If You Want KK Gone, Who Do You Want Hired?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Riley has a better resume and is better at the air raid then KK. The bar is set low when it comes to getting people better than what we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe because he had a ton more talent than they did at TT.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Why do we have to cut out Bienemy?

I’d kick the tires on Jim Harbaugh. He usually flames out after four years, but I figure we’ve only got three-ish more years of suckage here before Kyler either breaks and starts flirting with baseball.
Well, with Harbaugh, who’s an OC you can see him pairing with KM?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No air raid people.

That offense is too easy to decipher from the NFL level.

Rather Benemy or Brady.

There is a chance to get Matt Nagy as OC as well as he will soon be fired.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bienemy isn't coming here. He turned us down for even an initial interview two years ago.

I'd actually be okay with Riley or Harbaugh. I doubt we'll make a change, but hey, dreaming is free.

That was coming off a 3 win season and Rosen looking like a scrub. If they can finish out decently and Kyler turns it around it’s much more attractive of a job than two years ago. Of course if the (above) happens Kliff is almost assuredly safe.

If we frame out even more down the stretch you can’t keep the GM thru another coaching change.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliff ain't going anywhere. For a number of reasons.

Not least of which if Kliff goes then Keim goes. And Mike doesn't have the balls. Plus a complete GM/HC rebuild in year 3 of your QBs rookie deal isn't ideal.

Their coaching pool is extremely limited by Kyler's play style. You ain't hiring some West Coast, old school, 90% under center guy. At best it's someone like Bieniemy at one end of the scale and some college guy at the other. But there's realistically maybe 5 guys could successfully HC Kyler.

There's plenty of excuses for Keim to use. Injuries being the main one. No CJ. No Philips. No Peters. No Thompson. No Fitz. Etc etc.

We're are stuck with Kliff. If anyone goes it will be Vance, hopefully for Vic Fangio if/when he's fired. But I don't even think that happens.

More likely Clement "retires" and hopefully they bring in Carl Smith.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Greg Roman OC for the Ravens. He designed an offense built to Lamar Jackson’s strengths and won an MVP because of it. He will get Kyler playing at a high level I believe.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
This thread is exactly why this board has no business wanting KK to get fired. Most of the names on here are trash/unproven.

People on here wanted Bettcher and Shurmur to go along with Gase, Caldwell, Campbell, DeFilipo, etc.

Greg Roman...how is that going this year? Lamar Jackson has regressed.

Let's focus on how to improve this team...not blow it up.

I will start - think about where we would be right now with a decent defense and a kicker that is more accurate?

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian Daboll and bring Ken Dorsey with him, but I see Daboll going to Chargers. Nat Hackett is my 2nd.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What has Riley won exactly? Big 12 titles against teams he has a lot more talent than?

I’d rather aim for Joe Brady.

He's 43-8 as a college coach, different QB every year, obviously very talented QB's but not much continuity. Again I said in my post he's had great talent in college, but he's taken that talent to lots of wins. he can't win the big games but then very few coaches at that level now do they always lose to elite teams in the bowl games.

Brady is a solid choice too although he's never been a head coach and he's in his first year as even an OC now with the Panthers, at LSU he was the passing game coordinator for Joe Burrow.

If you're going to try and land a younger college coach, those are both guys who would be on our radar I expect. Generally in the NFL when you make a change, you go opposite, I think none of us want to bring in another defensive coach right now we want to build around Kyler and D Hop so you want an offensive guru.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian Daboll and bring Ken Dorsey with him, but I see Daboll going to Chargers. Nat Hackett is my 2nd.

My knock on Hackett, his star is on the rise and he is now the OC for Aaron Rodgers who makes every coach that coaches him look like a genius. Hackett may be good but it's difficult to tell because of how good Rodgers is.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Kliff ain't going anywhere. For a number of reasons.

Not least of which if Kliff goes then Keim goes. And Mike doesn't have the balls. Plus a complete GM/HC rebuild in year 3 of your QBs rookie deal isn't ideal.

Their coaching pool is extremely limited by Kyler's play style. You ain't hiring some West Coast, old school, 90% under center guy. At best it's someone like Bieniemy at one end of the scale and some college guy at the other. But there's realistically maybe 5 guys could successfully HC Kyler.

There's plenty of excuses for Keim to use. Injuries being the main one. No CJ. No Philips. No Peters. No Thompson. No Fitz. Etc etc.

We're are stuck with Kliff. If anyone goes it will be Vance, hopefully for Vic Fangio if/when he's fired. But I don't even think that happens.

More likely Clement "retires" and hopefully they bring in Carl Smith.
Ask Cleveland and Baker Mayfield how it's going with a HC/GM change in year 3.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ask Cleveland and Baker Mayfield how it's going with a HC/GM change in year 3.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Completely different situations. They went from 2 garbage HC's with barely a win between them and had a much better roster. They have good young DB's. A very good O line and D line. Great WR's, Great RB's.

If anything Baker is the weakness on that team. Kyler is playing poorly and is still probably the shining light of the roster. Baker is also playing a more traditional NFL offense with 35% of snaps under center and isn't 100% reliable on having to run himself to win games. He's also like 3 inches taller than Kyler.

I'm not saying you couldn't change HC. But it's nowhere near the same situation as the Brown's.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Browns’ DBs are pretty bad outside of Ward.

Their ILBs are pretty awful too.

I don’t care for Baker at all, but the Browns’ downfall this year will probably be their back 7.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's 43-8 as a college coach, different QB every year, obviously very talented QB's but not much continuity. Again I said in my post he's had great talent in college, but he's taken that talent to lots of wins. he can't win the big games but then very few coaches at that level now do they always lose to elite teams in the bowl games.

Brady is a solid choice too although he's never been a head coach and he's in his first year as even an OC now with the Panthers, at LSU he was the passing game coordinator for Joe Burrow.

If you're going to try and land a younger college coach, those are both guys who would be on our radar I expect. Generally in the NFL when you make a change, you go opposite, I think none of us want to bring in another defensive coach right now we want to build around Kyler and D Hop so you want an offensive guru.

Riley is just Kliff+. Great play designer. Invented offensively. Limited in all the things you need to be a good NFL HC.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Browns’ DBs are pretty bad outside of Ward.

They have Greedy Williams and Grant Delpit.

As I said, good, young DB's.

They aren't playing right now, but I was talking about the state of the roster overall.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have Greedy Williams and Grant Delpit.

As I said, good, young DB's.

They aren't playing right now, but I was talking about the state of the roster overall.
I bet you had no idea they weren’t playing until you read my post & had to check, lol.

Greedy was bad his rookie year & hasn’t played a snap this year. Delpit tore his Achilles before the season even began.

They’re unproven. Clearly.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Riley is just Kliff+. Great play designer. Invented offensively. Limited in all the things you need to be a good NFL HC.

Yeah I'm not saying he's a genius. I actually have no problem with hiring a coach to coach one side of the offense and get a DC in. THe 2 best coaches the Cards have had in my time as a fan were probably Coryell and then Arians, both very much offensive coaches. Coryell never had the money to get a good defensive coach let alone players so we had great offenses and terrible defenses. Arians got the money and we were good. Rod Dowhower was a great OC under Hanifan but again the defense was not there. Obviously the SB year we were really good but I don't think Whiz was a genius he was just smart enough to realize what most of us initially didn't, including me, that Kurt still had it.

I'd be fine with staying with Kliff and getting a better DC and better defensive talent. I'm saying if you move past Kliff you're going to try and hire another offensive minded guy and Riley would be on the list. Someone else mentions he makes over 6 million dollars at OU. Can't immediatley find what Kliff makes it's less. The lure would have to be coaching in the NFL not college we're not going to outbid OU.

Not saying it has to be Riley there are other guys but Riley is a better version of Kliff IMO.

It may be we need a more seasoned coach with Kliff on the OC to mentor Kyler.

Last edited:

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kliff isn't getting the can until at least next year. This year will be the one that puts him on the hotseat, but not get fired. Too many variables, and the bottom line is the team improved its record.

Next year its playoffs or both Keim and Kliff are gone.

Maybe by next year there will be better candidates. What I would like is a solid, proved HC, and then a young innovative OC. We need our HC to be a game manager

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
harbaugh is a good coach but he has a shelf life he wears on players, I think he'd be a terrible fit for Kyler and D Hop. I think he could help make Kyler a better QB, but I don't think the personality would work. Hell Jeff Tedford as a QB coach would help Kyler too but again not a good fit, and he's retired for health reasons anyways.

Kyler needs someone to help him with footwork, help him with reading defenses, it doesn't have to be a young guy but it has to be someone who has the right temperment. Frankly I think Kliff has the right personality, I'm just not sure he's the right guy to teach him but to be fair Covid took away much of that in the offseason.

We are starting to see Kyler revert back to running backwards again which wasn't happening early in the year, someone has to get him to focus on NOT doing that it led to the fumble.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I'd hire Robert Saleh from the 49er's or Brandon Staley from the Rams. I know that Staley is young and has only been a D-coordinator for one year, but damn the Rams defense is good. Both of these coaches know the NFC West and have been inspirational defensive coaches. Of course either hire would make the offensive coordinator hire a critical step in the development of K1.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
BA bailed looking at the talent left on the team. Kliff is hitting the same wall as BA.

Before a new coach, that needs to be addressed. Is Keim going to be the GM?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I bet you had no idea they weren’t playing until you read my post & had to check, lol.

Greedy was bad his rookie year & hasn’t played a snap this year. Delpit tore his Achilles before the season even began.

They’re unproven. Clearly.

Of course I know they aren't playing. I was talking about the strengths of each roster and there's no comparison. The Browns have a young team with very few holes. Most of our better players or key positions are 30+ and on the decline and the roster has issues everywhere.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not saying he's a genius. I actually have no problem with hiring a coach to coach one side of the offense and get a DC in. THe 2 best coaches the Cards have had in my time as a fan were probably Coryell and then Arians, both very much offensive coaches. Coryell never had the money to get a good defensive coach let alone players so we had great offenses and terrible defenses. Arians got the money and we were good. Rod Dowhower was a great OC under Hanifan but again the defense was not there. Obviously the SB year we were really good but I don't think Whiz was a genius he was just smart enough to realize what most of us initially didn't, including me, that Kurt still had it.

I'd be fine with staying with Kliff and getting a better DC and better defensive talent. I'm saying if you move past Kliff you're going to try and hire another offensive minded guy and Riley would be on the list. Someone else mentions he makes over 6 million dollars at OU. Can't immediatley find what Kliff makes it's less. The lure would have to be coaching in the NFL not college we're not going to outbid OU.

Not saying it has to be Riley there are other guys but Riley is a better version of Kliff IMO.

It may be we need a more seasoned coach with Kliff on the OC to mentor Kyler.

Oh yeah for sure Riley is on the list. It's a short list so he has to be. And I agree he is better than Kliff but it would be another punt. I'd personally rather have someone with NFL experience.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliff isn't getting the can until at least next year. This year will be the one that puts him on the hotseat, but not get fired. Too many variables, and the bottom line is the team improved its record.

Next year its playoffs or both Keim and Kliff are gone.

Maybe by next year there will be better candidates. What I would like is a solid, proved HC, and then a young innovative OC. We need our HC to be a game manager

My biggest problem with Kliff is that he's not learning.

He has some massive issues right now, and they are the same issues he's always had. If I could see some progress I'd be less concerned but I don't.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson