockpiling picks in 2024. I would recognize the fact that with the current contract situations in 2023, the uncertainty of other players and realizing no high pick is going to turn this stink pile around in one year, I would be looking further out to build a core of young players 3-5 years out.

I would tell Bidwill that a long term plan with some pain at the start is the only way this team is going to be competitive. If you can't live with that then I'm not the guy for the job.
Would be nice to have a GM who thinks and plans beyond the current season. Keim was constantly going for instant gratification and giving up future picks.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Because I haven’t checked out a website in almost 9 years? Seriously?
It's kind of a recurring theme, since you attack coaches all the time for coaching "like it's 19xx" all the time (or early 2000s). I'm not trying to attack you at all, but you seem to very firmly believe that older tenets of football are useless.

Like, just the other day, you completely blew off my examples of multiple scouting sites showing Mahomes and Watson outside of the first round. Maybe you're secretly an NFL exec for a successful team, but you're just so quick to dismiss any takes besides your own otherwise.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Where did you read this from?

I don’t see that anywhere.
McShay said a couple weeks ago with Carter there are character issues, getting along with teammates and will be a hot button name for months.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Im out on Carter as well. Unless we get a Sean Payton type Im just not sure about our culture with a player like that. Just hoping he doesnt go to Seattle though.

Trade down.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
For the heck of it I did 3 round mock on Fanspeak. This was the result

R1 P4
EDGE Will Anderson - Alabama
R2 P4
RB Bijan Robinson - Texas
R3 P4
DL Siaki Ika - Baylor
R3 P33
C Steve Avila - TCU

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McShay said a couple weeks ago with Carter there are character issues, getting along with teammates and will be a hot button name for months.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I read that when it dropped.

I find it interesting no one else in the media has backed up McShay’s claim though.

Remember when Kayvon Thibodeaux supposedly “didn’t love the game”?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Im out on Carter as well. Unless we get a Sean Payton type Im just not sure about our culture with a player like that. Just hoping he doesnt go to Seattle though.

Trade down.
Would be hilarious if a blue-chipper fell in our lap in the first time in forever only for us to trade down & draft inferior players because of a Todd McShay claim no one else in the draft media has backed him up on.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
but you seem to very firmly believe that older tenets of football are useless.
….Well, yea, Solar. You either adapt with the times or get left behind. This is why Andy Reid & Bill Belichick have been successful as they were 20 years ago. They adapt. The John Foxs & Rex Ryans didn’t & that’s why they aren’t HCs anymore. They don’t. How do you not know this?

but you're just so quick to dismiss any takes besides your own otherwise.
I’m just blunt about them. There’s a difference.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
DT’s drafted top-5 in 5-year stretch:
Gaines Adams 07’
Glenn Dorsey 08’
Tyson Jackson 09’
Ndamukong Suh 10’
Gerald McCoy 10’
Marcell Dareus 11’

In the last 10 years: Quinnen Williams

Not sure what point I’m trying to make thought it was interesting (Watt & Donald were outside the top-5).

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Would be hilarious if a blue-chipper fell in our lap in the first time in forever only for us to trade down & draft inferior players because of a Todd McShay claim no one else in the draft media has backed him up on.
Unless he goes to Seattle does it matter if we as an organization fail to support the player? If we get the right gm/coach sure. However as of now Im out.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless he goes to Seattle does it matter if we as an organization fail to support the player? If we get the right gm/coach sure. However as of now Im out.
Despite nobody else in the huge draft media circle backing up that claim, just McShay alone was enough to convince you huh?

The FO took Wirfs over Simmons, I wonder who we will take this time after passing up Carter.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Despite nobody else in the huge draft media circle backing up that claim, just McShay alone was enough to convince you huh?

The FO took Wirfs over Simmons, I wonder who we will take this time after passing up Carter.
Wirfs was solid off the field as well.

If McShay turns out to be right that Carter is the most talked about negatively prospect then what?
Love the talent, but if Keim or below average people at HC and/or GM yea I could see it going bad for a few years and then he leaves anyway.

If there are off the field issues with Carter (again if McShay is right) are you still taking him over Will Anderson?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Not that he needed it but Bama is showcasing the hell out of Bryce Young today. CJ Stroud vs Georgia tonight.

Do we think Will Anderson’s arms measure to 34”?
You must be registered for see images attach

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kind of a Bryant Johnson/Calvin Pace deal? Am I remembering that nightmare draft right?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If McShay turns out to be right that Carter is the most talked about negatively prospect then what?
Then he would be right.

Until then, how bout we wait from other big media draft circles to make that same claim as well & not being easily so convinced.

If there are off the field issues with Carter (again if McShay is right) are you still taking him over Will Anderson?
I never said I would take Carter over Anderson. I would take Anderson over Carter. I think it’s less likely Carter goes before Anderson due to positional value.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What am I missing about Carter’s lack of production? I know last year he had lots of talent in front of him, but 6 sacks over three seasons? 26 tackles per year? 13 solo?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not that he needed it but Bama is showcasing the hell out of Bryce Young today. CJ Stroud vs Georgia tonight.

Do we think Will Anderson’s arms measure to 34”?
You must be registered for see images attach

At least. He looks like he can scratch his toes without bending.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard