If the NFL is going to allow an alternative helmet...

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
I don't hate it, could definitely be worse. I almost even like it. Will have to see them in action though for a final verdict. If the red speckles get freaky in the sun/lights they could be super cool.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just saw the video on the website. The sticker of the logo looks horrible and ruins the whole thing. Why couldn’t they just paint the logo too?? Makes the helmet look so cheap. It could’ve been awesome. Typical Cardinals; on the right path but then they blow it.

This is my problem with it. The logo sticker looks like ass. You can see it best on Bucky's picks. It's printed on white stock and you can see a faint white edge all around the logo.

It should be on transparent stock so its seamless, ruins the whole thing.

You have to be real close to see the fleck. It's going to look plain black on TV.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is my problem with it. The logo sticker looks like ass. You can see it best on Bucky's picks. It's printed on white stock and you can see a faint white edge all around the logo.

You have to be real close to see the fleck. It's going to look plain black on TV.
Exactly. Looks like a really cool helmet that my kid slapped a $2 Cardinals’ sticker on

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

It's not going to look plain black, geez

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If the red sparkles look bad in video and in photographs, what’s the point?

95% of your audience will exclusively see the helmet through those media.

FWIW, I like the enhanced logo more than I do the helmet itself.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just saw the video on the website. The sticker of the logo looks horrible and ruins the whole thing. Why couldn’t they just paint the logo too?? Makes the helmet look so cheap. It could’ve been awesome. Typical Cardinals; on the right path but then they blow it.
I like it even more after seeing the video.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
The Cards FB page has close ups that better show the red sparkle flakes on the helmet. If those shimmer in the light (which Bucky said they do), I could see these looking really awesome.

Still wish the face mask was yellow to resemble a beak, but knew that was a long shot to actually happen.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You guys dig bowling balls huh? Lol
Well..... I own three bowling balls so I am of that ilk. hahaha

Regardless, when I moved to 4k I started to notice the subtle differences in certain helmets. The Dolphins helmets come to mind instantly. They have a similar "glittery" look that I now love. I think these helmets could be a similar version in black.
I think you're being tough on the sport of bowling:cool: At my age, it's one of the few things I still do well;)
Love it! We should join a league Vince!

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Actually, that slight white along the trim of the logo is going to help the dimensional aspects come out more due to the contrast making the logo vibrate on the edges... that was a design approach done on purpose and not just because they selected a sticker surface