If the Suns have the #2 pick, who should they pick?

Suns have the #2 pick, Ayton was taken #1, who should they take with that pick?

• Marvin Bagley - PF - Duke

• Luka Doncic - G - Europe

• Michael Porter Jr - F - Missouri

• Trae Young - PG - Oklahoma

• Mo Bamba - C - Texas

• Jaren Jackson Jr - C/F - Michigan St

• Select Someone Else/Trade For A Veteran

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it starts watering too much, think about them on defense. It will slow down, lol. That's what I do, anyway. It helps.

that's what I meant by the tissues comment! mouth watering... and uh, lotion because the mouth watering could dry out your lips...? Yeah. That's the ticket!:D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more film I watch, the bigger the crush. I am telling you he is Penny Hardaway

You also think Ayton is going to be a bust.

And Penny Hardaway... man... I'm sorry Chris, I just don't see that at all. He has similar size and passing flair, but that's where the comparisons stop at a screeching halt, IMO

If think Doncic looks anything like this, you either need new glasses or you must have ONLY watched Suns Penny Hardaway.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

And Penny Hardaway... jesus... I'm sorry Chris, that's just flat out freaking insane. There's no more delicate way to put that. That's how baseless that comparison is to me.

If think Doncic looks anything like this, you either need new glasses or you must have ONLY watched Suns Penny Hardaway.

This video made me even more sad about the Backcourt 2000 that wasn't. :(

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This video made me even more sad about the Backcourt 2000 that wasn't. :(

yeah... but he wasn't that guy in 2000 even. You can see it in that one highlight he has in our uni's where he dunks on Robinson. It's a pretty sweet dunk, but it's not the authoritative above the rim, no one can block this explosive stuff he was stuffing earlier in his career.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
yeah... but he wasn't that guy in 2000 even. You can see it in that one highlight he has in our uni's where he dunks on Robinson. It's a pretty sweet dunk, but it's not the authoritative above the rim, no one can block this explosive stuff he was stuffing earlier in his career.

Absolutely agreed. Penny was ridiculous early in his career. Absolute shame it didn't last longer due to injuries.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doncic reminds me of Lil Penny. :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely agreed. Penny was ridiculous early in his career. Absolute shame it didn't last longer due to injuries.

yup... both he and Amare got micro-fractured on their way to NBA Legendom (yes... Amare too. People forget just how ridiculously out of this world that kid was in his third year, scoring 26 pp. with 9 boards and going completely nutso on everyone in the playoffs).

Such a shame. Those guys were both electric to watch and made immediate impacts the second they got on the floor.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doncic’s shooting has declined every year. The more of a lead guard he becomes, the worse his shooting gets. When I think of Doncic I think Darko bust potential.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doncic’s shooting has declined every year. The more of a lead guard he becomes, the worse his shooting gets. When I think of Doncic I think Darko bust potential.

I get real nervous thinking about him... and looking back at the way people were talking up Darko back in the day makes me even moreso.

Was hearing same thing... how advanced he was at such a young age, how he dominated in a championship game. How he MIGHT even be a better top pick than LEBRON. Yes, there were articles like that being written.

For those who don’t believe me, check out a post halfway down this page with a bunch of links hyping Darko up as a KG type.

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/how-good-was-darko-milicic-projected-be

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ryan McD has shown a tendency to draft the most hyped of Euro of each draft as he’s done with Len and Bender.

There should be zero doubt that Donicic is our pick if he’s available.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wish I could see pre-draft workouts. As an example, I would love to see Doncic bring the ball up the court with Harrison or Jackson putting on full-court press. Or see how Bagley rebounds and scores against Chandler and Len. Watch Bender and JJJ go one on one and see who is better when they can't pass the ball. See if Young can score with Jackson on him and Chandler waiting for him in the paint. I feel like we are trying to judge and project these players based on such limited information. It would be so much fun to see individual workouts.
In pre draft workouts, aren’t the players usually competing against other draftees? I didn’t know they workout vs actual NBA players.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't wait until the tournament gets going this weekend to see what guys like Bagley, Jackson, Young, Porter, and Bamba can do when they're being watched by the entire country. Yahoo posted an article of players to watch in the tournament, it's worth checking out to know what games to watch and when.

All of the top prospects will be playing in it so we should get the chance to see how everyone does when the games mean more and the spotlight is on. It would be nice to see if Young can raise his stock like he did early this year. He's someone I'll be watching closely because the idea of pairing him with Booker in the backcourt is enticing. Much more so than Doncic and Booker, IMO. Young and Booker could easily be the next Splash Brothers. That would allow the Suns to follow the blueprint the Warriors used in order to build their championship team. Of course Draymond Green type players aren't easy to find but adding a good PF or Center that can set up his teammates in the low post at a decent rate should be the next target if they go that direction.

https://sports.yahoo.com/top-prospects-watch-prospect-matchups-opening-round-ncaas-161701483.html

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe not as big of a longshot as you think. If it's say, Memphis that gets #1, they could probably be talked into a swap with our highest pick, and maybe Warren. Gives them a jump start on their rebuild and quite a few mocks have them taking Doncic anyways.
And Memphis has a lot invested into their currently listed center. A 1-2 swap scenario with Memphis could be very feasible.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bagley and I'd probably trip running too fast to submit my pick

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And Penny Hardaway... man... I'm sorry Chris, I just don't see that at all. He has similar size and passing flair, but that's where the comparisons stop at a screeching halt, IMO

No I already said I was wrong about Ayton. First time seeing him in person and having a ton of money riding on him colored my opinion

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draft express had him at 1 until his latest injury.

They also correctly list him as a PG

2. Memphis Grizzlies
You must be registered for see images attach

Luka Doncic
Real Madrid
PG

Height: 6-8 | Weight: 228

After playing 80 games in the 2016-17 season, Doncic went straight into preparation for EuroBasket, which extended deep into September, giving him no offseason whatsoever. His body is paying the toll for that now, as he clearly hit a wall in February and was recently shut down by Real Madrid for at least a couple of weeks. It will be interesting to see if Doncic can regain his early season form heading into the EuroLeague and ACB playoffs, which will help him re-establish his candidacy for the No. 1 pick.

Create up to 25 brackets and compete against ESPN talent, pro athletes and celebrities for all the bracket glory! Play now

Doncic would be a dream pick for the Grizzlies, as he has the size, skill and versatility to fit in well alongside all their existing talent, while possessing quite a bit of star potential in his own right.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I get real nervous thinking about him... and looking back at the way people were talking up Darko back in the day makes me even moreso.

I seem to remember another Euro PG who was relatively large for the position and had a similar profile to Doncic's. He was massively hyped and attempted to come over to the NBA, but then he fizzled. Can someone help me remember who I'm thinking of? I feel like it was 6-8 years ago, but that could be off.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I seem to remember another Euro PG who was relatively large for the position and had a similar profile to Doncic's. He was massively hyped and attempted to come over to the NBA, but then he fizzled. Can someone help me remember who I'm thinking of? I feel like it was 6-8 years ago, but that could be off.

Sergio Rodriguez?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Rudy Fernandez maybe? He plays with Doncic right now. I don't remember much hype about him or Rodriguez, though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait until the tournament gets going this weekend to see what guys like Bagley, Jackson, Young, Porter, and Bamba can do when they're being watched by the entire country. Yahoo posted an article of players to watch in the tournament, it's worth checking out to know what games to watch and when.

All of the top prospects will be playing in it so we should get the chance to see how everyone does when the games mean more and the spotlight is on. It would be nice to see if Young can raise his stock like he did early this year. He's someone I'll be watching closely because the idea of pairing him with Booker in the backcourt is enticing. Much more so than Doncic and Booker, IMO. Young and Booker could easily be the next Splash Brothers. That would allow the Suns to follow the blueprint the Warriors used in order to build their championship team. Of course Draymond Green type players aren't easy to find but adding a good PF or Center that can set up his teammates in the low post at a decent rate should be the next target if they go that direction.

https://sports.yahoo.com/top-prospects-watch-prospect-matchups-opening-round-ncaas-161701483.html

Some great stuff!

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Any chance you're thinking of the Australian, Dante Exum?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Sergio Rodriguez or Milos Teodosic?

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Of course, there's Ricky Rubio...but that's a warning for point guards who can't shoot, not Euro prospects.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05