Ian Rapoport Dhop trade likely happening in the next ten days

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it has to happen.

The injuries, the suspension, his age, the position the team is currently in. The smart thing to do is trade him.

I think he's still a great player. I expect him to be great to whatever team he goes to. But for us it makes sense.

Also something Keim would not have done so it must be right.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Hmmm. Im assuming that means thats its a little bit of a more complicated deal that involes us taking on some money or something....not a spur of the moment draft day type trade.

Lets hope its nets us enough to get another starter. I don't really care where...but if we are trading DHop I want to replace him with another starter.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I'd be happy with a second and a mid rounder, but it still creates a gapping hole in another position group. Add WR to the O-Line, D-Line, Cornerback and Running Back positions of great need.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Doesn’t seem like an “addition by subtraction” move. More of a “we’ll suck next year anyway” kinda move.
If we finally have a GM who is willing to admit that and plan accordingly...we might be on to something.

We all have to admit that 23 is looking like a lost season from the get go. Injured Kyler, Brand new coaches everywhere. A very tough division. If we are trying to hit the "reset" button....and not completely blow everything up....then we have to accept a down year as part of that reset.

I would not go big in FA. I would add as many draft picks as possible, eat any dead cap we can this year instead of spreading it out...and head into 24 ready to pounce.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Doesn’t seem like an “addition by subtraction” move. More of a “we’ll suck next year anyway” kinda move.
I don't think it makes the Cardinals better by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a good step forward for the Cardinals to be able to get compensation for assets instead of letting them walk.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hope there is a subsequent move to follow. I have no interest in trying to directly replace Nuk with Hollywood.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This makes sense. The team trading for him may need to adjust his contract. A lot of teams will want to check out the WR workouts to help clarify what they class looks like in terms of depth and talent. FA WR class is bad.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
This is treating DHop right and giving him a chance at a ring in the next two years-similar to the Aeneas situation. I hope it is the Chiefs because with Superman throwing him the ball he would likely have an incredible year.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Not sure if that's a Huh? or a Huh! lol Anyway, I think the more picks they have stockpiled before the draft will impact the types of trades they look for during the draft. At the end of the day, you can only draft so many players, in one year, that have a chance to actually help the team. If they get multiple picks for Hop, or even a 1st, they can worry more about a quality trade down of #3 vs a quantity trade down.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What they get in return for Hop, will impact the trade offers they may entertain for #3.
Agree, if they can get a one or high two for Hop, and if Anderson is there at 3 you take him. If he’s gone trade down and stockpile picks. Get your rebuild started and fix your cap as best you can all for 2024 reboot

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it has to happen.

The injuries, the suspension, his age, the position the team is currently in. The smart thing to do is trade him.

I think he's still a great player. I expect him to be great to whatever team he goes to. But for us it makes sense.

Also something Keim would not have done so it must be right.
Keim might have traded him for Antonio Brown.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Love DHop but he is apparently badmouthing a certain quarterback and in doing so has accelerated the trade process

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Links? Screencaps?

Curious minds want to know.
I think it was last week(?) I mentioned Hopkins saying he wouldn't be in Arizona this season. The person who told me about it also said Hopkins said something about KM. This happened at a non-football non-Cardinal related facility. I can probably expand more (with details) after the trade but I don't want to mess anybody up. The acceleration I mentioned is pure speculation on my end but it all lines up imo

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Any chance the cheifs would trade us Creed Humphry straight up? New starting Center. Young, played with Kyler. Already shown to be a solid NFL player with room to grow.