If the NFL is going to allow an alternative helmet...

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well..... I own three bowling balls so I am of that ilk. hahaha

Regardless, when I moved to 4k I started to notice the subtle differences in certain helmets. The Dolphins helmets come to mind instantly. They have a similar "glittery" look that I now love. I think these helmets could be a similar version in black.

Love it! We should join a league Vince!
I'm currently recovering from surgery on my right hand, but I'll be back on the lanes by September. I'm getting a little long in the tooth, but I can still roll the rock:thumbup:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This is my problem with it. The logo sticker looks like ass. You can see it best on Bucky's picks. It's printed on white stock and you can see a faint white edge all around the logo.

It should be on transparent stock so its seamless, ruins the whole thing.

You have to be real close to see the fleck. It's going to look plain black on TV.
You are sooo far from fact & reality it’s hilarious. Lol

The logo is printed on clear or transparent vinyl type material they make all nfl logos with without a doubt. And there’s no white whatsoever on the outer or edge part of the Redbird logo. Now the sun outside light in my pics might have led you to believe that but it’s not true.

I will assure you the helmet outside or in the lights of the stadium will appear as if it’s a dark red helmet & the flakes stand out! You don’t have the helmet so you can’t see it until they wear them on the field

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
The Bengals' stripes are painted on...

...and FWIW, the (new) USFL's Michigan Panthers and New Orleans Breakers had hand-painted helmets. (I kid you not.)
Well it is the USFL lol

Can’t wait to see new Cards digs next year

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are sooo far from fact & reality it’s hilarious. Lol

The logo is printed on clear or transparent vinyl type material they make all nfl logos with without a doubt. And there’s no white whatsoever on the outer or edge part of the Redbird logo. Now the sun outside light in my pics might have led you to believe that but it’s not true.

I will assure you the helmet outside or in the lights of the stadium will appear as if it’s a dark red helmet & the flakes stand out! You don’t have the helmet so you can’t see it until they wear them on the field
I hope you’re right. I do think they will look dope with the color rush uni’s. The traditional helmet didn’t work with this at all. I hope Kyler wears the yellow cleats again

Reaction score
The Bengals' stripes are painted on...

...and FWIW, the (new) USFL's Michigan Panthers and New Orleans Breakers had hand-painted helmets. (I kid you not.)
I defer to your expertise on the subject. But I could swear I've seen those stripes (Bengals) peeling during games, though it may have been the Memphis Tigers!

Regarding USFL games/teams - I didn't tune in. . .

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This is my problem with it. The logo sticker looks like ass. You can see it best on Bucky's picks. It's printed on white stock and you can see a faint white edge all around the logo.

It should be on transparent stock so its seamless, ruins the whole thing.

You have to be real close to see the fleck. It's going to look plain black on TV.
Agree, i was thinking the same thing. The white outline ruins it...

Other than that i like the helmet

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I defer to your expertise on the subject. But I could swear I've seen those stripes (Bengals) peeling during games, though it may have been the Memphis Tigers!

Regarding USFL games/teams - I didn't tune in. . .

Right after I posted that, I saw the video of the making of the alternate helmets, and they were applying the stripes as decals. Maybe the painted-on-thing is in the past...I'll check in with some of my helmet experts to find out.