If Kyler Played in the Late 80’s/Early 90’s...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's impossible to say what would have happened if you put a modern day elite athlete 4 decades ago.

In the 80s William Perry was considered a freak of nature at 330 lbs and now that isn't anything really special. The average NFL lineman is 315.

So system wise sure you could assume that but the counter is that Murray would be one of the fastest players in the league and defenders would not know how to counter that.

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
Well
I’m becoming more concerned that Murray might more resemble Doug Flutie than Russell Wilson...
If he played back when Flutie played, I seriously don’t think Kyler would be a consistent NFL starter.
But the offense/WR/QB-friendly NFL of today might allow Murray to squeak by just enough to keep him a starter for a few more years...

But his mechanics are terrible...He rarely, if ever sets his feet and gets his shoulders in proper position to throw the ball. Hence, he is often missing high and often under-throws the deep balls, even though his arm is strong enough to get it downfield without a problem.

Did Keim draft a later model of Doug Flutie? [emoji30]

Well....its 2020.... so who cares?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m becoming more concerned that Murray might more resemble Doug Flutie than Russell Wilson...
If he played back when Flutie played, I seriously don’t think Kyler would be a consistent NFL starter.
But the offense/WR/QB-friendly NFL of today might allow Murray to squeak by just enough to keep him a starter for a few more years...

But his mechanics are terrible...He rarely, if ever sets his feet and gets his shoulders in proper position to throw the ball. Hence, he is often missing high and often under-throws the deep balls, even though his arm is strong enough to get it downfield without a problem.

Did Keim draft a later model of Doug Flutie? [emoji30]

the game would be like in slow motion compared to today.

Troy Aikman gots 3 rings and he’s not really good

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on, man. No comparison. One is a 5'10" QB who won the Heisman Trophy and the other is...
a 5'10" QB who won the Heisman Trophy.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What’s with the Flutie comparisons?? In their primes, If they ran a 40 together, Murray would beat Flutie by 10 yards. And Garcia by 15.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson