If You Want KK Gone, Who Do You Want Hired?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What was the team's record last year, 5-10-1 I think? Currently they are 7-6 and obviously could finish anywhere from 7-9 and 10-6. Either way it's an improvement in a tough division. The close losses have been frustrating and some calls Kliff makes are head scratchers.

Regardless of some heartbreaking close losses, the team has a chance to make the playoffs and finish the season with a winning record. It's been awhile since games in December have mattered for this franchise.
Beats the heck out of the Wilk's year here.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ok. Just for giggles, here are my thoughts if the Cardinals were to move on from Keim, Kliff and Vance. and yes, they would all have to go.

The beginning and end of it is that I would pillage probably the Colts.

Ed Dobbs as GM.
Matt Eberflus as HC.
Plenty of OC options on that coaching roster.
Dave Borgonzi could be the DC.
Eberflus also has ties to Rod Marinelli

For the continuity aspect of the entire thing makes sense and would help get the ball rolling quickly.

I am not advocating for making a change, but if I did, this would be the type of approach I would take.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Ryan Day I think he may be right who knows but I think publicly whining that the DC for the other team is stealing your signs, is probably not a good way to get hired in the NFL? He had 2 1 year stints in the NFL, 49ers and Eagles, I'm going to guess if he told his HC at either job theyr'e stealing my signs, the response would be if your signs are that easy to steal, get better signs. I'm sure he's a good coach but like most guys who've been at TOSU and other elite schools, it's hard to say because they have so much NFL talent on the roster.

Also note he was the guy who chose Haskins over Joe Burrow, he was the OC, QB coach and acting HC in 2018. Maybe Haskins was better then who knows but if I'm an NFL team hiring a coach I'm going to wonder about someone who looked at those 2 guys and decided Haskins was my guy? Haskins had a great year so maybe he was right but right now that looks like a decision NFL people might wonder about.

LIAC mentioned David Shaw, I've always liked him, people see him as a Harbaugh disciple but he spent 4 years under Harbaugh at Stanford, he'd spent the prior NINE years in the NFL as an assistant for the Eagles, Raiders, Ravens and Chargers so he has a ton of NFL experience. The general consensus is Shaw wants to stay in college, there's a famous interview where Sean Payton is talking up Shaw and he said everyone says that but there are lots of coaches who were staying in college and didn't, Spurrier, Saban etc, NFL teams go after those guys and get them, they don't go after guys like Shaw. He's of course talking about diversity in the interview so he means in part because Shaw is black. And of course Spurrier and Saban are both guys who did not do well going to the NFL. But Shaw has an extensive NFL resume. I could see him taking the 49er job or the Chargers job because they're local to him, he's from San Diego so LA is not that far away, lives in the Bay area now. But I do think he prefers college to the NFL. I'm also not sure what kind of offense he'd run, he's been pretty conservative at Stanford, run the ball not wide open. it works at Stanford(one losing season) but is he creative enough for the NFL hard to say.

I love the guy but I don't think he has much interest in the NFL.

CardsFan1399

Rookie
Reaction score
Ok. Just for giggles, here are my thoughts if the Cardinals were to move on from Keim, Kliff and Vance. and yes, they would all have to go.

The beginning and end of it is that I would pillage probably the Colts.

Ed Dobbs as GM.
Matt Eberflus as HC.
Plenty of OC options on that coaching roster.
Dave Borgonzi could be the DC.
Eberflus also has ties to Rod Marinelli

For the continuity aspect of the entire thing makes sense and would help get the ball rolling quickly.

I am not advocating for making a change, but if I did, this would be the type of approach I would take.

That’s a well thought out approach!

I don’t expect the team to put KK on the hot seat until next year at the earliest. I get as frustrated as anybody about some of the head scratching calls that are made, but have to remind myself that as a fan since the early 80’s, it could be a lot worse.

Two years ago, when the KK/K1 experiment began, I think most Cardinals fans would’ve been thrilled at a 5 win improvement (at least) by Year 2. This team was predicted to be a 6-7 win team entering the year and has surpassed that. I’m as disappointed as any at how the team has stumbled and let winnable games slip away after the 6-3 start, but they’re playing a meaningful game in the final week and have a shot at the playoffs. KK has to get a little credit for that.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm calling the guy a few streets down.
Marvin Lewis
Dont want any college coaches. I just like experienced head coaches.
But I'm fine with KK

Reaction score
We don't have accountability and execution either

"Football has changed" is what fans with weak coaches say. Tell that to Mike Tomlin, Sean Payton, BA, Belichick, McVay, Carroll, Habrough, Gruden etc

At this stage I'd settle for an angry glare from Kliff. Heck, I'd settle for a vaguely pissed off post game presser.
I 100% agree with this
Good post

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kliff isn’t going anywhere. I doubt Vance is gone as well. The problem with San Fran is that we didn’t score enough points. 12 points with a high-scoring team at home against backups is pathetic. No Kinlaw, Bosa, or Thomas yet they still pushed us back. We might hire someone on the offense side of the ball though.

And even if we let go Kliff premiere coordinators like Greg Roman aren’t coming here. Nor is the KC or Buffalo OC. When was the last time we gotten a premiere HC candidate?? Arians and Wilks were the last to he hired respectively. No one wanted Kingsbury in the NFL. Let’s get real.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Then he shouldn't be a HC.

Name me one head coach that's ever succeeded with Kliff's character? I can't think of a single successful HC who's a chilled, laid back, were all buddies type guy. If that's who he want's to be he's in the wrong career.
Does Andy Reid get up in a player's face?
Ehhh.

When watching NYJ games during his time there, he barely showed any emotion. Even more so than Kliff.

He was way too conservative.

One can make a case that he’s underachieving with their defense if anything.

Think he’s a way better DC than HC.
Well said. Exactly what I think.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Does Andy Reid get up in a player's face?
There's a difference between getting in a players face and holding them accountable.
Hell, Bruce Arians has been on Tom Freakin' Brady all year for his mistakes. Yet, we've never heard a hint of anything but sunshine and roses about Kyler from KK.
Tough love isn't bad thing. In fact, it's needed for players to mature and improve. Maybe KK gets on him during practices but I find that hard to believe.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

whenever this dude says "you have to give them credit", he is admitting to being outcoached.

Does he not realize this?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

whenever this dude says "you have to give them credit", he is admitting to being outcoached.

Does he not realize this?
He doesn't care. He came about as close as here veer has to publicly calling people out when he was asked about the plays calls and he said he needed to get guys more open and that everyone needed to do better.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm good with Kliff coming back another year. Think it'll be tough to let him go after we beat the Rams and win a playoff game ;)

If things do go south.
You must be registered for see images attach

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm good with Kliff coming back another year. Think it'll be tough to let him go after we beat the Rams and win a playoff game ;)

If things do go south.
You must be registered for see images attach
Do you think Lincoln Riley could be a better NFL coach than KK? I know you would hate to lose him at OU but at least he would go to your favorite NFL team lol. Who is the dude in the picture?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard