I'm So Proud of our Defense

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I'm so proud.

On the field the entire first half. The game could have easily gotten out of hand, SF could have been up 20-7 or 24-7 at the half and we would have stood no chance.

I bet they were gassed on those last few plays at end of the 2nd quarter. I bet they were going "F"! Give us a break offense!

But they stood their ground like champions. Like a Superbowl defense.

Close game through the entire 2nd half. Every stop was crucial. Critical. They kept after smith. Six times they got him. Gore got loose once. That was it.

Give the "O" some credit. On those last two SF possessions, the D must have been relatively fresh.

And then D-Wash and Campbell, and even Money Mike Adams made some plays, and they saved the day.

The Birdgang. The Redshirts. The Wrecking Crew. This defense ROCKS.

Thanks Eason, Dockett, Adub, PP21, Jefferson, Johnson, Campbell, Haggins, Lenon, Washington, Acho. Also, Schofield, Carter, Holiday, Talley, Adams, Marshall, and the rest of the defensive players.

Thanks Defense! Thanks for making me proud to be a Arizona Cardinals Fan!

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dontthink they make it but both D Wash and CC should be in the pro bowl no questions asked.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and sign me up for bringing Richard Marshall back on a multi year deal. Kids a hard nosed baller.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a better red zone defense in Cardinal Red. Heck I don't think I've seen a red zone D this good ever.

But then we haven't played offensive juggernauts the last few weeks either. ;)

:stick:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The nice thing is it is not just an inspired effort. This is really becoming a good defense. We have legitimate talent and depth.

Last edited:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
But then we haven't played offensive juggernauts the last few weeks either. ;)

:stick:
Both Eagles and Cowboys offense is supposed to be explosive... granted both had a key player out but they still have pretty solid offensive teams.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
actually i like andre roberts at cornerback..i really like his pass deflection agaisnt us today

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
actually i like andre roberts at cornerback..i really like his pass deflection against us today
Skelton was even laughing when that happened, it was on a nice laser to Fitz. :) I do like how Skelton keeps his cool, we were talking about how he responds to his own mistakes in the chat. He got the W, had some nice throws today.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That makes 5 games this year where the D has only given up 1 TD from the line of scrimmage.

It has had to be a long, long time since that has happened.

I was pissed on the last offensive posession when we went into a shell. However , I think that is the product of having confidence in the defense. I think Whiz and the D both believed the 49er's were not going to score again.

Early in the 3rd quarter I said to my son, " The Cards are feeling it right now". They seem to be brimming with confidence.

It certainly was fun beating these A--------!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I dontthink they make it but both D Wash and CC should be in the pro bowl no questions asked.

I'm Bert and I approved this message!

I LOVE THIS DEFENSE! All heart baby. The future is BRIGHT with this batch of young studs!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm Bert and I approved this message!

I LOVE THIS DEFENSE! All heart baby. The future is BRIGHT with this batch of young studs!

totally agree.

I LOVE seeing this defense get on the field. they are really the first squad since the first buddy ryan team that just flies around and they actually get pressure. looks like Horton was a GREAT hire.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
totally agree.

I LOVE seeing this defense get on the field. they are really the first squad since the first buddy ryan team that just flies around and they actually get pressure. looks like Horton was a GREAT hire.

I've been saything that for the last couple of weeks. Best defense since Buddy's first year.

Can't wait to see what they can accomplish next year, with a full off-season under their belts. I think Ray's only got about 50-60% of his defense installed.

Go Cards!!!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been saything that for the last couple of weeks. Best defense since Buddy's first year.

Can't wait to see what they can accomplish next year, with a full off-season under their belts. I think Ray's only got about 50-60% of his defense installed.

Go Cards!!!

Yjey have said the last two weeks that everything has been introduced.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Re-sign Campbell and draft couple of stud LB's to replace Haggans and Lenon and this defense will be awesome...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if this D just got ONE MAJOR pass-rushing LB like a Woodley, they would be terrifying. pretty good as is though. they're finally a D that MAKES THE STOP at the end of the game.

incredibly refreshing to see.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last 3 weeks and Schofield seems to be shining a bit again. Really getting some pressure and showing that quickness. He will be a full 2 years post knee injury next year and thats when they say is when people at truly back to normal. Should have the system down by then too. Since reports were that he wasnt getting it mentally right away.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last 3 weeks and Schofield seems to be shining a bit again. Really getting some pressure and showing that quickness. He will be a full 2 years post knee injury next year and thats when they say is when people at truly back to normal. Should have the system down by then too. Since reports were that he wasnt getting it mentally right away.

And Acho is even betteR

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard