If not Lamb, Who?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would take Juedy over Lamb because I think he’s got higher upside. He is definitely raw and inferior to Lamb right now though... I can see Lamb’s connection to Murray tipping the scale in his favor. I definitely wouldn’t take either over Derrick Brown. I’m looking forward to digging deeper on Javon Kinlaw.
I think both of those WRs lack the physical presence that I want from a top 10 WR. Personal opinion.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think both of those WRs lack the physical presence that I want from a top 10 WR. Personal opinion.
That’s where I keep finding myself. They lack “special” physical traits. If I’m spending a top 10 pick on a wr I’m looking for an AJ green or Julio or megatron. I don’t want a amari Cooper or Calvin Ridley.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a tough situation. I like Jalen Raegor...a lot. I think he is more of the player we intended to draft last year when we drafted Andy Isabella. This all being said...his game is really raw. He reminds me a lot of Andy Isabella where I believe his learning curve is going to be steep based upon what he was asked to do in college. The other issue is in relation to the roster. I don't think he contributes at WR initially. I love his ability as a returner and if you are willing to let Pharoah Cooper go and use Raegor as a return man initially, I am ok with that. However, FA comes before the Draft.

I wouldn't take Raegor in round 2. I would take him in rounds 3 or 4. I think he is similar to Tyreek Hill without documented personal baggage (at least that I have seen). A super raw player who is going to take some time to develop. Personally, I am not interested in that type of player in round 2.
I’m not sure if he’s really raw. His route tree will definitely expand in the pros than what he was asked to do in college, but he would come in & instantly be our best separator. For someone his size, he’s surprisingly good at high pointing. I like the nuance he brings when it comes to route releases. He’s so damn twitchy too which I love. MeCole Hardman was a 2nd rounder & I believe Jalen is a lot better than he was. He can also play outside & not just the slot despite his size. Teams would HAVE to respect his speed & that would open up the underneath big time.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think there is plan for Issabella. Kk wanted him. He has to have something in mind for him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m not sure if he’s really raw. His route tree will definitely expand in the pros than what he was asked to do in college, but he would come in & instantly be our best separator. For someone his size, he’s surprisingly good at high pointing. I like the nuance he brings when it comes to route releases. He’s so damn twitchy too which I love. MeCole Hardman was a 2nd rounder & I believe Jalen is a lot better than he was. He can also play outside & not just the slot despite his size. Teams would HAVE to respect his speed & that would open up the underneath big time.
Where he interests me most is his ability to play outside though I know he didn't face much press and until he does, it is tough to know how he responds. That is the one thing I watched for with Isabella last year at the Senior Bowl, and he got it handed to him. It was also the area that I liked most about McLaurin. I have to check for this year, but I do know that previously he only lined up on one side of the field. Do you know if that continued this year? It isn't a deal breaker, but it is something that would concern me.

I was shocked by the Hardman pick by the Chiefs at 56. I agree that I like Reagor more than I liked Hardman.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where he interests me most is his ability to play outside though I know he didn't face much press and until he does, it is tough to know how he responds. That is the one thing I watched for with Isabella last year at the Senior Bowl, and he got it handed to him. It was also the area that I liked most about McLaurin. I have to check for this year, but I do know that previously he only lined up on one side of the field. Do you know if that continued this year? It isn't a deal breaker, but it is something that would concern me.

I was shocked by the Hardman pick by the Chiefs at 56. I agree that I like Reagor more than I liked Hardman.
He still primarily lined up on the right, but they moved him more to the left than they did last year.

I also like him more than other 2nd round prospects like Tyler Johnson, Higgins, Aiyuk, Pittman, etc

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I still think there is plan for Issabella. Kk wanted him. He has to have something in mind for him.
Definitely. There is a plan. However, I have doubts that Isabella can do what Kingsbury has planned for him. He is just so damn small. Short arms. Short height. Baby hands. I think he is a gimmick player at best which is why I have no issues with the Cardinals adding a receiver who does want they hoped Isabella could do.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He still primarily lined up on the right, but they moved him more to the left than they did last year.

I also like him more than other 2nd round prospects like Tyler Johnson, Higgins, Aiyuk, Pittman, etc
It is really going to be a bad year for veteran fringe NFL WRs. I count 16 WRs who I could argue are in the top 90 of draftable players this year. 12 were taken in the top 90 last year. Guys are going to be available in the third round who are going to be legit NFL talents. I think that is why I am willing to be patient.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Between Jerry Jeudy, Lamp, Higgins, Pittman, Claypool, Edwards, Proche, Mims, Duvernay, Aiyuk and Reed you might be able to get a good WR in the early 3rd round. But from that list not everyone is a true #1 outside WR. Lamp and Jeudy are more that slot type of player and are only ~ 6 foot tall. Higgins, Pittman, Claypool, Edwards and Mims are possible #1 WR that are some kind of "freakish" espacially Higgins Pittman and Mims look really fast. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them or even two get a 4.40 40yard time.

I would argue that maybe Collin Johnson or Antonio Gandy-Golen are possible guys to look at in the late 3rd early 4th round as well both 6'4/6'5 and both around 4.50.

But again, I'm for buidling from the trenches or BPA expect for QB, K, LS, P we can take anything in the first 3 rows, wouldn't even mind for a qb in the 4th

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between Jerry Jeudy, Lamp, Higgins, Pittman, Claypool, Edwards, Proche, Mims, Duvernay, Aiyuk and Reed you might be able to get a good WR in the early 3rd round. But from that list not everyone is a true #1 outside WR. Lamp and Jeudy are more that slot type of player and are only ~ 6 foot tall. Higgins, Pittman, Claypool, Edwards and Mims are possible #1 WR that are some kind of "freakish" espacially Higgins Pittman and Mims look really fast. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them or even two get a 4.40 40yard time.

I would argue that maybe Collin Johnson or Antonio Gandy-Golen are possible guys to look at in the late 3rd early 4th round as well both 6'4/6'5 and both around 4.50.

But again, I'm for buidling from the trenches or BPA expect for QB, K, LS, P we can take anything in the first 3 rows, wouldn't even mind for a qb in the 4th
I didn’t realize Pittman was that big. Look forward to seeing him today.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I didn’t realize Pittman was that big. Look forward to seeing him today.
He is big, has good hands, already okayish rout running and reminds a little bit of Calvin Johnson. I could see him jumping to #1 WR after the Combine.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
it’s the other way around Juedy is the finished product and regarded as the best route runner to come out in years.

Raw was the wrong word to use but Juedy isn’t a finished product. I watched him a lot and felt he should’ve come down with more balls than he did. His “ankle talent” (yes I invented a term) is some of the best I’ve seen a WR which is why I think his ceiling his higher than Lamb but Lamb is the better player right now.

I agree with @Chopper0080 that neither one looks like can’t miss guy right now.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Raw was the wrong word to use but Juedy isn’t a finished product. I watched him a lot and felt he should’ve come down with more balls than he did. His “ankle talent” (yes I invented a term) is some of the best I’ve seen a WR which is why I think his ceiling his higher than Lamb but Lamb is the better player right now.

I agree with @Chopper0080 that neither one looks like can’t miss guy right now.

and I agree with both of you I see nice players but there’s no Julio, Megatron or Fitz in this draft

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lamb is a legit 6'2
Lamb can play slot outside, everything...