• Stafford

Votes: 13 20.6%

• Total voters

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally think the Rams got fleeced just wonder what the overall feel of the board is so here’s a poll.....

Would you rather have 26 YO Goff the two first round picks as well as an additional 3rd rounder?

Or

33 YO Matt Stafford

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I personally think the Rams got fleeced just wonder what the overall feel of the board is so here’s a poll.....

Would you rather have 26 YO Goff the two first round picks as well as an additional 3rd rounder?

Or

33 YO Matt Stafford
On the surface, I would agree with you. But each team is in a different position. I think it’s a great trade for Detroit. They are basically starting from scratch, so the extra picks & Goff make perfect sense. With the Rams D, they may be just a QB away from winning a SB. Is Stafford that guy? Time will tell.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
On the surface, I would agree with you. But each team is in a different position. I think it’s a great trade for Detroit. They are basically starting from scratch, so the extra picks & Goff make perfect sense. With the Rams D, they may be just a QB away from winning a SB. Is Stafford that guy? Time will tell.
Agreed. They both got what they wanted. Factoring in Goffs salary and the fact that all picks likely fall late in their respective rounds I think this is a wash value-wise.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. They both got what they wanted. Factoring in Goffs salary and the fact that all picks likely fall late in their respective rounds I think this is a wash value-wise.
I was just getting ready to say the same thing. You have to factor in the money.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Or

33 YO Matt Stanford
I agree.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am the Rams and would rather have Stafford. Billy B of the Patriots never has a 1st rounder and does very well assembling a roster.

I am the Lions and know I have a garbage roster that can only be improved through the draft. Chris Spielman is fronting for the Lions ownership and seems to have a plan.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Lions will be drafting Goff's replacement sooner rather than later. They'll probably suck next year and be picking in the top 10, but at least they have assets now to build for the future.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Rams are in “win now at all cost” mode. Lions are tanking. Works for both teamsgicen their current rosters and situations

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
The Rams are trying to win a Super Bowl and I believe Stafford is a significant upgrade over Goff. Was the price to high? Probably but the Rams got taxed for having the Lions eat Goff’s contract.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, who's going to give up 40MM per year and 3-4 first rounders?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Stafford is an upgrade to Goff in pure QB sense. But Goff won more big games than Stafford.

McVay knows what he is doing. My arm chair QB 2 cents, it is neither an upgrade or a downgrade for Rams in a couple of years.

Oh, This does not effect the Cardinals at all. Cardinals will lose with Goff and with Stafford.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Stafford is an upgrade to Goff in pure QB sense. But Goff won more big games than Stafford.

McVay knows what he is doing. My arm chair QB 2 cents, it is neither an upgrade or a downgrade for Rams in a couple of years.

Oh, This does not effect the Cardinals at all. Cardinals will lose with Goff and with Stafford.

Where it affects us is in if we make the playoffs....
This trade gives the rams a couple more wins a season and may well give them home field advantage throughout the playoffs.... so if we have to face them in the playoffs it’s likely in LA and not in Glendale....

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
In response to the poll I would take Goff and the picks.... then package Goff and Murray with one of those firsts and a third to get Watson from Houston.... and if they insist on a defensive starter I would throw in the rights to Patrick peterson

TJ

Reaction score
In response to the poll I would take Goff and the picks.... then package Goff and Murray with one of those firsts and a third to get Watson from Houston.... and if they insist on a defensive starter I would throw in the rights to Patrick peterson

Not following here. Are you saying that somehow, we get Goff and then ship him and Murray to Houston? Why would Houston take two QBs in the deal?

Peterson is a UFA. There are no rights to trade.

I'm intrigued by the idea of a Watson to AZ trade, but I'm not anxiously trying to do it nor would I add significant draft capital to Murray in the process.

TJ

Reaction score

There is a huge difference in talent and coaching between the Lions and Rams. McVay maximized Goff's potential and he started to come back down to earth. Snead and co. are doing the right thing here, even if it means sucking ass by 2024

Reactions: HGC

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
In most cases I'm going to vote for the best player. That's easily Stafford IMO.

With Keim's draft record, especially in the 1st........ Would anyone care if we started dealing our 1sts for stars like the Rams do? Should we care?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stafford has never had a top-10 defense or a solid running team. It's going to be interesting to see what happens next with the Rams.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Supposedly Detroit plans to move Goff too so they will either get a player or pick for him.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposedly Detroit plans to move Goff too so they will either get a player or pick for him.

how on earth would anyone else take that salary?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Where it affects us is in if we make the playoffs....
This trade gives the rams a couple more wins a season and may well give them home field advantage throughout the playoffs.... so if we have to face them in the playoffs it’s likely in LA and not in Glendale....
"Sweet dreams are made of these....."