2016 - Ronnie Staley, Jack Conklin
2017 - 0
2018 - Mike McGlinchey
2019 - 0

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
If we are at 5, I would go:

Jeudy <-- Easily Jeudy over Lamb IMO especially for our offense. He is Julio & DHop IMO.
Thomas <-- We need to prioritize the O line IMO.
Simmons <-- The next great S/LB combo who can guard everybody.
Lamb <-- I worry about his ability to free himself quickly. Something our WR's need to do.
Wirfs <-- Again, OT must be a priority and there are few GOOD OT prospects in this draft.

add Derrick Brown and Henry Ruggs, at even at 10 one of those players are likely to be there

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some good names some bad names on both those list.

the draft is a flat out crap shoot.
We still have some time to watch some of these guys in action in the playoffs before we have to compile our Top 5 or Top 10 lists

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm all for a big play WR but there are a lot of solid WRs who come out, SK just ignores them trying to find small school gems or only caring about 40 times even though we don't use them vertically.

OSU has some solid D players besides Chase and Okaduh, which both will go off the boards early. They also have some play making WRs like Olave and Hill, and Mack and Victor are no slouches either.

I like the idea of a bigger physical WR option though in our lineup. Not quite TE big of course, but someone who can go for those 50/50 balls without a worry of it becoming an INT.

Reaction score
Can somedoby please tell me the recent dt's been picked in the top 10 how they drastically changed the defense?
I honestly don't recall his draft order, but Aaron Donald has been pretty damn impactful, and has been since his rookie season!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’ve made it clear I’d take Lamb first, but I’ve seen no inclination the Cards are so inclined. Of course the next logical question is if they don’t take Lamb, then who? For my money the only other option is Derrick Brown. If the Cards lose this weekend, odds are they pick 5th. In my experience when you pick in the top 5 you should not just get a starter; you should get a probable future Pro Bowl contender. A couple of the CBs might also fill that bill, but Brown is not only the surest option, he fills the greater need. Some people like an edge rusher here, but after Young I see no clear choice. This is too early to gamble. It’s also true there are good OTs here, but I think the OL group is deeper, though the DL group is deep as well. I just have Brown standing out more in his group than any of the OTs.

So why Lamb over Brown? Lamb is also a sure thing with more upside. He’ll help in Murray’s development and impact games more. Murray needs his kind of threat and frankly I don’t see one on the roster. The Cards have talent but not a big play guy. Lamb has a history of game changing receptions. He, alone, will not make the Cards a winner next season, but he adds a step that must be taken. Brown would be a needed building block for the defense, but I think developing Murray is the more critical move. If the Cards don’t make that happen, they slide back to square one.
I like the idea of Lamb or Juedy. We need help on both lines first. Can't protect KM & can't get a pass rush. Derrick Brown would be perfect. So would Andrew Thomas. Have to get protection in order to throw it to Lamb or Juedy. That being said, we drafted 3 WR's for this yr. Hopefully they develop? A whole lot of our draft depends on who we sign during the FA period.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll start by saying that I have no idea how good this Draft Class is (outside of Young and Burrow) but based strictly on need I think we should go with:
1. OT
2. WR
Both positions will help KM, I just think that an OT will help more, and we have a better chance of landing a good WR in the second or third round than a good OT. My question is if both OT's are there when we pick and Thomas is considered the better of the two, even though he's a LT, and assuming we resign DJ, do we take him and convert one of the LT's to RT? Or select Wirfs a natural RT?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Offensive line or defense. mourn offense is pretty much middle of the pack but our defense is dead last in the NFL.

Our offense has put us in position to win a couple more games only to see a team match right down field on us because we can’t stop anybody

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DT Derrick Brown
CB Jeff Okudah

Some mocks have the Cardinals taking Clemson safety Isaiah Simmons who projects to linebacker in the NFL. Been there, done that with Deone Bucannon.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
As much as I think Young will be a star, this team desperately needs the picks. He could be the best player in history and this defense as it stands now would still get blown off the ball.
While I do agree with the need for picks a star player makes everyone around better. Can just picture him and Jones coming off the edge and solves other problems IMO., makes our secondary better with better pass rush. I was more just dreaming it's not in the Cards makeup to make a bold move up anyway chances are better we trade down and end up with a couple of decent players but nobody another team really needs to scheme for.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Invest money in the free agency to solidify the trenches

Ive actually switched my thinking to the other way around.

Elite Trench players no longer become available in FA...they are just too valuable and hard to find. If someone gets to FA, they have lost a step or are injury prone.

Skill players on the other hand (minus QB's) are available every year and should be able to succeed on any team that has a QB and solid trenches. This year does look lean on WR though, so I guess Lamb could be a pick early, but only if we trade down IMO.

I

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Got no issue with Lamb, especially because of all 15 picks Keim has used on receivers the last few years there is not an above average one among them.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Got no issue with Lamb, especially because of all 15 picks Keim has used on receivers the last few years there is not an above average one among them.
LMAO today we win still think a true number 1 wr makes us dangerous but jmo I'm hoping Keim isnt drafting the guy next year

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have been surprised with how consistent guys like Byrd and Cooper have been catching the ball. I would luv to draft a guy like Lamb but honestly after seeing this game against what I would call a average team, it shows we can open things up with better OL play. I would draft DL and in the later rounds draft OL as well as use free agency to fill those deficiencies with vets for a young QB

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Derrick Brown is overrated, since his name emerged here I watched last 2 games and I wasn't impressed, outside of few plays he has been bullied by lineman and invisible
I've watched for two years...he isn't.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard