feed hopkins
Reaction score
In no particular order

Andrew Thomas
Tristan Wirfs
Derrick Brown
Chase Young
Trade Down

Young and Thomas should be gone. Brown vs Wirfs will get a lot of play on here over the next several months... I’d prefer an elite DT over and elite RT if we’re projecting best case scenarios.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For those who disagree about offensive line in round 1...the reason was seen today. When Murray has time and when we can run the ball, we are at our best. Plenty other ways to upgrade the defense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Young and Thomas should be gone. Brown vs Wirfs will get a lot of play on here over the next several months... I’d prefer an elite DT over and elite RT if we’re projecting best case scenarios.
I would prefer my QB has time to throw the ball and we can run the ball more than anything. Please also consider that I wanted to draft Derrick Brown last year before he decided to go back to school.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For those who disagree about offensive line in round 1...the reason was seen today. When Murray has time and when we can run the ball, we are at our best. Plenty other ways to upgrade the defense.
Just look at the Ravens for example. Lamar is awesome, but that OLine is just as awesome. I was against it earlier in the season, but I wouldn’t mind double dipping OL with our first two picks.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Just look at the Ravens for example. Lamar is awesome, but that OLine is just as awesome. I was against it earlier in the season, but I wouldn’t mind double dipping OL with our first two picks.
It all depends on free agency. Keim is going to throw some money around, and the draft is going to depend on where he decides to do so. He will leave a hole and then try to fill it in round one which has been his MO.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am prepared for Jedrick Wills in round 1 as PFF loves him and Wirfs is actually questionable to declare (a bit shocking to me).

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

LT - Ronnie Staley (1st round - 6th overall 2016)
LG - Bradley Bozeman (6th round 2018)
C - Patrick Mekari (undrafted 2019)
RG - Marshal Yanda (3rd round 2007)
RT - Orlando Brown (3rd round 2018)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been surprised with how consistent guys like Byrd and Cooper have been catching the ball. I would luv to draft a guy like Lamb but honestly after seeing this game against what I would call a average team, it shows we can open things up with better OL play. I would draft DL and in the later rounds draft OL as well as use free agency to fill those deficiencies with vets for a young QB

But that's like the 2nd game all year Byrd impacted I think it had much more to do with Cleveland's defense than him, they were just backing off him all game and we took the under.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I would prefer my QB has time to throw the ball and we can run the ball more than anything. Please also consider that I wanted to draft Derrick Brown last year before he decided to go back to school.

I’d be happy with both but would prefer a game changing DT. Our defensive talent under 29 is appalling.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
But that's like the 2nd game all year Byrd impacted I think it had much more to do with Cleveland's defense than him, they were just backing off him all game and we took the under.

I am taking the whole season into account. I am sure it will be a completely different story when we play the Seahawks and the Rams again when Kyler will not have time to give guys like Byrd a chance. I saw what the Rams did to Drake and our ability to run. It starts upfront. This OL will not be able to block those teams and we are not going to pressure or the stop them with this DL. Don't get me wrong, we need a true number one at WR, but at the moment that's like putting the cart in front of the horse, or worse a carrot in front of the cart minus the horse with the way Keim might draft. This game made me feel better playing a team which is average and allowed some of our positions to show they can be adequate when given a chance... our current situation in the trenches does not allot us to compete because just like the good ole days of being in the NFC East, we are in the loaded division again lol

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am taking the whole season into account. I am sure it will be a completely different story when we play the Seahawks and the Rams again when Kyler will not have time to give guys like Byrd a chance. I saw what the Rams did to Drake and our ability to run. It starts upfront. This OL will not be able to block those teams and we are not going to pressure or the stop them with this DL. Don't get me wrong, we need a true number one at WR, but at the moment that's like putting the cart in front of the horse, or worse a carrot in front of the cart minus the horse with the way Keim might draft. This game made me feel better playing a team which is average and allowed some of our positions to show they can be adequate when given a chance... our current situation in the trenches does not allot us to compete because just like the good ole days of being in the NFC East, we are in the loaded division again lol

Oh I'm not opposed to taking an OL either I just think you have to take the best player and you can make a huge argument it should be defense not offense anyways.

I can see why Harry loves Lamb, his ability to run after catch is off the charts, perfect in this system. He knows Kyler already so they should fit well together.

I can see an OL and I can see a DL or a CB. I don't really see a LB good enough to take unless we win another game or two and draft later than currently projected.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Oh I'm not opposed to taking an OL either I just think you have to take the best player and you can make a huge argument it should be defense not offense anyways.

I can see why Harry loves Lamb, his ability to run after catch is off the charts, perfect in this system. He knows Kyler already so they should fit well together.

I can see an OL and I can see a DL or a CB. I don't really see a LB good enough to take unless we win another game or two and draft later than currently projected.

I agree, just hoping the talent scenario presents itself where a DL or OL is that guy :)

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
with the win, Cards sit at 6

realistically, thats as high in the order as they get.

If Miami, or Detroit, or the Giants, or Wash, win their last two games -- the Cards could move up -- but that doesnt seem likely

with two wins, the Cards could draft as late at 12th -- also feeling unlikely

at 6, we get choices to debate

at 10 or so, i think its about who of the top 8 position players is left

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It all depends on free agency. Keim is going to throw some money around, and the draft is going to depend on where he decides to do so. He will leave a hole and then try to fill it in round one which has been his MO.
I agree. So where do you want instant experience? I think if we sign two starting lb in free agency it is the way to go.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree. So where do you want instant experience? I think if we sign two starting lb in free agency it is the way to go.
We have so many needs that it is tough to say. After franchise tags come out, it will be easier to talk specifics.

Ultimately, I don't see a likely FA option to add a WR.

The only interior line position to upgrade is C or RG, and I don't know that McGovern and Sherff will be available.

RB...maybe, but my guess is we will re-sign Drake since Keim will want to reinforce his great move.

Tackle market is thin. Conklin is my favorite but again, franchise tag is possible.

That leaves defense. I am sure Keim will screw this all up so imagine we will overpay for one or two guys instead of upgrading our overall depth with multiple mid-range players.

At the draft, I think we will want to take advantage of good classes for WR, OLB, CB. Keim consistently leaves holes on the roster and then adds rookies to fill those spots so we should know where we wants to well ahead of the draft.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
LT - Ronnie Staley (1st round - 6th overall 2016)
LG - Bradley Bozeman (6th round 2018)
C - Patrick Mekari (undrafted 2019)
RG - Marshal Yanda (3rd round 2007)
RT - Orlando Brown (3rd round 2018)
Well above average, but not an elite OL by any means. It's all about Roman's scheme and Lamar's explosiveness opening up huge holes and freezing the pass rush.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well above average, but not an elite OL by any means. It's all about Roman's scheme and Lamar's explosiveness opening up huge holes and freezing the pass rush.

Yeah they routinely play 3 TE's and sometimes one of those TE's is really an extra OL.

The scheme is really good it's a power run game they often in fact use the RB as a lead blocker for Lamar. Just when you think you have it figured out, he stops and hits a WR for a long TD.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah they routinely play 3 TE's and sometimes one of those TE's is really an extra OL.

The scheme is really good it's a power run game they often in fact use the RB as a lead blocker for Lamar. Just when you think you have it figured out, he stops and hits a WR for a long TD.
People in SF used to call that the Jumbo Package. He was notorious for using that package when Smith and Kaepernick where his QBs. Just saying....:)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People in SF used to call that the Jumbo Package. He was notorious for using that package when Smith and Kaepernick where his QBs. Just saying....:)

Yeah and the head coach was of course the brother of the Ravens head coach. they have done what Jim Harbaugh didn't do with CK, go all in and say ok we're going to run the ball until you stop us.

Lamar has been fabulous, definitely an MVP year. I still wonder if he's not going to have a short career with all the hits he's taking but so far, he's been spectacular

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah and the head coach was of course the brother of the Ravens head coach. they have done what Jim Harbaugh didn't do with CK, go all in and say ok we're going to run the ball until you stop us.

Lamar has been fabulous, definitely an MVP year. I still wonder if he's not going to have a short career with all the hits he's taking but so far, he's been spectacular
I am rooting for Roman. I think it was messed up how he was run out of town (+ Baalke daughter firing off a tweet about him).

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That leaves defense. I am sure Keim will screw this all up so imagine we will overpay for one or two guys instead of upgrading our overall depth with multiple mid-range players.

When has Keim ever made a big splash free agent signing? It's always been about mid tier guys. In fact, most here complain that we never get the big fish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard