Ian Rapoport Dhop trade likely happening in the next ten days

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PATS need a 'go to' receiver, and Dhop is hardly in his twilight.
I said "soon to be". That's how the Pat's look at players. Heck, then even gave up on Brady two years too soon.

It's not the Pat's way.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And let's not forget how Bill fleeced the Raiders for a 29 year old Rany Moss. They got him for a 4th round pick. So even if they wanted Hopkins, there is no way they are giving up a 2nd rounder for him.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the PATS way is not written in stone.

They have to find Mac a go-to receiver because, almost needless to say, he's not the GOAT.

That's interesting that you think Mac Jones is penciled in at QB, the same Mac Jones who was benched twice for....checking notes.....Bailey Zappe.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was written yesterday.

"And it appears that Zappe will now have a real shot in becoming the starter. The Athletic has reported that while Jones is "expected" to be the starter. Zappe will "get the chance to push for the job". The same report stated that Belichick asked his coaching staff not to go too hard on the starting quarterback"

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This was written yesterday.

"And it appears that Zappe will now have a real shot in becoming the starter. The Athletic has reported that while Jones is "expected" to be the starter. Zappe will "get the chance to push for the job". The same report stated that Belichick asked his coaching staff not to go too hard on the starting quarterback"
Lot's a QB's take a step back in their 2nd year...I think it's way more common. Add that to the fact that Matt Freaking Patricia was given OC duties made it a disaster. He and Jones were visibly not on the same page last year. I actually think BOB will bring Jones back up to a higher level of play.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lot's a QB's take a step back in their 2nd year...I think it's way more common. Add that to the fact that Matt Freaking Patricia was given OC duties made it a disaster. He and Jones were visibly not on the same page last year. I actually think BOB will bring Jones back up to a higher level of play.
Let me ask you this then, do you think Mac Jones and the Patriots are a Hopkins away from beating out the Bills for the division?

If the Jets get a QB, the Patriots may battle the Dolphins for 3rd in my opinion.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Let me ask you this then, do you think Mac Jones and the Patriots are a Hopkins away from beating out the Bills for the division?

If the Jets get a QB, the Patriots may battle the Dolphins for 3rd in my opinion.
I honestly don't know. I think they need someone like Hopkins, but I also think they need a stud RB who can be leaned on. I'm more curious to see how the Bills recover this year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah I see the other side of the argument, but do people remember how ugly our offense was without him? The year before last when we made the playoffs we were a legit threat until he got injured against the Rams in Dec.

Regarding last year, I can’t lie, we were a train wreck even with him on the field. Sadly we never really got to see the Hopkins and brown duo.

I totally get the logic of trading him while he still has value, but man, losing elite talent just to acquire more draft picks is such a gamble.

I guess a silver lining is if we can get a second in return, at the end of the day that’s basically what we gave up to get him in his prime.

Trading DHop is really more about clearing a cap liability in the short term. Any trade compensation would be a bonus.

I just think it’s more fun cheering for an Arizona Cardinals team with one of the eight best WRs in the NFL than one without. Cap room historically doesn’t catch many touchdowns.
Most QBs take a big leap forward in their second seasons; few good QBs over the long term regress after a good rookie season.

Josh Allen was remarkable because he made the leap from meme to MVP candidate in his third season.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And we fleeced him on Chandler Jones.

Eh, much different than Moss situation. They had 2 stars and one was going to walk, they kept Hightower instead then had to get something from Jones instead of nothing, kind of like what we are doing now and why we are barely getting going to get a 2nd and change for a top ~ 5 WR.

We fleeced the Texans.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, much different than Moss situation. They had 2 stars and one was going to walk, they kept Hightower instead then had to get something from Jones instead of nothing, kind of like what we are doing now and why we are barely getting anything for a top ~ 5 WR.

We fleeced the Texans.
In what world and todays NFL is D-Hop a top 5?

Justin Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Tyreek Hill
Davonte Adams
Cooper Kupp
Stefon Diggs
AJ Brown
Mike Evans

Maybe even:

Ceedee Lamb
Chris Godwin

Last edited:

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In what world and todays NFL is D-Hop a too 5?

Sure, that's a bit dated and didn't specifically mean actually top 5 hence the squiggly, but it's not like he's outside the top 10.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, that's a bit dated and didn't specifically mean actually top 5 hence the squiggly, but it's not like he's outside the top 10.
I edited and added a list and I’m not sure he isn’t out of top 10 either honestly.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In what world and todays NFL is D-Hop a top 5?

Justin Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Tyreek Hill
Davonte Adams
Cooper Kupp
Stefon Diggs
AJ Brown
Mike Evans

Maybe even:

Ceedee Lamb
Chris Godwin
Justin Jefferson
Tyreek Hill
AJ Brown
Jamar Chase
D. Hop

I take D. Hop over everyone else you listed. He's always open and his catch radius is enormous.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin Jefferson
Tyreek Hill
AJ Brown
Jamar Chase
D. Hop

I take D. Hop over everyone else you listed. He's always open and his catch radius is enormous.
That’s hometown hometown. We see it a lot around here and with fans of other teams :)